Yamaha P255WH 88-Key Digital Piano (White)
The white P-255WH from Yamaha is an 88-key digital piano that features the company's Pure CF Sound Engine (same engine as found on the Clavinova pianos) and a GH (Graded Hammer) keyboard that together deliver a genuine piano playing experience. Source samples were taken from Yamaha's concert grand pianos resulting in an authentic grand piano sound with dynamic bass, warm mid-range and clear highs. The instrument is housed in a slim and elegant cabinet.
The piano sound reproduction features three enhancements that further support the authenticity. Key-off sampling reproduces the slight change in sound at the instant when fingers are removed from the keys with different key-off sounds produced for staccato and sostenuto playing. Sustain sampling recreates the resonance of the soundboard and strings when the damper pedal is used and is further dependent on how much the pedal is pressed down. Finally, string resonance reproduces the sound of other strings resonating when a particular note is struck.
A regular grand piano uses different-sized hammers for the different-sized strings with subsequent differing weights. The GH keyboard utilizes technology to reproduce the true "feel" of a grand piano keyboard action, with heavier touch in the lower keys, lighter touch in the higher keys, and subtle gradations of weight and response throughout. Dual amplifiers drive two built-in high-performance speakers. Ideas and performances can be shared or stored utilizing an optional USB flash drive via the rear panel USB connector. And dual headphone outputs allow for quiet student/teacher lessons or for playing duets.
Yamaha P255WH Features:
- 88-key digital piano
- GH (Graded Hammer) keyboard mimics the different-sized hammers for the different-sized strings of a real piano
- White keys feature synthetic ivory keytops with good moisture absorption properties, meaning that fingers won't slip even when playing for extended periods of time
- 256-note polyphony
- Pure CF Sound Engine features the recorded sounds of Yamaha concert grand pianos
- Key-off sampling reproduces the slight change in sound at the instant fingers are removed from the keys with different key-off sounds produced for staccato and sostenuto playing
- Sustain Sampling captures the resonance of the soundboard and strings when the damper pedal is operated and depending on how much the pedal is pressed down
- String Resonance captures the effect that is generated when the hammer of a grand piano strikes its string and the other strings sympathetically resonate
- Twenty-four presets