The Yamaha THR10X 10-Watt High Gain Combo Modeling Combo Amp with Effects is a desktop modeling guitar amp that simulates 5 different channels from 3 high gain amplifier types and offers a host of on-board effects. In contrast to normal stage amplifiers, the THR10X is intended for off-stage uses such as recording and practicing. Equipped with a USB port, the amp is capable of being used in conjunction with your computer for advanced editing of guitar sounds, recording and playback using the included software package.
The Yamaha THR10X 10-Watt High Gain Combo Modeling Combo Amp with Effects is equipped with a 1/4" guitar input as well as an 1/8" aux input that can be used for connecting your mp3 player for jamming along to backing tracks. The two full range 3" speakers are designed to accurately reproduce stereo playback from the 1/8" input as well as the sound of your guitar without the need of any additional speakers or amplification.
Engineered to give you a variety of tonal options, the THR10X includes high gain guitar amp simulations intended for harder edged rock styles such as classic rock or heavy metal. You can make fine adjustments to each of the sounds by tweaking the bass, mid and treble tone knobs. There are also three additional modes that include a clean guitar setting, a bass optimized setting and a flat response setting for clean input of non-guitar line sources.
The THR10X offers a selection of effects that make use of Yamaha's Virtual Circuitry Modeling (VCM) technology, which is designed to emulate yesterday's vintage analog gear within today's digital production environment. The effects include compression, phaser, chorus, flanger, tremolo, delay, reverb and noise gate.
The Yamaha THR10X 10-Watt High Gain Combo Modeling Combo Amp with Effects can be connected to your computer via USB for a variety of advanced functions. For in depth editing of the amplifier's tonal characteristics and unlocking additional effects and parameters, the downloadable THR Editor can be used. In addition, you can record and edit your guitar playing using the included Cubase AI music production software.
Yamaha THR10X 10-Watt High Gain Combo Modeling Combo Amp with Effects – Key Features:
- User memory function lets you save up to five amp settings for quick recall
- Weighs 6 pounds for portability
- Slow down and mute the guitar parts of your favorite songs so you can play along with them using the free THR Sessions iPhone app
- Stereo playback from your smartphone or other device through 1/8" AUX jack or direct from your computer via the USB connection
- Virtual Tube Illumination simulates orange tube glow from the metal speaker grille
- Tap tempo for synching your delay feedback to the rhythm of the song
- Built-in chromatic tuner for easy tuning without the need of a separate tuner