Adobe Director 12 - Create and Deliver Compelling Multimedia Experiences
Adobe Director 12 and Adobe Shockwave Player software help you create and publish compelling interactive games and eLearning courses for the web, iOS devices, Mac and Windows desktops, DVDs, and CDs. Integrate virtually any major file format, including FLV, swf and native 3D content.
Adobe Director 12 - Features:
- Publish to iOS devices workflow. Adobe Director 12 can now publish games directly to iOS devices, through a simple, yet powerful workflow. Existing games can be republished to run on the iOS platform. Enhance the gaming experience by incorporating new support for accelerometers and other device specific interactions. (*Additional Fees Apply.)
- New sensational Post-processing effects. You can now add several exciting effects, such as Convolution filter, Adjust Color filter, Depth of Field, Bloom Effect, Night Vision, etc., to visually enhance movies.
- Exciting new textures and shaders. Make your Director movies a visual treat by taking advantage of the exciting new textures, such as PerlinNoise Texture, CubeMap Render Texture and shaders, such as Fresnel Shader.
- Support for more than 40 video, audio, and image file formats. Enjoy the flexibility to incorporate content in virtually every major format, including SWF; DVD-Video, H.264, FLV, F4V and other video formats; as well as the broadest range of audio and graphics formats, including bitmaps, vectors, text, and 3D.
- Windows Media format support. Use the popular Windows Media format, including Windows Media Audio and Windows Media Video, within your Adobe Director projects.
- Apple QuickTime 7 support. Take advantage of QuickTime features, including support for streaming MPEG-4 video and MP3 audio.
- RealMedia format support. Integrate RealMedia files, including RealVideo and RealAudio, in Director projects for Mac or Windows.
- Bitmap filters. Achieve an even wider variety of rich visual effects, including blur, drop shadow, bevel, glow, and more, with bitmap filters you can apply through the user interface or scripting.
- Multiuser interactivity. Build games and other applications that allow multiple users to interact.
- Enhanced user interface. Do more and do it faster with an enhanced user interface that offers window docking, tabbed views, and improved management of movie assets to streamline your workflow.
- Sprite and channel naming. Assign custom names to sprites and manipulate them easily without altering existing code. Move sprites and channels without modifying code, reducing scripting and editing time.
- Stage docking. Improve productivity and reduce window clutter with Stage docking.
- Movie-in-a-Window docking. Enhance your workflow by docking Movie-in-a-Window (MIAW) tools with other palettes and tools.
- Start page. Gain quick access to recently used files, help, and tutorials through the Start page.
- Window properties. Work efficiently and quickly customize the look of your windows in Director projectors. Complex tasks, such as creating window and drag masks, are as simple as selecting a cast member in a pop-up menu.
- Projector publishing panel. Reduce the time required to publish Director applications by saving projector settings on a per-project basis.
- DVD-Video support. Easily integrate this popular interactive video format into your Director projects. Embed, control, and play back DVD movies with other types of media to create powerful interactive experiences.
- DVD Event Manager. Trigger events, such as firing web pages or swapping cast members during DVD playback. This easy-to-use visual tool eliminates the need for the majority of DVD-related scripting and speeds up the creation of sophisticated interactivity.
- DVD Controller components. Quickly add DVD playback capabilities to Director projectors or Shockwave enabled web pages using prebuilt DVD Controller components based on Adobe Flash technology. Select from three styles to control nearly every aspect of DVD movie navigation.
- Adobe Shockwave Player. Be confident that your games, applications, eLearning courses, demos, and prototypes are customer-ready for the web thanks to popular Adobe Shockwave Player software, available as a free download for Universal Mac and Windows platforms and already on the majority of computers worldwide.
- Easy multiversion output. Broaden your market reach by authoring once and publishing across platforms and technologies with output that is customer-ready for virtually all computers as well as kiosks, DVDs, CDs, and the web.
- Easy cross-platform projector publishing. Publish your applications for Universal Mac and Windows desktops with a single click.
- Enhanced productivity with multiple undo/redo. Experiment freely, knowing you can instantly undo or redo multiple steps in one click.
- Unicode support. Easily localize your games, applications, demos, training courses, and prototypes for international markets with Unicode support.
- Accessibility support. Create content that meets government accessibility guidelines — including Section 508 guidelines. Director lets you add text-to-speech, captioning, and tab-navigation features to web-based Shockwave content or standalone applications on both Windows and Mac systems.
