Building upon success of the MPC X and MPC Live, the Akai Force Standalone Music Production DJ Performance System raises the bar of the standalone music production center by combining technology from the MPC with the workflow from the original Akai Ableton Push controller to create a completely new, cutting edge production / DJ performance hybrid, well suited for the beginner or professional producer and DJ.
The Akai Force offers clip launching, step sequencing, sampling, onboard synthesizers, and a 7" touch display. By combining must-have modern functionality with an ultra-intuitive workflow, the Force harnesses creativity for maximum expressive capability.
The hardware interface is based around an 8x8 clip-launch matrix of 64 velocity-sensitive, RGB pads, a 7" full-color touch-capacitive multitouch display, eight touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays, two audio inputs, four audio outputs, MIDI, and CV I/O, which combine to afford versatility and an unprecedented degree of creative freedom and expression, without being tethered to a computer.
The Force offers a variety of ways to create. Producers will appreciate the multiple modes of operation including plugin tracks, MPC-style drum tracks, audio tracks, keygroup tracks, MIDI tracks, and CV tracks, while the performing artist will love the different ways to define performance clips and sculpt them via step sequencing, drum pad performances, and note data. If you are on your way to being a star musician, the Force has your back with the onboard grid editor, smartscales, chords, and progressions. Plus, the onboard arpeggiator not only generates standard arp patterns, but also includes a variety of rhythmic patterns that cover every type of genre to help you get going quickly and efficiently.
Other advanced features include real-time pitch-shifting / time stretch and a comprehensive set of onboard effects by AIR Music Technology, including TubeSynth, Bassline, and Electric synth engines, as well as the flagship Hype, a preset macro-based synthesizer that combines several different synth engines into a single, easy-to-use package. What's more, Force can record up to 8 stereo tracks.
The Akai Pro Force ships with 16GB of onboard storage, which can be expanded by an optional, user-expandable 2.5" SATA drive connector for SSD or HHD drives, as well as a full-sized SD card slot and two USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers. The Force comes preloaded with 10GB+ of sounds from industry-leading content providers including SampleTools by CR2, MSX Audio, and Sample Magic. The core library includes 248 kits, 16 demo projects, 2500+ loops, and 500+ patterns. The Akai Pro Force includes a power supply and USB cable.
The heart of your Force experience. Launch Clips, browse your sounds, edit MIDI data, manipulate samples, apply XYFX, sculpt synth sounds, and much more, all from Force’s 7-inch full-color capacitive multitouch display.
Tactile control for an unrestricted creative flow. Trigger scenes/clips, step sequences, finger drum in MPC 16 Pad Mode and play note data with an expandable 8x8 clip launch matrix with radiant RGB backlighting.
Discover new ways to enhance your performance via 360-degree rotary encoders with OLED feedback. Smart assignments and multiple modes provide immediate real-time access to all core controls or link to any assignable parameter for a truly customized experience. Capture and playback changes with real-time FX automation.
Experience total control of your performance. Navigate your project, control clip/scene playback and access critical mix control (mute/solo/cue) right from the hardware with Force’s ergonomically positioned controls.
Load your samples from either USB thumb drives or SD cards – there’s even a dedicated SATA drive bay for internal storage expansion. Capture audio with (2) XLR/¼-inch combo inputs with phantom power, switchable to line/instrument level.
Route your audio to two stereo ¼-inch outputs, selectable per track within Force’s UI. Use the headphone out as a cue bus to audition clips/scenes. Take control of your modular gear with four independent CV/gate outputs and unite your peripheral MIDI equipment courtesy of MIDI in/out/thru ports.
Akai Force Standalone Music Production DJ Performance System – Key Features:
- Standalone – no computer required
- 8x8 clip launch matrix with RGB LEDs
- 7" full color capacitive multitouch display
- Mic / instrument / line inputs, 4 outputs
- MIDI In / Out / Thru
- 4 configurable CV/Gate outputs
- Remix, mash-Up, DJ and produce with 6 Track types for complete audio / MIDI / CV sequencing and performance capability
- Performance Modes including 16-Pad Drums, Notes, Smart Scales, Chords & Progressions
- MPC Sample Editing
- Automatic BPM detection, real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting
- 8 touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays
- 4 powerful, fully-editable synth engines
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10 gigs of sound content included)
- Full-Size SD card Slot & 2 USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- User-expandable 2.5" SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
Play, Perform, Produce
- Remix. Seamlessly import stems, loops, and one-shots into Force’s 8x8 clip matrix and set playback modes including loop and trigger settings to remix and reimagine your tracks on the fly.
- Mashup. Import multiple stems, then tune and time-stretch your content for immense mash-up potential – all content syncs to your master BPM so you never miss a beat.
