Avid Academic Institution, Academic Individual, and Student versions are for use by students, faculty, teachers, and administrators. You will be asked to verify your eligibility for the educational price after purchase. You must obtain a serial number by submitting proof of education eligibility to Avid. Read the eligibility guidelines at http://apps.avid.com/academiceligibility/
Sibelius Academic and/or Student Editions may be purchased by -
- University and college students enrolled at a higher education institution defined as an accredited public or private university or college (including community, junior, or vocational college) that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two years of fulltime study.
- Secondary school students enrolled at an accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing fulltime instruction. Elementary/Primary students do not qualify for student discounts/pricing.
- Faculty and staff - teachers and staff employed by an accredited primary or secondary school, or a public or private university or college.
Before the software can be activated, eligible customers must obtain a serial number by submitting proof of eligibility for this program to Avid (instructions for providing proof of eligibility will be included inside the software box). If the customer cannot provide proof of eligibility, they will not be able to use this product.
PLEASE NOTE: It is your responsibility to ensure that you are eligible to buy and use this software before purchasing this product. If you have questions about eligibility, please call us at 800-433-6326 before placing your order.
Sibelius 7 Professional - The Fastest, Smartest, Easiest Way to Write Music
Special Student Pricing & 4-Years of FREE Upgrades! Students can now save on Sibelius 7 with special student pricing. Students also receive 4-Years of free upgrades upon registration of their software - so students can stay up to date throughout their studies.
The latest generation of the world’s best-selling music notation software, Avid Sibelius 7 is sophisticated enough to meet the demands of top composers, arrangers, and publishers, yet simple enough for beginners and students. Work quickly with the brand-new, task-oriented user interface. Experience your scores in stunning clarity with the exclusive, professional-quality sound library. Collaborate more easily thanks to full MusicXML interchange support and other sharing options. And view beautiful, print-quality scores with advanced typography and graphics support. Designed by musicians for musicians, Sibelius 7 is the fastest, smartest, easiest way to write music. You can even take your scores on the go with the Avid Scorch app for iPad.
- Task-oriented user interface > easily progress through all the steps of creating a score
- Professional-quality, 38 GB sound library > enjoy ultra-realistic playback
- Native 64-bit support > work faster, with more virtual instruments and effects, than ever before
- Optimized for single monitor use > ideal for classrooms, laptops, and more
- Text and typography enhancements > take advantage of the latest OpenType fonts
- Graphics import and export > build complex layouts for publishing, creating teaching materials, and more
New in Sibelius 7
- Task-oriented user interface. The brand-new Sibelius 7 user interface provides task-focused tabs that lead you through the process of creating a score from start to finish. Every feature has both an icon and a text description—with full contextual help available when you need it.
- Professional sound library—only in Sibelius. You finesse every detail of your score—you want to hear every nuance during playback. Sibelius 7 includes more than 38 GB of professional content, including a specially recorded symphony orchestra, rock and pop instruments, and much more.
- Native 64-bit support—only in Sibelius. Sibelius 7 is the world’s first 64-bit notation software, enabling you to unlock the full power of your 64-bit system—and work more quickly, with more virtual instruments and effects, than ever before.
- Optimized for single monitor use—only in Sibelius. We understand that many of our customers favor laptops or other single-display systems. That’s why we designed the Sibelius 7 interface to allow you to focus on the music at all times—and easily hide information that you only need to see occasionally.
- Switch to Sibelius from Finale. There’s never been a better time to switch from Finale to Sibelius. Sibelius now features a step-time note input method that is very similar to Finale software’s Speedy Entry method—right down to using many of the same keystrokes. So if you know how to input notes in Finale, you know Sibelius too. And because today’s workflows include a wide variety of software applications, Sibelius 7 now includes full MusicXML export capability, so you can exchange files with hundreds of other applications, including Finale.
- Text and typography enhancements. Take advantage of the latest OpenType fonts, including advanced features like ligatures, and employ them in text frames with full Desktop Publishing (DTP) level capabilities. There’s no need to export projects to a separate DTP application—now you can complete many of them within Sibelius 7.
- Graphics import and export. Sibelius 7 makes it easy to import graphics in all major formats, then manipulate them to build complex layouts for publishing, creating teaching materials, instructional books, and more. You can export the full score as publication-quality graphics in PDF format, plus individual pages or smaller sections in EPS, PNG, and SVG formats.