- Xtra plug-ins. Extend your authoring environment, as well as the playback engine, with an ecosystem of third-party Xtras.
- Manipulate ByteArrays. Access and manipulate binary data using ByteArray datatype.
- Adobe product line compatibility. Take advantage of the easy workflow between Director 12 and the Adobe applications you already rely on, including Adobe Photoshop and Flash Professional.
- Application control. Create fully featured applications that can access, launch, and control other applications from within your Director project.
- Speech Xtra extension. Create customizable, accessible content through the cross-platform Speech Xtra extension, which converts text to speech without a screen reader. The operating system provides voices at the system level. Any user with Shockwave Player and a speech engine installed (which ships standard on current operating systems) can use your accessible content.
- Accessibility behaviors. Control speech, tabbing, and item highlighting, as well as the captioning of words spoken by the Speech Xtra extension, with drag-and-drop behaviors.
- Internet protocol support. Import HTML text while maintaining full control of all link references, create web-based e-commerce applications with secure transactions (HTTPS) inside Shockwave, and integrate two-way communication (CGI Post).
- XML parsing. Reduce resource requirements and leverage standard data exchange, even from large XML documents, with XML document parsing.
- Create Stunning Surround Sound Multimedia. Make your multimedia applications and games sound as real as they look with state-of-the-art audio capabilities that include 5.1 channel surround sound, 16-channel sound mixing, and advanced filters.
- Powerful 3D support. Incorporate 3D to deliver more engaging experiences. Rapidly create rich 3D environments using millions of ready-made 3D models available via SketchUp and 3D Warehouse, and take advantage of DirectX 9 support for native 3D rendering.
- Advanced physics with NVIDIA PhysX support. Build games with realistic collisions and create simulations that model real-world gravity and other forces. The NVIDIA PhysX™ physics engine delivers advanced dynamic motion and interaction.
- H.264 video integration. Create an enhanced multimedia experience using H.264 video integration that lets you play full-screen, high-definition video in your multimedia applications and games. Also enjoy support for FLV and F4V video formats and streaming video.
- Support for Flash 11.0 and video created with Flash technology. Expand your creative options by seamlessly importing content created with Adobe Flash 11.0 into your applications.
- Powerful text rendering engine. Display smooth, crisp text in your demos, courses, games, and other applications with a more powerful text engine that improves font rendering.
- Parallax mapping. Parallax mapping is an enhancement of Normal/Bump Mapping technique. This technique provides more apparent depth and greater realism with less impact on the performance.
- Cube mapping. Cube mapping is a method of using a six-sided cube as the shape of the map. The model is projected onto the six faces of a cube and stored as six square textures, or unfolded into six regions of a single texture.
- Normal mapping. Normal mapping is a technique used for showing finer details like lighting of bumps and dents without using additional polygons.
- Render to texture. Render Textures are textures that are created and updated at runtime.
- Character Controller capabilities. Make your games with a finer control of characters and rigid bodies and make all of them interact with each other.
- Cloth simulation capabilities. Start using the cloth simulation techniques to incorporate flags and banners in your game.
Windows System Requirements:
- Intel Pentium 4 processor
- Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista or Windows 7 or Windows 8
- 512MB of RAM
- 500MB of available hard-disk space
Macintosh System Requirements:
- Multicore Intel processor
- Mac OS X v10.6 or v10.7 or v10.8
- 512MB of RAM
- 500MB of available hard-disk space
This product can only be ordered by Non-Profit Organizations that are eligble under IRS Section 501(c)3. Qualified customers must fax us a copy of their IRS 501(c)3 Certification Letter after placing their order. Orders will only be processed for shipping after receiving this documentation. This is a special license product, and does not include printed boxes and manuals. License is custom-created by Adobe for the end-user -- so the order will take approximately 5 days to process. Customer will receive a license certificate, instructions for downloading installation software, and volume license serial numbers. As this product is a custom license, this product is not returnable.
Customers can choose to purchase the Adobe Upgrade Plan with their licenses. With the 24-Month Upgrade Plan, your licenses will receive all updates and upgrades on this product for a period of 24-Months from the date of issue of the license. Protect your software investment and ensure that you have access to the most current technology. At the end of the 24-Month Upgrade Plan period, you can renew the Adobe Upgrade Plan for a further period 24-Month period. Call us at 800-433-6326 with any questions about the Adobe Upgrade Plan.