iRig MIX is the first mobile mixer for iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. iRig MIX offers the same controls you would expect from a professional DJ mixer (crossfader, cues, EQ and volume controls, etc.) in an ultra-compact mobile mixer that can be used with a huge variety of iOS DJ mixing and other apps. It is a complete DJ system for rehearsing, performing and recording. The lightweight and slim design of the iRig MIX allows it to be easily carried in a regular iPad bag. For the first time on any DJ mixer - iRig MIX can be used for mixing any type of audio source (coming from mp3 players, CD players, etc.) with an iOS device using automatic tempo matching and beat syncing. This is accomplished with X-Sync, a feature that works in combination with the DJ Rig free app from IK Multimedia that is included with iRig MIX.
A DJ Mixer
iRig MIX allows DJs to use a traditional setup with two devices (one plugged into each of the independent channels) OR a single iOS device. For the single iOS device setup, the output of the single device is split into dual-mono and sent to the individual channels. This flexibility, combined with the iRig MIX's portability gives aspiring and pro DJs a compact system that can be used everywhere…anytime. Now, you can practice when you want – perform when requested – because your "Rig" is always with you. You can set up in minutes for house, backyard, dance and "after" parties. Play in your bedroom, dorm room, or at sporting events before the big game. Planes, trains and automobiles once meant that your DJ gear was inaccessible. Now, no matter where you are or where you are going, you can mix and rehearse sets.
Not just for DJs
iRig MIX also provides the perfect mixing solution for solo musicians or small ensembles that use one or more iOS devices to play live. It features an extra guitar/microphone input that facilitates processing with popular apps like AmpliTube and VocaLive or any other apps that offer real-time audio effects and processing. Its standard RCA output connectors provide direct connection to PA systems or powered speakers.
With its slim, lightweight form factor iRig MIX is considerably smaller than traditional DJ mixers and can be carried anywhere you take your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, is easy to stow and perfect for performers on the go. The iRig MIX also has minimal power requirements allowing it to be powered not only by the included power supply but also by a suitable USB battery pack or a laptop USB port for maximum mobility to mix anywhere. And because the mixer and an iPad only take up about as much space as a laptop, you can leave it set up all the time so you’re ready to go when creative inspiration strikes.
- 2 stereo inputs with gain, bass, treble and volume controls, independent cue on each channel with LED indication and channel cross-fader
- Instrument/microphone/extra input with volume control can be processed by iOS apps (such as AmpliTube, VocaLive)
- Stereo output with RCA connectors, master level and LED meters
- High quality, pristine sound
- Quality headphone output for master or cue monitoring with independent volume control
- Input switch splits Input 1 into dual-mono for use with DJ mixing apps on a single iOS device
- “X-Sync” mode allows auto-sync with any audio source using the included DJ Rig free app
- Can be powered with the included AC adapter, battery pack and laptop USB ports
- Includes 4 free apps: DJ Rig, AmpliTube, VocaLive, GrooveMaker