Robert McNeel Penguin 2.0 - Non-Photorealistic Renderer
30-User Lab license for sale to schools. This is a full featured product with the same features as the commercial version.
School Lab License can be used to install the software on up to 30 computers in a single classroom or lab (one room). A network is not required.
School Lab License can also be installed as a 30‑user floating network license. A network and the Zoo is required (The Zoo lets you share Rhino, Flamingo, Penguin, Brazil, and Bongo licenses (CD-Keys) among users on the same network workgroup. The Zoo is free, and can be downloaded from here.
Penguin brings freehand sketching, watercolor painting, cartoon-like rendering and technical illustration to Rhino and AutoCAD. Penguin is a conceptual, sketch and cartoon, non-photometric scan line renderer. With Penguin you can create stylized images of your models with an artistic look for enhanced graphic and visual appeal.
What’s New in Penguin 2.0:
- Conceptual, non-photorealistic renderer
- Easy to use, works seamlessly inside Rhino and AutoCAD
- Fast. Quickly produces an image in the desired resolution
- Uses OpenGL rendering for fast results
- Rhino or AutoCAD based. Render changes to the model immediately. You never need to export or start over
- Renders all models (except Flamingo or AccuRender plants).
- Batch rendering through scripts
- Antialiasing with user control
- Complements your project renderings with synthetic images
- Ability to create your own rendering styles
- Support for TGA, BMP, PCX, PNG and JPEG file formats
- Supports background bitmaps
- Rhino: Penguin 2.0 works with Rhino 4.0 and has the same hardware requirements as Rhino.
- AutoCAD: No special hardware is needed beyond what is required for AutoCAD. Penguin 2.0 works with 3D models of AutoCAD 2004 to 2008, including AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD Mechanical.