IK Multimedia T-Racks Grand (Download)
Electronic Software Download (ESD). This order will be delivered electronically. Customers ordering this item will receive an email message within a 24-48 hours of placement of their order with instructions on downloading the software.
Your mixing and mastering grand collection
IK Multimedia T-RackS Grand is a comprehensive, high-quality mixing and mastering plug-in suite that provides a versatile set of sonic tools for sculpting individual tracks and full mixes. The package includes T-RackS Classic and digital modules, spot-on vintage gear emulations, and our Quad series of mastering-quality multiband processors.
Whatever kind of music you’re producing, the power, precision and variety of T-RackS Grand give you the tools you need to make your music stand out from the competition. What’s more, our new Custom Shop feature lets you purchase additional modules at your discretion, such as our Classik Studio Reverb collection, or the four most recent processors we added: Master EQ 432, based on what is considered to be the "gold standard" in mastering equalizers; Precision Compressor/Limiter, an iconic compressor based on the legendary design from a British manufacturer; Bus Compressor, a classic master bus compressor; White Channel, an emulation of the EQ and dynamics from a channel strip on a popular British console; and Tape Echo, which reproduces the sound of the most famous tape echo unit of all time.
New and notable
Five new high-quality, precision processors highlight T-RackS Grand. Four belong to our new multiband Quad Series: Quad Comp, Quad Lim, Quad Image and De-Esser. These intuitively designed units let you split the signal into a maximum of four user-adjustable frequency bands (3 for the De-Esser) that can be processed individually, giving you surgical control over your audio.
Quad Comp and Quad Lim can operate in either stereo or M/S mode, providing additional flexibility to zero in on a very narrow part of your audio. Quad Image lets you precisely adjust the stereo image, and De-Esser gives you three separate frequency bands of de-essing power, enough to tame the most vexing sibilance.
The fifth new processor is British Channel, which is a spot-on emulation of a channel strip on one of the famous mixing consoles of all time. Use it to imbue your music with the sound that’s on thousands of hit songs. You get 4-band parametric EQ, plus high- and low-pass filters, and the dynamics section includes a VCA-type compressor and an independent Expander/Gate section. British Channel brings the sound of a large-format analog console to your studio.
Vintage, modern, and more
The modules in T-RackS Grand let you process your sound in myriad ways. Want to add a vintage tube vibe? Use the Fairchild®670 compressor or the Pultec® EQP-1A tube program equalizer. Want to level out a vocal performance? Use Black 76 or White 2A, emulations of classic processors, which were recently updated to be even more accurate. Want precision processing of specific parts of the frequency spectrum? Use one of the Quad Series processors.
Future-proof your studio with Custom Shop
The Custom Shop feature is one of the most exciting aspects of the new T-RackS. It’s built into the DNA of the software, and it lets you add additional modules from our ever-growing collection, and purchase them from within the T-RackS application. It’s like having a cool store for high-end outboard gear right on your desktop – and it’s always open!
With new modules being added regularly, you’ll be able to get the new gear you want, when you want it, and keep your T-RackS collection future-proofed. What’s more, the Custom Shop’s “Try Before You Buy” feature lets you download fully functioning modules for three days to audition them.
Gorgeous tone, in a DAW or on its own
You can open T-RackS modules as single plug-ins inside your DAW, or under an integrated plug-in shell that can host up to 12 modules at a time in 8 plug-in slots, and create complex signal chains. If you’d prefer, you can run T-RackS as a standalone application. If you have IK’s ARC System 2, when you open T-RackS in standalone mode, the ARC processing will be seamlessly integrated into the signal chain.
T-RackS Grand at a Glance
- 16 total processors: 10 dynamics, 3 equalizers, channel strip, de-esser, imager
- Modules include T-RackS Classic processors, T-RackS digital processors, 4 Quad processors, and British Channel, an emulation of a classic mixing desk
- Modules can be opened under T-RackS shell or as individual plug-ins
- Custom Shop functionality lets you purchase additional modules from inside the program
- Complete built-in metering section with Peak, Perceived Loudness, Phase, and RMS meters, plus a Spectrum analyzer with Peak, RMS and Averaging indicators
- Standalone integration with ARC System 2 processing
- All processors available as individual plug-ins
- 64-bit native support
- 32-bit 192 kHz support
- High-fidelity oversampling for high-quality audio processing through the entire signal path
- SCC™ technology coupled with IK’s unique DSM™ technology provides the most realistic software emulation of vintage gear to date
- Extremely easy to use, with style-based presets, full chain visualization, one-click single module or chain bypass, “compare” function and more
What’s new in T-RackS Grand
- 32- & 64-bit AAX Compatibility. Will run in Pro Tools 11, and under AAX in Pro Tools 10
- Quad Series processors including Quad Comp, Quad Lim, Quad Image, and De-Esser
- The new British Channel, an incredibly accurate emulation of the dynamics and EQ section of a channel strip from one of the most legendary mixers of all time
- Custom Shop feature, which can be turned on from within T-RackS, lets you browse, audition, and purchase new modules from our ever-expanding collection
Mac (64 bit CPU, 32 or 64 bit Mac OS)
- Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
- Note: on 64 bit systems, the plug-in also works in 32 bit compatibility mode.
Windows (32 and 64 bit)
- Minimal: Intel® Pentium 4® 2.4 GHz or Intel® Core™ Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64,
- 1 GB of RAM, Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7 or Windows® 8.
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).