Roland Duo-Capture EX USB Audio Interface- Pro I/O for PC, Mac, and iPad
Housed in a compact, road-tough metal case, the new DUO-CAPTURE EX is perfect for both home recording and mobile production. The rugged USB audio interface is outfitted with a pair of VS Preamps, which feature the same professional components used in Roland’s high-end digital mixers. Two combo XLR/TRS inputs are provided, including a Hi-Z input for connecting a guitar or bass directly. The three-way power supply offers the ultimate in operational convenience, allowing you to power the unit from the computer’s USB bus, batteries, or an optional AC adapter. This product is also bundled with SONAR LE music-production software for Windows. Powerful and flexible, the DUO-CAPTURE EX is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and iOS.
Roland Duo-Capture EX USB Audio Interface Features:
DUO-CAPTURE EX boasts two premium-grade, digitally controlled mic preamps (VS Preamps) made from the same high-grade components as the preamps found in Roland’s V-STUDIO 700 and M-400 digital mixer. Two XLR/TRS combo inputs are provided for the preamps, plus independent phantom power for each channel.
Low-Noise Power Supply:
One of the DUO-CAPTURE EX’s key “behind-the-scenes” features is its low-noise, wide-ranging power supply. Designed to deliver a clean, balanced input and output, it provides a reliable foundation for any professional audio application or environment. When powered by the computer’s USB bus, the DUO-CAPTURE EX internally regenerates the incoming power, ensuring the ideal voltage for optimal sound quality and efficiency in mobile environments.
For Home Recording:
The DUO-CAPTURE EX is equipped with two XLR/TRS inputs (with phantom-power support for condenser microphones), plus a Hi-Z input switch for direct connection of an electric guitar or bass. The DUO-CAPTURE EX is compatible with all major computer platforms, including WDM/ASIO (Windows), Core Audio (Mac), and even iOS for the iPad.
For Mobile Musicians:
Perfect for traveling musicians, the DUO-CAPTURE EX is compact and solidly housed in an aluminum case. It easily fits in a backpack, and weighs just one pound (440 grams). For the ultimate in mobile convenience, the DUO-CAPTURE EX can be powered via your computer’s USB bus, three AA batteries, or an AC adapter (sold separately). Its premium preamps and low-noise design enable pro-quality results anywhere you record, indoors or out.
Turn your iPad into a professional recording device by connecting it to the DUO-CAPTURE EX*. Record vocals, guitar, keyboard, or other instruments with superb quality through the DUO-CAPTURE EX into the iPad using your favorite iOS apps. Additionally, the DUO-CAPTURE EX can function as a USB-MIDI interface to control iOS apps with electronic instruments such as MIDI keyboards, V-Drums, etc.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 or later, Windows Vista SP2 or later, Windows XP Home, WindowsR XP Professional SP3 or later.
- A computer with a USB connector
- A processor that is 1 GHz or faster
- 1 GB of memory or more
- Macintosh computers running Microsoft Windows are not supported.
- Operating System: Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later.
- You will need an Intel Processor and at least 1 GB of memory.
- Apple Macintosh series computer with on-board USB Macintosh computers running Microsoft Windows are not supported.
SONAR X1 LE System Requirements:
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, or Windows 7
- Processor: Intel P4 1.3 GHz or Core Solo 1.5 GHz
- RAM: 1 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 3 GB
- Video Resolution: 1024 x 768, 16-bit
- Audio Hardware: Audio interface (WDM, ASIO).
- If you're using Windows Vista, we recommend that you use an external audio interface.
- Does not support Windows 95, 98, NT, ME, 2000, or XP Media Center Edition.
- Internet connection is required for registration.