Academic Edition for sale to students, teachers, schools, churches and non-profit organizations.
Steinberg Wavelab Pro 9 - Comprehensive Mastering Solution for Music and Broadcast
For music production and broadcast audio alike, Steinberg's WaveLab Pro 9 is a powerful and complete mastering solution. With a range of powerful plug-ins, and support for mid-side processing and editing, you've got precision control over the frequency balance, dynamic range and stereo imaging of your audio. You'll also be able to use any of your favorite 3rd-party plug-ins for mid-side processing, even if those plug-ins don't natively support M/S. And with a refined user interface, integration with Steinberg's Cubase and Nuendo, and the MasterRig mastering processing suite, Steinberg WaveLab Pro 9 is simply an outstanding solution for mastering audio.
New WaveLab v9 better than ever
From EQs and compressors to stereo width and harmonic saturation, every process in WaveLab Pro 9 can be applied to the middle and sides of your stereo image separately. Also notable is the Direct Exchange feature for integration with Steinberg's Cubase and Nuendo DAW platforms, allowing you to juggle the mix sessions and mastering sessions with a minimum of fuss. The new File Group system and Project Manager make it easier to organize and navigate complex projects with lots of files. And numerous workflow and interface improvements provide an overall smoother and more enjoyable experience.
Steinberg's WaveLab mastering software is an all-in-one audio tool
WaveLab is an all-in-one solution for high-resolution stereo and multi-channel audio editing, mastering, and CD/DVD burning. And it's not just a top-level mastering tool. It also gives you amazing creative options for multimedia, sound design with samplers, radio broadcasts, and computer-telephony applications. And this version is the best yet, with an arsenal of mastering-grade plug-ins, a single-window user interface, and a refined workflow that allows you to tackle complex projects efficiently.
MasterRig processing suite provides a surgical audio toolkit
On top of the ample plug-in collection WaveLab already offered, Steinberg WaveLab Pro 9 introduces the MasterRig processing suite. This mastering chain is comprised of six plug-ins, with plenty of controls for precise sound shaping. The Compressor, Limiter, Saturator, and Imager all support multiband processing, and all plug-ins including the Dynamic EQ and Equalizer support mid-side processing.
Advanced EBU-compliant loudness metering for broadcast media
Whether you're working on music for media, radio billboards, or any other broadcast audio, WaveLab Pro 9 features advanced loudness metering that ensures compliance with EBU regulations. For an even easier visualization of your amplitude, you can also enter into a zoomable loudness view to visualize all values as a graph. In fact, Seinberg's normalizer tools have been modified to meet the requirements of EBU standards. All of this will help you make your media broadcast-ready.
Speaker management system to switch between multiple monitors
During the mastering process, it is always important to monitor your pre-master 2-mix on various loudspeaker setups to ensure constant quality. Steinberg wanted to make that process easy so that you don't have to purchase a separate switcher for your studio monitors. WaveLab Pro 9 provides you with an integrated speaker management system so that you can A/B your monitors right from the transport. This system allows you to switch between eight different loudspeaker configurations, each with its own individual volume control.
Steinberg Wavelab Pro 9 – Key Features:
- An all-in-one mastering tool for music production and broadcast audio
- Speaker management system to switch between multiple monitors
- Advanced EBU-compliant loudness metering for broadcast media
- Supports mid-side processing and editing, even with 3rd-party plug-ins
- MasterRig processing suite includes 6 powerful plug-ins for mastering
- Direct Exchange provides seamless integration of WaveLab with Cubase and Nuendo
- Sonnox DeNoiser, DeClicker and DeBuzzer for powerful restoration capabilities
- Easily organize complex projects and file sets with the File Group system and Project Manager
- Single-window plug-in management to keep your digital workspace simple
- Advanced batch processing capabilities for efficient processing of multiple files
- Extended audio montage environment that supports files of varying sample rates
- Watch Folders let you designate a folder in your OS for automated, drag-and-drop processing
- Multi-format rendering lets you render your projects to multiple file formats at once
- Prepare compressed media for iTunes and iOS devices with the integrated AAC encoder
- Encoder Checker lets you A/B codec quality and settings so you can compare various formats side by side
- Mac OS X version 10.10/10.11
- Windows 7/ 8.x/ 10
- Intel or AMD dual core CPU
- 4 GB RAM
- 4 GB free HD space
- 1024 x 768 display resolution
- USB port for USB-eLicenser (license management)
- OS compatible audio hardware
- DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
- Internet connection required for activation, account setup and personal / product registration.
- Additional downloads may be required for the installation.