Dragon Medical Practice Edition Upgrade - Improve the Speed and Accuracy of Documentation
Upgrade Pack for customers who currently own Dragon Naturally Speaking Professional 9 or 10.
The rush towards computerized patient records is on. For medical practices, federal stimulus funds are now available to cover the cost of buying and deploying EHRs…and then some. But when physicians start using their EHRs, they’ll discover the truth: EHRs slow physicians down.
Introducing…Dragon Medical Practice Edition! The latest member of the Dragon Medical family, it’s designed and priced especially for smaller practices to help clinicians accelerate adoption of their chosen EHR. Using Dragon Medical Practice Edition ensures clinicians document care more completely and in their own words. Dragon Medical Practice Edition is the most widely used and successful speech recognition solution in medical practices around the country, and is used by more than 200,000 clinicians worldwide to document care. Dragon Medical Practical Edition turns your voice into text three times faster than most people type.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition helps clinicians – including physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, therapists, and other care providers – efficiently navigate and dictate medical decision-making and treatment plans directly into a patient’s electronic record.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition is 99% accurate “out of the box” and includes medical vocabularies covering nearly 60 medical specialties and subspecialties. It allows clinicians to dictate in their own words, generating “once and done” documentation, which they can then review.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition lets clinicians use a narrative format to dictate the elements of a patient encounter where clinicians need to document care in their own words, including the History of Present Illness, Review of Systems, Physical Examination, and Assessment and Plan. Dragon Medical Practice Edition supports HIPAA patient confidentiality guidelines, a critical requirement for any practice concerned with patient confidentiality. Clinicians also save additional time by using customized macros to enter frequently-dictated text with a single voice command. Additionally, the Dragon Medical Template Library—a library of more than two dozen macros for standard notes and an extensive list of “medical normals” by body system—facilitates rapid note creation.
Designed for small practices with 24 physicians or less, Dragon Medical Practice Edition helps practices:
- Improve care efficiency. Dragon Medical Practice Edition offers virtually instant response time, saving clinicians valuable minutes in their day – no more waiting for transcribed reports or needing to type into their EHRs.
- Reduce transcription and the cost of documentation. Using speech recognition technology, clinicians dictate, edit and sign medical records at the point of care, eliminating as much as $12,000 in annual transcription costs.
- Spend more time with patients. Increased accuracy means fewer errors to correct, which lets clinicians spend more time with patients, improving both quality of care and patient satisfaction.
- Improve documentation. Documentation with Dragon Medical speech recognition technology – as opposed to notes built by point-and-click EHR templates alone – results in higher rates of reimbursement.
- Secure patient information. Dragon Medical Practice Edition supports HIPAA patient confidentiality guidelines.
- Improve physician satisfaction. With Dragon Medical Practice Edition, physicians look forward to practicing medicine – and getting home in time for dinner.
- Increase reimbursement. A major study by a physician practice in the Northeast determined that using Dragon Medical with an EHR increases per-physician reimbursement by $10,000 per year per physician.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition – Benefits:
- Improves the speed and accuracy of documentation
- Accelerates physician EHR adoption
- Dramatically reduces transcription costs
- Allows physicians to spend more time with patients
- Captures the patient story in the clinician’s own words
- Supports higher level of reimbursement, lower number of denials
- Improves clinician satisfaction
- Supports HIPAA guidelines to protect patient confidentiality
Dragon Medical Practice Edition – Benefits:
- More accurate than ever. In clinical settings, Dragon Medical Practice Edition is 15% more accurate than Dragon Medical 10—and 33% more accurate than Dragon Professional 11 when used in clinical settings.
- Recognition speed. Dragon Medical Practice Edition improves recognition response time significantly.
- EHR support. Navigate and dictate inside EHR software: History of Present Illness, Review of Systems, and Assessment and Plan.
- Medical vocabularies. Covers nearly 60 specialties and subspecialties.
- Regional accent support. Accented speakers get higher “out-of-the-box” recognition with advanced adaptation techniques and accent-specific acoustic models.
- Hidden mode. Dictate anywhere in the EHR, eliminating navigation between EHR screens and the notes window.
- Dragon Medical Template Library. Includes library of macros for standard notes and “medical normals” by body system.
- Smart configuration. Automatically detects hardware resources. Its state-of-the-art technology takes advantage of advances in hardware and runs in multiple threads automatically when multi-core hardware is detected for better recognition performance
- Recognition analytics. Automatically detects poor audio input and alerts the user, offering advice to remedy the situation and improve accuracy.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition – Recommended System Requirements:
- CPU: minimum 1 GHz Intel Pentium or equivalent AMD processor. 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set required)
- Processor Cache: 2 MB
- Free hard disk space: 5 GB
- RAM: 2 GB RAM for XP and Vista, and 4 GB for Windows 7 and Server 2003/2008 64-bit
- Supported Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit; Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 and SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit; Microsoft Windows XP SP2 and SP3, 32-bit only; Windows Server 2003 and 2008, SP1, SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher