K-12 School Site License - Available to primary and secondary schools only (not for individual teachers or students). The Ableton Live 10 Intro K-12 School Site License will authorize all school-owned computers at a single school site.
Ableton Live 10 Intro lets you take the first steps into intuitive music production and creation. Powerful time-stretching, arranging and sequencing capabilities let you quickly create and capture musical ideas, turn them into finished productions, and take them to the stage.
Ableton Live 10 Intro is fast, fluid and flexible software for music creation and performance. It comes with effects, instruments, sounds and all kinds of creative features—everything you need to make any kind of music.
Create in a traditional linear arrangement, or improvise without the constraints of a timeline in Live’s Session View. Move freely between musical elements and play with ideas, without stopping the music and without breaking your flow.
Ableton Live 10 Intro – Key Features:
- Ableton Live 10 Intro supports up to 16 tracks and 8 scenes, 2 send and return tracks, 4 mono audio input channels, and 4 mono audio output channels.
- Ableton Live 10 Intro includes over 1500 sounds (appx 5GB) including Chop and Swing, and Loopmasters Mixtape
- Ableton Live 10 Intro includes 4 Instruments: Drum Rack, Impulse, Instrument Rack and Simpler.
- Ableton Live 10 Intro includes 21 Effects: Audio Effect Rack, Auto Filter, Auto Pan, Beat Repeat, Chorus, Compressor, EQ Three, Erosion, Flanger, Gate, Grain Delay, Limiter, Looper, Phaser, Ping Pong Delay, Redux, Reverb, Saturator, Simple Delay, Tuner, and Utility
- Ableton Live 10 Intro includes 8 MIDI Effects: Arpeggiator, Chord, MIDI Effect Rack, Note Length, Pitch, Random, Scale, and Velocity
Create with Live
Music starts with an idea. Maybe it’s a melody you’re playing, a vocal you want to record, a drum break you want to chop, or a sound on a synth. No matter how you like to begin, Live helps you get the music in your head out of your speakers.
- Sketch, tweak and experiment. In Live’s Session View you can freely mix and match musical ideas without the constraints of a timeline. Getting ideas down is lightning fast, and it's the ideal place for improvisation. You can play MIDI and audio loops of different lengths in any combination, without ever stopping the music.
- Get into the details. The Arrangement View is where you can organize music along a timeline. Put musical parts in place and build sections of your song. Get into the details without losing sight of your musical goals—whether you’re developing an initial idea or arranging a full track. Or you can record everything you do in the Session View into the Arrangement to improvise your way to a finished song.
- Get your ideas into Live. Whatever shape inspiration takes, Live gives you the means to seize it. Record hardware synths, software plugins, drum machines, guitars or any audio from the real world. You can now Capture MIDI notes after you’ve played them, turning your most spontaneous ideas (and accidents) into music. And there’s Live’s audio-to-MIDI features, which let you turn drum breaks, and melody or harmony parts into MIDI patterns that you can edit and reuse with your own sounds.
- Use any sounds, at any tempo. One of the things that makes creating with Live so fluid is the ability to change the tempo and timing of any audio, in real-time, without stopping the music. We call this warping. Use warping to mix and match loops from a variety of tempos, fix timing errors in recorded performances, or radically reshape any audio into new sound design directions.
- Build your sound with Live’s instruments. Live’s native devices are the foundation of sound design in Live, including wavetable, FM and physical modeling synthesis. Flexible synthesis architectures with intuitive interfaces make deep programming more accessible. And you get more out of your samples with Live’s pair of sampling instruments, thanks to built-in slicing and warping capabilities, multisampled playback and much more.
- Effects for shaping ideas, designing sounds and finishing music. Live comes with the devices you need for sparking ideas and shaping your sound. Use Live’s MIDI effects for creative manipulation of your compositions. Or use Live’s audio effects to get the sound you’re looking for: clean up your mix with precision tools, or make a creative mess with analog-modeled noise, distortion and saturation.
- Sound selections. The sounds for making any kind of music are part of Live. The Core Library—included with all editions of Live—comes with rich collections of vintage synths, analog drum machines, multi-sampled drums, electric pianos and other acoustic instruments. Plus there are Curated Collections, toolkits of curated sounds from selected scenes—Instrument Racks, clips and samples, designed to be molded and shaped into something new.
- Get hands-on using Ableton Push (Sold Separately). Push is the best way to get hands-on with Live. Compose beats and melodies, slice samples and sculpt sounds. Mix your music and compose entire tracks, all without thinking about your computer. And each update to Live brings new features that mean ever closer integration with Push.
Connect, extend and customize
Ableton Live is software without limits. Although it comes with everything you need out of the box, you can adapt it to suit your own unique needs and extend it to the world around you. From add-on Packs to your own custom devices via Max, Live can be tweaked to do almost anything you can imagine.
- Take control. Live is even better when it’s hands-on. Map knobs, faders and buttons to control nearly any parameter. Live works with any MIDI controller and includes instant mappings for a growing number, for instant playability.
- Play in time with other devices. Expand your setup and collaborate with others using Link. The technology syncs timing over a network connection, so it’s easy to play Live with software like Reason, Serato and an ever-growing number of iOS apps.
- Customize Live. Connect with the world around it. Max for Live is a software platform that powers a range of Live’s instruments and effects. You can use it to customize devices, create your own from scratch and even change the way Live works. Or open up a world of possibilities and connect to lights, cameras, sensors, surround sound setups and more.
- Get more sounds, loops and samples by purchasing Ableton Packs. Packs are add-on instruments, effects, loops and sample collections for use in Live. Each Pack is custom-made by premier sound designers, and the contents of the Packs are ready to use, license-free, in your own musical projects.
Perform with Live
Live provides the perfect environment for on-stage improvisation and hands-on play with your music. You can adapt and customize the way Live works to fit your performance, not the other way around.
- Make every show unique. One of the things that makes Live so ideal for performance is its flexibility. You can design your own unique combinations of instruments and effects, and use eight Macro knobs to control any number of parameters. On stage you can trigger, resequence and remix your music in real time. And use flexible MIDI mapping to set up almost any part of Live for hands-on tweaking with your controller.
- The hub for your performance. Use Live to pull your show together. Control external hardware, integrate outboard effects or mixing desks. Improvise on your own, resample sounds in real-time, or process audio played by others. If you’re playing with multiple music applications, our technology Link can keep multiple devices in perfect time over the same network.
- For any stage. Whether they’re on-stage solo or as part of a band, artists depend on Live for orchestrating their performances. Some even go beyond sound: using Max for Live to control visual projections or light installations in sync with their music, connecting to sensors and much more.
- Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
- 64-bit Intel® or AMD multi-core processor. Intel® Core™ i5 processor or faster recommended.
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- OS X 10.11.6 or later
- Intel® Core™2 Duo processor. Intel® Core™ i5 processor or faster recommended.
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)