- DJ. Seamlessly assign tracks to Force’s crossfader, load full tracks, stems, or loops to Force’s 8x8 matrix - fuse with scene/clip payback for an unrestricted DJ experience.
- XYFX. Add impressive flair to your sets by harnessing the power of Force’s multitouch display and onboard XYFX. Apply filter, modulation and beat repeat effects in real time to individual tracks or select outputs.
- Ableton Link. Connect Force to your wireless network and sync your project with any Ableton Link compatible application or hardware device including any from the iconic MPC Series.
- Warp. Never miss a beat, thanks to Force’s dual custom real-time time stretch algorithms and auto BPM detection for effortless syncing of all audio within your project to your master BPM.
- Cue Mix. The perfect drop! Prep your mix with dedicated cue-assign controls and a cue mixer for all audio assigned to outputs 3/4 or via the cue-blend control on the headphone out.
- Audio Tracks. Capture Audio from the dedicated combo inputs, load and sequence samples from Force’s browser or resample from another track.
- Drum Tracks. Browse the expansive factory kit library or create your own with samples loaded from USB thumb drives or SD cards. With full MPC Sample Editing functionality fused with 16-Pad or Step-Sequencing performance Modes, it’s simple to create your perfect groove.
- Plugin Tracks. Hard-coded into the Force architecture are four premium synth engines, each with full editing capability for immersive sound sculpting potential. Sequence via a traditional piano roll, apply the onboard arpeggiator or switch up to Note mode for instant access to intelligent chord, progression, and scale options.
- Meet the Synth Engines. Break out of a sample-based workflow with four synth engines from leading developer AIR Music Technology
- Hype covers everything from hard-hitting plucks to sultry melodic leads with this preset and macrobased synth combining multiple synth engines (wavetable, FM, subtractive, sampling) and a giant preset library into a single easy-to-use package
- Tubesynth emulates the sound of classic vintage analog poly-synths with an advanced analog modeling algorithm, packaged with five integrated AIR effects
- Bassline gives you access to the sounds of a classic mono synth with variable oscillator waveshapes, sub/fifth oscillators, LPF & HPF options and four integrated AIR effects
- Electric is the ultimate in classic e-piano emulation with Pickup, Envelope, Bell and Noise parameter sections, five AIR effects and dozens of pre-sets to get you started
- Keygroup Tracks. Load multisampled instrument keygroups and playback samples chromatically via a MIDI keyboard or Force’s pads. Using the on-board autosampler, create your own keygroups from your outboard synth gear and sound modules for instant recall within your project.
- MIDI Tracks. Send your track’s MIDI data to an external MIDI device including synths and drum machines. Connect your peripheral studio outboard to Force and sample your gear to an Audio track.
- CV Tracks. Get the most out of your modular rig. With CV tracks, send your track’s MIDI data to external devices via Force’s 4 CV/gate outputs.
- Realtime Sampling. Using Force’s sampler to capture audio from combo inputs or resample from within a Force project. Add up to four real-time insert effects while recording and assign captured audio immediately to Tracks and Programs all in a truly effortless live workflow environment.
- MPC Sample Editing. Without doubt, Akai Professional’s MPC series cements the most advanced sample editing capability modern production demands. With Force, trim, crop, chop, process, and manipulate samples with all the power our iconic MPC series provides. Seamlessly assign and layer samples and sequence via Force’s RGB pads or the touch display.
- The Perfect Groove. When it comes to capturing your performance, Force instantly adapts to your needs with all the critical tools modern DAWs provide. With an onboard step sequencer, MPC pad modes, legendary MPC Swing, and a touch grid editor, capturing and honing your MIDI data for the perfect groove is just a touch away.
- Looper. Resample your clips or capture audio from Force’s collection of inputs and discover the endless creative possibilities of looping. Backed by an intuitive Touch User interface and full audio routing capability, Force’s Looping capability is perfect for studio-centric inspiration or adding something truly original to your performance.
- Mix. Using Force’s Track and Pad Mixers, set levels, pan, assign insert FX, and send source audio to any one of four internal sends for all program pads, project tracks, and the master output. With dozens of processors and effects from the AIR FX suite (made famous by ProTools) controllable via smart assignments on the rotary encoders or the displays on the touch user interface, discover a fluid, immersive mixing experience without compromise.
Out-the-box, Force comes preloaded with 10GB+ of sounds from industry-leading sample content providers including SampleTools by CR2, MSX Audio, and Sample Magic. With 248 kits, 16 demo projects, 2500+ loops, and 500+ patterns, Force’s core library provides immediate access to the most sought-after sounds to inspire your creativity from the get-go.