No matter where you want to take your organization, get there with Microsoft Windows Server 2016—bringing the innovation behind the world's largest cloud datacenter to yours.
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard is ideal for physical or minimally virtualized environments. Standard Edition provides rights for up to two OSEs or Hyper-V containers when all physical cores in the server are licensed. For every two additional VMs, all the cores in the server have to be licensed again.
What's New with Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Added layers of security. Enhance security and reduce risk with multiple layers of built-in protection.
- New deployment options. Increase availability and reduce resource usage with the lightweight Nano Server.
- Built-in containers. Develop and manage with agility thanks to Windows Server and Hyper-V containers.
- Cost-efficient storage. Build highly available, scalable software-defined storage and reduce costs.
- Innovative networking. Software-defined networking to automate with cloud-like efficiency.
Strengthen your security—starting at the operating system
Help prevent malicious attacks and detect suspicious activity where it matters: your operating system and workloads. Rely on security features built into Microsoft Windows Server 2016 to control privileged access, protect virtual machines, and harden the platform against emerging threats.
Be more efficient with a software-defined datacenter
Bring flexibility and control to your datacenter while lowering costs with software-defined compute, storage, and networking. Run your datacenter with an automated and resilient operating system, and access many of the same cloud-efficient features found in Microsoft Azure datacenters.
Innovate faster with cloud-ready application workloads
Securely deploy and run your existing applications on Windows Server 2016 to transform them into new cloud-native models. Help developers to innovate and create on-premises and cloud applications using the latest technology—containers, microservices, and Nano Server.
How to License:
- All physical cores in the server must be licensed. Servers are licensed based on the number of processor cores in the physical server.
- A minimum of 8 core licenses is required for each physical processor.
- A minimum of 16 core licenses is required for each server.
Click here to read more about how to license Microsoft Windows Server 2016.
This is a special license product, and does not include printed boxes and manuals. License is custom-created by Microsoft for the end-user -- so the order will take approximately 5 days to process. Customer will receive delivery of licenses electronically - including instructions for downloading installation software, and volume license serial numbers. As this product is a custom license, this product is not returnable.
Customers can choose to purchase Microsoft Software Assurance on their licenses. With Microsoft's 24-Month Software Assurance, your licenses will receive all updates and upgrades on this product for a period of 24-Months from the date of issue of the license. Protect your software investment and ensure that you have access to the most current technology. At the end of the 24-Month Software Assurance plan period, you can renew Software Assurance for a further period 24-Month period. Call us at 800-433-6326 with any questions about the Microsoft Software Assurance.