Steinberg Cubase 8 Pro
New Features for Better Production and Creative Inspiration
Steinberg Cubase Pro 8 DAW software has the tools that inspire the engineer and the artist in everyone. Whether it's mixing a session or writing your next song, you need a DAW that is a powerful extension of your creativity. If you're a beginner or a professional, you'll find the improved workflow in Cubase Pro 8 to be more intuitive than ever before. Thousands of customers have made Cubase the heart of their creative and recording processes, and they know that with Cubase Pro 8 as your DAW that taking your music to the next level is easy.
Cubase Pro 8 gives you powerful workflow management tools
The new workspace organizer lets you customize and work inside the Cubase Pro 8 workspace more efficiently than ever by simply using standard Windows OS commands to control what windows you'll see. A brand new plug-in manager helps you easily arrange and access your plug-ins. The redesigned Track List and Inspector are more readable, making it easier to locate your tracks by further reducing disorder in your workspace. Instant access to your Instrument Rack and MediaBay via a right hand dock keeps your window count low and your workflow from being bogged down with mouse clicks. Direct routing gives you one-click convenience for setting up multi-channel, bus, or stem routing. Render in-place functionality makes bouncing MIDI and audio parts, including track FX and event boundaries, quick and easy. Waves Meters let you keep an eye on your waveforms in the MixConsole, no more flipping back and forth to get it just right. New VCA faders let you control automation and mix groups of channels with single-fader convenience. Activate virgin territories mode to get greater control over your automation processes. And that's just the beginning - Cubase's powerful toolset is up for practically any audio task.
The sound-shaping versatility you want and the power you need
Cubase Pro 8 puts even more editing and effects flexibility and control into your hands. The new channel strip EQ gives you even more flexibility and tone-shaping control. The DeEsser with side-chain and preview capabilities powerful sound-shaping with convenient access right from the channel strip module. A brand new multiband compressor features dedicated side-chaining with the ability to set trigger frequencies in each of four frequency bands individually. The Multiband Expander has been updated with a no-latency mode, making it easier to control your track's dynamic range and get rid of unwanted noise in four different frequency bands, even during live performance. An updated classic, Quadrafuzz v2 distortion has been updated to give you more control over the harmonic distortion in four individual bands. Not just for guitars, the Quadrafuzz v2 sound is versatile enough to use on anything. With a grand collection of amps, cabs, effects pedals, and options in mic choice and placement, VST Bass Amp gives you the versatility you need to dial in great bass tones. A flexible and effective multiband envelope shaper makes Cubase Pro 8 the all-in-one DAW for creating your own sounds, fine-tuning your mix, and mastering your projects.
Comprehensive and versatile tools and plug-ins for songwriting
Every song starts with tuning, so Steinberg updated the tuner plug-in to include a variable base frequency and better usability with a new strobe mode and more readable display. Groove Agent SE 4 Acoustic Agent has great acoustic drum sounds, 20 patterns from different musical styles, and a built-in mixer for getting the foundation you want. And thanks to full integration with Cubase Pro 8, Groove Agent auto-maps your tracks into the Drum Editor to give you even more drum track tweakability. MIDI tempo detection gives you the freedom to jam along to your grooves and record it directly to a MIDI track without metronome constraints, then automatically detects errors in your timing and syncs the track back up with the rest of your song. Inspiration lacking? The Allen Morgan Pop-Rock Toolbox plug-in gives you 30 different construction kits to help dig you out of your musical rut. The new chord pads are an easy way to inspire your creativity with on-the-fly control of chords and their parameters. And for the sake of playability, the chord pads are MIDI controlled - just add your favorite controller keyboard for easy composing and jamming. Build your song visually from a single chord using the helpful new Circle of 5ths view and Proximity Chord Assistant. Cubase Pro 8 doesn't just record your sounds, it gives you a technical and artistic toolbox that keeps you inspired and creating!
Latency prioritization with ASIO-Guard 2
ASIO-Guard 2 keeps your creation process hassle-free by taking the worry of latency issues out of your sessions. New track latency prioritization mean your recording and monitoring are perfect, even on larger projects that are demanding of your system's processing power. Extended buffering and support for disk-streamed sources bring even more efficiency and performance to your recording and composition activities.
Fully integrated collaboration tools with VST Connect SE 3
Based on feedback from people who use Cubase every day, VST Connect SE 3 has been fully integrated into the Cubase program, alleviating any connection and setup dramas. With easy key transfer through email and social media available, it's now quicker and easier to collaborate with your fellow musicians, engineers, and composers from around the globe. And to keep your sessions running smoothly, a new Eco mode allows you to turn off the video stream while you're recording, leaving all of your system's processing power focused on the music.
Steinberg Cubase Pro 8 DAW - Features:
- 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine records at sample rates up to 192kHz
- Professional tools such as 5.1 surround capabilities, flexible routing, and full automatic delay compensation
- Unlimited track-count no matter what you're recording - audio, instrument, or MIDI
- MixConsole integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules for sound and workflow
- Make music with 8 stellar virtual instruments with over 3000 sounds
- 73 high-end audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors for professional project editing
- New VCA faders clean up your workflow with single-fader control of complex group mixing and automation
- VariAudio gives you MIDI-like editing control of audio tracks, audio to MIDI functions, and vocal auto-tuning
- Chord track and chord pads make composing easy and flexible
- Integrated professional music notation and score printing
- Included audio and MIDI VST effects processors:
- Quadrafuzz v2 distortion, VST Amp Rack and VST Bass Amp for great guitar and bass tones, REVerence convolution reverb, Voxengo CurveEQ, and many more
- Included instruments:
- HALion Sonic SE 2, Padshop granular synth, Retrologue virtual analog synth, LoopMash 2, Groove Agent SE 4 drum machine, and others for over 3000 sounds
- Mac OS X Version 10.9/10.10 (Native 32-bit and 64-bit Cubase version included)
- Windows 7 (/Win Aero mode needs to be activated in Windows 7)
- Windows 8.x (Native 32-bit and 64-bit Cubase version included)
- Intel Core or AMD dual core CPU
- 8 GB RAM (minimum: 4 GB)
- 15 GB free HD space
- 1920 x 1080 display resolution (minimum: 1366 x 768)
- Graphics card with DirectX 10 and WDDM 1.1 support (Windows only)
- USB port for USB-eLicenser (license management)
- OS compatible audio hardware (ASIO compatible audio hardware recommended for low-latency performance)
- DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
- Internet connection required for activation, account setup and personal / product registration. Additional downloads may be required for the installation.