Summit Audio Everest Flagship Channel Strip (ECS410)
The Summit Audio ECS-410 Everest Channel Strip is a distinctly different, four section analog processor and microphone preamp, ideal for tracking, recording, and processing your most important signals. Each section is completely independent with its own fully balanced IO with the ability to route each section together internally with TouchPatch, a unique and amazingly intuitive routing section. Four complete products, amalgamated into one master channel strip.
Summit Audio's design philosophy with the ECS-410 Everest is a no-compromise, high-value approach to every step of the design and manufacturing process. From the choice of thru-hole parts for high reliability and easy repairs to using gold plated circuit boards, Summit Audio has crafted the ECS-410 Everest for a lifetime of use.
The modular design of the ECS-410 Everest makes service and updating extremely simple, as well as giving great separation for each section, with direct power, audio, and ground connections. Each card has double, redundant contacts to the main board and we use actual wire, not failure-prone ribbon cables. All contacts from the cards to the front panel controls use three finger contacts, the most reliable and solid connections available. The inputs and outputs are all fully balanced and use high end connectors in all cases. The steel chassis is very strong and offers excellent shielding with a highly durable coating for a lifetime of use with a minimum of evidence of wear. And most importantly, each section is laid out by hand, so trace routing is the result of experience and testing, not the accidental routing coming from a computer generated 'auto-route' feature. Attention to details like this truly make the ECS-410 Everest stand above.
From crystal clear to tube overdrive, ECS-410 Everest is the summit of flexibility, precision, tone, and taste.
Summit Audio Everest Flagship Channel Strip Features:
- Mic/Instrument Tube/SS Preamp
- Passive EQ
- Dual Mode Dynamics
- Tube/SS Overdriveable Master DriveBus
- TouchPatch Single Touch Routing
- Each section has individual I/O or route together with TouchPatch
- Completely variable sound from open and pristine to total overdrive
Summit Audio Everest Flagship Channel Strip Specs:
- Preamp Type: Hybrid
- Number of Channels: 1
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-200kHz (+/- 3dB)
- Phantom Power: Yes
- EQ: Yes
- Compressor: Yes
- Other Processing: No Other Processing
- Analog Inputs: Preamp: 1 x XLR (Mic), 1 x 1/4" (Line), 1 x 1/4" (Hi-Z); Dynamics: 1 x XLR; EQ: 1 x XLR
- Analog Outputs: Preamp: 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4"; Dynamics: 1 x XLR; EQ: 1 x XLR
- Digital Inputs: No Digital Inputs
- Digital Outputs: No Digital Outputs
- Other I/O: 2 x 1/4" (Dynamics Side Chain, Stere Link)
- Computer Connectivity: No Computer Connectivity
- Rackmount Spaces: 2U
- Height: 3.5"
- Depth: 17"
- Width: 19"
- Weight: 26 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: ECS-410