Adobe Framemaker 11 (School License + Upgrade Plan) - Best-In-Class Authoring and Publishing Solution
Adobe FrameMaker 11 software is a best-in-class authoring and publishing solution with one of the lowest transition costs and highest ROI for migration to XML. Use the new XML Code View to natively author structured content. Collaborate with PDF-based roundtrip reviews. Manage content with out-of-the-box CMS integration. Publish to multiple channels, formats, and screens via HTML5 using Adobe FrameMaker Publishing Server 11 or Adobe Technical Communication Suite 4.
Author, collaborate, and publish best-in-class technical content. Migrate to XML cost effectively. Use the new XML Code View to natively author structured content. Collaborate with PDF-based roundtrip reviews. Efficiently manage content with out-of-the-box CMS integration.
Adobe Framemaker 11 – Key Features:
- Native XML Code View. Dive directly into XML code using the Code View. Exercise complete control over XML documents with a host of editing features, including customized toolbars, inline attribute editor, automated tracking of errors, Intelliprompt of attributes and elements, search using XPath, and advanced XSLT features.
- Author View. Focus on writing without bothering about page breaks and text formatting. Use the Author View to speed up content creation prior to customizing appearance and output.
- XSLT 2.0 support. Create a variety of transformation scenarios by applying pre-defined or customized XSLT to XML files. Execute these transformations using a range of JAXP-compliant processors, such as Xalan and Saxon. Define the scope of the transformation—a file, all files of a folder, DITA map or all children of a book.
- XPath 2.0 support. Eliminate the need to browse through numerous lines of XML code. Use the XPath Pod to find your elements and automatically apply functions to them. Customize your query builder, get suggestions, define the scope of queries, use the history dropdown feature, and save search results for greater productivity.
- Rapid authoring. Speed up XML authoring with a range of productivity features such as Intelliprompt of elements and attributes, template based structure suggestions, automatic insertion of end tags, dynamic validation, and pretty printing. Work faster with large XML/DITA files and DITA maps in multiauthoring environments.
- Comprehensive DITA support. Meet consistency and authoring needs as well as specific output requirements. Create customized information models with automatic generation of DITA 1.2 elements (such as titles, tables of content and indexes), page rounding and numbering. Easily publish DITA maps to various output formats.
- Integration with Content Management Systems (CMSs). Smoothly integrate with best-of-breed CMSs like EMC Documentum and Microsoft SharePoint via built-in connectors, and others using third-party plug-ins. Get a set of APIs to connect your enterprise authoring environment with virtually any CMS. Improve searchability of content with custom metadata.
- Publishing virtually anywhere. Publish content to multiple channels, formats, and screens using HTML5 integration built into Adobe FrameMaker Publishing Server 11 or Adobe Technical Communication Suite 4. Deliver content to iPad and other tablets, smartphones, and desktops in a wide range of popular formats. Create print-ready CMYK PDFs.
- Enhanced importing of comments from PDF files. Import comments with type highlights retained from PDF files into Adobe FrameMaker 11 with the Text Background Color feature.
- Automation through scripting. Easily automate time-consuming, repetitive tasks through advanced scripting support with Adobe ExtendScript. Run scripts for simple tasks from within Adobe FrameMaker or through the ExtendScript Toolkit to eliminate manual effort and help increase productivity.
- Object Styles. Create, save, and apply Object Styles to give your content a consistent look and feel. Apply a wide variety of predefined styles to objects such as images, anchored frames, graphic objects, text frames, text lines, and equations. Easily update properties and change the styles of multiple objects by applying Object Styles to them.
- Enhanced video support. Develop richer, more engaging technical content by adding a variety of high-impact multimedia features. Enjoy robust support for video content in MP4, FLV, and SWF formats. Customize videos by selecting posters and creating linksΩ with text, to play, pause, or jump.
- Smart Paste. Author structured content faster. Convert unstructured content to a structured format with Smart Paste (Microsoft Word and Excel and HTML to DITA, and HTML tables to FrameMaker tables).
- Hotspots. Create linked documents with better readability and usability by inserting Hotspots over images, vector illustrations, and objects, or parts of them. Also convert shapes to Hotspots. On clicking on these Hotspots, your users will be guided to other relevant parts of the document.
- WYSIWYG View. Prepare your documentation for publishing and sharing with the user community. Use the WYSIWYG View to apply and modify styles, themes, and formats. Render your content as intended and see it as your users will.
Adobe Framemaker 11 – System Requirements:
- Intel Pentium 4 or faster processor
- Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista with Service Pack 2, or Windows XP with Service Pack 3
- 1GB of RAM (2GB recommended)
- 1.7GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
- DVD-ROM drive
- 1024x768 screen resolution (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit video card
This license includes the Adobe Upgrade Plan. With Adobe's 24-Month Upgrade Plan, your licenses will receive all updates and upgrades on this product for a period of 24-Months from the date of issue of the license. Protect your software investment and ensure that you have access to the most current technology. At the end of the 24-Month Upgrade Plan period, you can renew the Adobe Upgrade Plan for a further period 24-Month period. Call us at 800-433-6326 with any questions about the Adobe Upgrade Plan.
Adobe School Licenses are for sale to K-12 Schools, Community Colleges and Universitites. This is a special license product, and does not include printed boxes and manuals. License is custom-created by Adobe for the end-user -- so the order will take approximately 5 days to process. Customer will receive a license certificate, instructions for downloading installation software, and volume license serial numbers. As this product is a custom license, this product is not returnable.