Steinberg Cubase Artist 8.5 DAW software balances creative inspiration and technical prowess. Whether you're recording audio or sequencing virtual instruments, Cubase Artist 8.5's workflow makes it easier to maintain your creative edge while building your project. Updated Key and Drum editors allow for faster, more intuitive MIDI editing. Build songs from a single chord, and improvise on the fly with updated Chord Pads. You can even collaborate with musicians around the world with VST Transit cloud collaboration. Steinberg Cubase Artist 8.5 makes one of the world's most-used DAWs even better.
What's been updated in Cubase Artist 8.5
With Cubase Artist 8.5, Steinberg aims to make advanced music creation easier than ever. Many Cubase fans rate the MixConsole as one of their most-used tools, and its dynamic hover mode has been improved to make it even better. Both the Key and Drum editors have been updated to make it faster and simpler to create and edit MIDI data. Cubase 8.5 also provides more ways for you to set up sessions and share data between them: the Profile Manager allows you to store and recall program settings and preferences, and you can pull tracks from existing projects with just a few clicks. Version 8.5 also adds the Retrologue 2 synthesizer plug-in, as well as the zPlane Elastique v3 time-stretch/pitch-shift tool.
Cloud collaboration with VST Transit
Aiming to help musicians create together, Steinberg Cubase Artist 8.5 includes access to the VST Transit cloud collaboration service. Upload your project to cloud storage, and it can be downloaded anywhere in the world. Built-in messaging makes it easier for musicians to communicate about the project. Out of the box, VST Transit gives you 500MB of free storage space on secure Amazon AWS servers and 1GB of free traffic per month, with more available with a VST Transit Premium account.
Retrologue 2 - a formidable synth just became more powerful
Many electronic musicians using Cubase have made Retrologue one of their go-to software synthesizers, and Retrologue 2 is even better. A third oscillator has been added for fatter, more complex sounds. Polyphonic LFOs and an additional envelope give you more creative modulation options. Factor in five new effects, and you'll see that Retrologue 2 packs incredible sound design potential. Over 400 new presets are included to show you what Retrologue 2 can do.
Import tracks from existing projects
Once you've got a track dialed in just the way you want, Cubase Artist 8.5 makes it easy to import that track into a different project. Import all of that track's settings and content either as new tracks or to replace existing tracks. Cubase Artist 8.5 will create new TrackVersions automatically, so you can quickly revert the track to its previous state if you wish. Track importing makes it simple to borrow elements from existing projects and can save you a lot of time in both production and mixdown.
Create chord structures with enhanced Chord Pads
Chord Pads is another songwriter-favorite feature in Cubase Artist, allowing you to create chord structures and patterns quickly and easily. In version 8.5, a new Sections play mode gives you much more control over how arpeggiation is processed. MIDI input/output routing has been improved, you'll have better control over overlapping chords during playback, and you can even create your own custom chord names for easier visual identification.
Steinberg Cubase Artist 8.5 DAW - Key Features:
- 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine records at sample rates up to 192kHz
- Supports up to 128 MIDI and 64 audio tracks simultaneously
- MixConsole integrated EQ/dynamics channel strip modules for sound and workflow
- Make music with 8 stellar virtual instruments with over 2,600 sounds
- 53 high-end audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors for professional project editing
- VariAudio gives you MIDI-like editing control of audio tracks, audio to MIDI functions, and vocal auto-tuning
- Chord track and chord pads make composing easy and flexible
- Integrated professional music notation and score printing
- Included audio and MIDI VST effects processors:
- Quadrafuzz v2 distortion, VST Amp Rack, and VST Bass Amp for great guitar and bass tones, REVerence convolution reverb, Voxengo CurveEQ, and many more
- HALion Sonic SE 2
- Padshop granular synth
- Retrologue 2 virtual analog synth
- LoopMash 2
- Groove Agent SE 4 drum machine
- and others for over 2,600 sounds
- Mac OS X Version 10.10/10.11, Windows 7/ 8.x/ 10
- Intel Core or AMD dual core CPU
- 8 GB RAM (minimum: 4 GB)
- 15 GB free HD space
- 1920 x 1080 display resolution (minimum: 1366 x 768)
- Graphics card with DirectX 10 and WDDM 1.1 support (Windows only)
- USB port for USB-eLicenser (license management)
- OS compatible audio hardware
- DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
- Internet connection required for activation, account setup and personal / product registration. Additional downloads may be required for the installation.