Robert McNeel Rhino 5 Classroom Lab Pack
Classroom Lab Pack is a 30-user license to use Rhino 5 on the computers in a single classroom or lab (one room). A network is not required.
License can also be installed as a 30‑user floating network license. A network and the Zoo is required.
The world's most versatile 3-D modeler now handles bigger projects, faster, with more than 2,000 enhancements. Rhino 5.0 is the market leader in industrial design modeling software. Highly complicated shapes can be directly modeled or acquired through 3D digitizers. With its powerful NURBS based engine Rhino 5.0 can create, edit, analyze, and translate curves, surfaces, and solids. There are no limits on complexity, degree, or size.
McNeel Rhino 5.0 also supports polygon meshes and point clouds for a complete coverage of geometric data types. With its unparalleled modeling power McNeel Rhino 5.0 lets you focus on designing, not on cumbersome modeling workarounds.
Object creation in Rhino continues to be enhanced. Rhino 5 adds dozens of refinements to existing tools, some new commands, and the new lightweight extrusion objects.
Editing complex models is faster and easier with hundreds of new and enhanced commands including:
- Direct sub‑object manipulation
- Thin‑wall shelling
- History support for more commands
- Dozens of new and enhanced commands
The Rhino 5 interface includes new tools for editing and object creation, including:
- Gumball object manipulation widget
- Object selection enhancements
- Object snap enhancements
- Toolbars with tabs
- Tabbed docking panels
- and much more...
The Rhino 5 goals included
- Speed improvements
- Quick viewport display configuration
- Working display modes expanded and enhanced
- Presentation and rendered display modes expanded and enhanced
- Display mode plug‑in support enhanced
- Plus many other improvements, including draw order support, two‑point perspective, and enhanced clipping planes.
High‑quality presentation is critical to most design projects. Rhino 5 has enhanced the rendering tools in both the basic Rhino renderer and in support of plug‑in renderers. Including major enhancements to:
- Rhino Renderer
- Materials, textures, and environments
- Views (cameras)
- Mesh modifiers
- Post-rendering effects
Every type of physical product design relies on technical illustration and 2‑D drawing to concisely communicate ideas, specifications, and instructions to people in design, development, and fabrication. Our goal for Rhino 5 is to make it easier to create 2‑D drawings and illustrations for every discipline in every notation system and visual style used around the world. Major areas of enhancement include:
- More control over annotation styles
- History support for dimensions
- Data fields in text and leaders
- Area and curve length dimensions
- Revision clouds
- Isometric views
- Draw order
- More page layout controls
- Print calibration
- High-resolution viewport capture
Digital Fabrication and 3‑D Printing
As you may know, the Rhino development project started nearly 20 years ago to provide marine designers with tools for building computer models that could be used to drive the digitally controlled fabrication equipment used in shipyards.
We continue to focus on the fact that designs are only useful once they are built and in the hands of consumers. With the cost of digital fabrication and 3‑D printing technology dropping quickly, more and more designers now have direct access to 3‑D digital fabrication equipment.
While we are not experts on all the many fabrication, manufacturing, or construction processes, we do focus on making sure that Rhino models can be accurate enough for and accessible to all the processes involved in a design becoming a reality.
Robust mesh import, export, creation, and editing tools are critical to all phases of design, including:
- Transferring captured 3‑D data from digitizing and scanning into Rhino as mesh models.
- Exchanging mesh data with many applications such as SketchUp and Modo.
- Exporting meshes for analysis and rendering.
- Converting NURBS to meshes for display and rendering.
- Exporting meshes for prototyping and fabrication.
Both new and enhanced mesh tools, plus support for double-precision meshes, accurately represent and display ground forms such as the 3‑D topography of a large city.
Capturing existing 3‑D data is often one of the first steps in a design project. Rhino has always directly supported both 3‑D digitizing hardware and 3‑D scanned point cloud data. Rhino V5 has enhanced support for:
- Large point clouds. 3‑D scanners have become faster and cheaper, making huge scan files more common. Rhino's 64‑bit support and enhanced support for graphic co‑processors has made it possible to work with these large point clouds.
- LIDAR captures 3‑D terrain data for agriculture, archaeology, conservation, geology, land use planning, surveying, transportation, plus wind farm, solar farm, and cell tower deployment optimization. Rhino 5 added robust support for plug‑ins, such as RhinoTerrain, that provide specialty tools for these new Rhino users.
Design realization requires high‑quality 3‑D models in every phase of design, presentation, analysis, and fabrication. Rhino 5 includes new tools and enhancements to help ensure that the 3‑D models used throughout your process are the highest possible quality.
More than 25 new commands and major enhancements for working with large teams organize, manage, and administer massive projects and huge files, including:
- 64‑bit Rhino allows working with huge files without running out of memory.
- New lightweight extrusion objects save significant memory and improve display speed.
- Double-precision meshes accurately represent and display ground forms such as the 3‑D topography of a large city.
- Display speed is improved by taking advantage of faster graphic cards.
- Major enhancement to Layer, Block, and Worksession management.
- System Requirements
- CPU: Intel Pentium IV+
- Disk space: 600 MB disk space
- Memory (RAM): 1 GB, 8+ GB recommended
- Operating System(s): Windows XP (32-bit only) Service Pack 3; Windows VISTA; Windows 7; Windows 8