EastWest Spaces Virtual Instrument (Download) is a 24-bit, true stereo convolution reverb plug-in that utilizes the impulse recording techniques developed over the last several years. Classic equipment from world renowned manufacturers was used to generate the impulses, including Neumann, Neve, Telefunken, TG, Manley, Sennheiser, Fairchild (to name a few) products. The impulses taken for various instruments included the way a particular instrument's real-world sound projects. A Sony DRE S777 sampling reverb and Meitner A-D converters were used for capture, while ATC monitors were positioned in the room/hall to emulate the sound disperses.
So for instance, a French horn impulse was created by firing the sweep tones from the middle to left rear of the stage, backwards and slightly towards the floor. 1st violin section impulses were taken by firing a series of speakers at an angle towards the ceiling, just like a real section. A fifth speaker with the high end reduced was fired towards the floor to emulate the body of the violins.
This technique results in a sensation of particular sound being played "in" a space, as opposed to having the reverb imposed "on" the source, with a pleasant balance of early reflections and room sound. The plug-in features a very high-resolution, true stereo engine that focuses on delivering great sound with a very low CPU load. Most impulses are in 8-channel format, allowing surround mixes to be created.
EastWest Spaces Virtual Instrument (Download) - Features:
- High-resolution, useful reverbs
- 24-bit true stereo, with true surround capability
- ATC, Neumann, Telefunken, Neve, Meitner Signal Path
- Choosing reverbs is easy with suitable recommendations supplied for every instrument and style
- Film score, rock, pop, jazz, classical, esoteric, and dreamy reverbs
- Includes concert halls (including the EWQLSO Hall), churches, cathedrals, caverns, rock studios (including EastWest Studios), soundstages, forests, a swimming hall, parking garages, water tanks, a tunnel, vintage plates and custom digital reverb preset impulses
- Low CPU usage, with cleanest signal path possible
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2.1 GHz or higher
- OS X 10.7 or higher
- For plug-in use, host software that supports AAX Native, Audio Units, or VST plug-in formats
- Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Dual Core, 2.1 GHz or higher
- Windows 7 or later
- Sound card with ASIO drivers
- For plug-in use, host software that supports AAX Native or VST plug-in formats
- 8 GB RAM (16 GB RAM or more recommended)
- 7200 RPM or faster (not energy-saving) hard drive for sample streaming (SSD recommended)
- iLok account for electronic license or iLok copy protection key (not included)
- Internet connection required for one-time product activation