Avid Pro Tools 10 Student versions are for use by eligible students only. You will be asked to verify your eligibility for the educational price after purchase. You must obtain a serial number by submitting proof of education eligibility to Avid. Read the eligibility guidelines at http://apps.avid.com/academiceligibility/
Avid Pro Tools 10 Student Editions may be purchased by -
- University and college students enrolled at a higher education institution defined as an accredited public or private university or college (including community, junior, or vocational college) that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two years of fulltime study.
- K-12 school students do not qualify for student discounts/pricing.
Before the software can be activated, eligible customers must obtain a serial number by submitting proof of eligibility for this program to Avid (instructions for providing proof of eligibility will be included inside the software box). If the customer cannot provide proof of eligibility, they will not be able to use this product.
PLEASE NOTE: It is your responsibility to ensure that you are eligible to buy and use this software before purchasing this product. If you have questions about eligibility, please call us at 800-433-6326 before placing your order.
Avid Pro Tools 10 Student Edition - Professional audio recording and music creation software
Students: Get free upgrades for the next four years! Now, you can buy Avid Pro Tools 10 Student Edition for just $295, and receive free upgrades to every new version released for four years after purchasing and registering the software. Free upgrades are delivered directly by Avid to all registered Student Edition customers.
The world’s most advanced audio production platform. Your sound—better, faster, and easier than ever
Your dedication deserves the best tools available. With Pro Tools 10 software, you get everything you need to compose, record, edit, and mix music or sound for picture. Unleash your creativity with the award-winning toolset. Achieve the highest quality sound—reliably—in the shortest amount of time possible. And use the same tools used to create your favorite albums and soundtracks. Whether you work in a professional facility, home studio, or on the road, nothing gives you the quality, performance, reliability, and ease to create like Pro Tools, the most widely used digital audio workstation in the industry.
Mix it up—at higher resolution
With Pro Tools 10, you can mix multiple audio file formats and bit depths within the same session—including interleaved—without any file duplication to cause project bloat. Plus, with support for 32-bit floating-point file formats, you’ll get higher resolution sound when recording or importing, with more headroom to preserve the integrity of your audio from beginning to end.
Drive faster—with better performance
Gain better recording and playback performance when working on a laptop with an external drive or a network-attached storage device. Speed up editing and mixing with Clip Gain. Work more easily with AudioSuite-rendered clips. Get 4x more Automatic Delay Compensation and 2x more busses to handle bigger mixes with more plug-ins. And get snappier performance when working on sessions with lots of fades.
Plug into legendary sound
With the included Avid Channel Strip plug-in, you get the renowned channel strip of the Avid (formerly Euphonix) System 5, one of the most sought-after consoles used to create some of the greatest mixes ever produced. Work with exact replications of the console’s EQ and compression algorithms to add life to your mix.
Work the way you want
With Pro Tools, you have the flexibility to record, edit, and mix music and sound for picture your way. Pair the software with your favorite Avid or third-party audio interface to record and monitor vocal and instrument performances. Or record and create with just your computer and the software alone for ultimate portability.
Avid Pro Tools 10 – Key Features:
- Speed up editing and mixing with Clip Gain, and easily adjust and match gain levels, pre-mixer
- Use multiple audio formats in a session—including interleaved—without file duplication
- Record higher resolution sound with more headroom in 32-bit floating-point format
- Get great responsiveness on slower hard drives with the enhanced disk cache
- Record in low-latency mode, with direct monitoring when using third-party audio interfaces
- Get the sound of System 5 console EQ and dynamics with the Avid Channel Strip plug-in
- Get access to over 500 additional Pro Tools commands when using EUCON controllers
- Work more easily with AudioSuite-rendered clips with reverse processing, handles, and more
- Create extra long-format projects for sequential versioning with the extended 24-hour timeline
- Open fade-heavy sessions faster and get better responsiveness with real-time fades
- Fold down 5.1 surround mixes to stereo with the Down Mixer plug-in
- Export mixes directly to SoundCloud to share and promote your music to the world
- Shop for virtual instruments, effects, and sound processing plug-ins in the Marketplace
Avid Pro Tools 10 – System Requirements:
- Avid-qualified Mac or PC (details<http://www.avid.com/compatibility>)
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 , Mac OS X Lion, or Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate (32- or 64-bit)
- 4 GB of RAM
- Minimum 15 GB free hard disk space for installation
- USB port (for iLok)