Summit Audio Microphone Preamp and Compressor (MPC100A)
The single channel Summit Audio MPC-100A tube preamplifier and compressor/limiter accepts line, microphone, and Hi-Z input signals. Using both tubes and solid state technology in synch with the Jensen mic transformer, the MPC-100A lends a detailed sound with harmonically complex overtones. The ultra-fast compressor is ideal for optimizing signals prior to entering the digital domain.
Other details include impedance matching (loading) control on the Hi-Z input so passive guitars and bass pickups have a whole new level of tone control, true VU metering, and multiple outputs. And with the Summit Audio MPC-100A tube preamp's 3 separate gain controls, you have endless tonal variations from clean to saturated for whatever sound you need.
Summit Audio Microphone Preamp and Compressor Features:
- "Clean" to "Saturated" valve sounds
- Soft Clipping LED indicators
- HI-Z instrument input with impedance matching control
- Two stages of vacuum tube gain controls
- 3 Position attack and release controls
- High quality VU meter for output and gain reduction metering
- Continuously variable output level control
- +4 dB balanced and -10 dB unbalanced output
- Stereo linkable with a second MPC-100A
Summit Audio Microphone Preamp and Specs:
- Preamp Type: Tube
- Number of Channels: 1
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Phantom Power: Yes
- EQ: No
- Compressor Threshold: -30dB to 25dB
- Compressor Ratio: No Ratio Control
- Analog Inputs: 1 x XLR (Mic), 1 x XLR (Line), 1 x 1/4" (Hi-Z)
- Analog Outputs: 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4"
- Digital Inputs: No Digital Inputs
- Digital Outputs: No Digital Outputs
- Other I/O: 1 x 1/4" (Side Chain Insert), 1 x 1/4" (Link)
- Rack mount Spaces: 2U
- Height: 3.5"
- Depth: 10"
- Width: 19"
- Weight: 17 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: MPC-100A