Bottle Rocket Stage One
The BLUE Bottle Rocket Stage 1 is a transformerless Class A microphone with a sound all its own. It comes with a B8 capsule - the same capsule used in Blue's popular Bluebird - as well as the custom shockmount and an ATA-style flight case. Great for recording vocals, electric guitars, acoustic guitars, strings, drums, woodwinds, and more, you get impressive versatility and, of course, impeccable BLUE quality with the Bottle Rocket Stage 1. Fully compatible with Bottle Caps, BLUE's interchangable capsule system, you can add an array of tonal characteristics and pickup patterns to your BLUE Bottle Rocket Stage 1!
Great for recording a variety of sources
With the BLUE Bottle Rocket Stage 1 in your mic closet, you can rest assured - you've got an incredibly versatile mic, ready to tackle nearly any source. On vocals, you can get a "big" vocal sound, without worrying about overloading the mic, an incredible clean guitar sound on your electric amp, and a well-suited shimmering high-end on acoustics! With its natural highs and soft midrange characteristics, your Type B can handle nearly any member of the bowed string family, and its extended high end delivers a modern tonality when miking saxophones and other wind instruments!
The Bottle Rocket Stage 1 has a very low self noise specification - less than 7.5dB - and a very high output level at +12dBV, making it a great choice for the high sample rate/deep word length digital platforms of today. Instead of using integrated circuits or chips, the Stage 1 uses a transformerless Class A discrete amplifier circuit, giving it the most accurate, nose-free signal possible.
Compatible with BLUE Bottle Caps
Expanding the possibilities of your BLUE Bottle Rocket Stage 1, this mic is fully compatible with BLUE's acclaimed Bottle Caps, letting you interchange your capsules. Enjoy a new tonal range as you try out larger or smaller diaphragm capsules with varying pickups patterns on different sources.
B8 Capsule included in purchase of Bottle Rocket Stage One.
The Bottle Caps:
- B0 Capsule (270709) — Airy top end, silky vocal sound
- B1 Capsule (270710) — Ultimate acoustic instrument mic
- B2 Capsule (270711) — Vintage, rich ribbon sound with muted top end and detailed midrange
- B3 Capsule (270712) - Accurate, neutral sound
- B4 Capsule (270713) - Live and orchestral applications
- B5 Capsule (270714) - Dramatic top and bottom
- B6 Capsule (270715) - The renowned Blue sonic signature—smooth, liquid presence
- B7 Capsule (270716) - Today's vintage sound
- B8 Capsule - All-purpose "TPO" (The Popular Opinion) sound—the default Bottle Cap. (Included in purchase)
Bottle Rocket Stage One Specs:
- Acoustical operating principal: Pressure gradient or pure pressure (depending on capsule)
- Directional pattern: Cardioid, omnidirectional, figure of 8 (depending on capsule)
- Frequency response: 20Hz–20kHz
- Sensitivity (1kHz into 2.5kOhm): 27mV/Pa (±10mV depending on capsule)
- Rated impedance: 50 ohm
- Rated load impedance: No less than 1kOhm
- Nose level a-weighted (IEC 651): No more than 7.5dBV–14dBV (depending on capsule)
- Max output (1% THD into 2.5kOhm): +12dBV = 3.1 Vrms
- Max SPL (1.0% THD into 2.5kOhm): 138 dB
- Dynamic range (2.5kOhm load): 130dB
- Supply voltage (IEC 268-15): +48V phantom power (+35V minimum)
- Current draw: (typical AI+48V): 1.8mA