Akai MPK Mini MK2 Compact Keyboard and Pad Controller
The MPK mini MKII from Akai Professional is an ultra-compact keyboard controller designed for the traveling musician and the desktop producer. It features twenty-five velocity-sensitive synth-action keys, a four-way thumbstick for pitch and modulation manipulation, eight backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads in two banks, and eight assignable Q-Link knobs. With an array of hardware controls, MPK mini allows for recording, composing, and performing whenever and wherever inspiration strikes.
Dedicated octave up and down buttons increase the keyboard to the full melodic range, and a sustain pedal input is built in for expressive playing and recording (pedal not included). An onboard arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes makes it easy to create intricate melodic lines. Plus, MPC Note Repeat and Full Level allow users to access technologies from Akai Professional's line of MPC workstations.
Production software and virtual instruments are included for immediate music creation. Hybrid 3, by AIR Music Tech, is a high-definition synthesizer. SONiVOX's Wobble is an electronic music grime synthesizer featuring two independent channels of spectral morphing synthesis with harmonic controls, individual filtering, and discrete LFO controls. MPC Essentials is a groove/beat production and sample-triggering software that also runs in standalone mode for making music without a DAW.
Four memory banks can store hardware/software presets for quick and easy set up. The MPK mini MIDI Editor is preset management software that lets users customize their hardware and software setup on a Mac or PC, create and tweak presets for favorite virtual instruments, plug-ins, and DAWs, and then store them on the controller. The controller requires no software drivers or external power adapter for operation. It supports plug-and-play connectivity, features USB-MIDI, and powers up with a single USB connection to a Mac or PC.
Akai MPK Mini MK2 Features:
- Twenty-five synth action mini keys
- Four-way thumbstick for pitch and modulation control
- Eight backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads with note repeat and full level
- Eight assignable Q-Link knobs for mixing, tweaking plug-ins and more
- Built-in arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range and modes
- Dedicated octave up and octave down buttons
- Ultra-compact design allows for creating anywhere
- USB powered - no power adapter required
- Full size sustain pedal input jack
- Comprehensive production software package includes Akai Pro MPC Essentials, SONiVOX Wobble, and Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech (downloads)
Akai MPK Mini MK2 Specs:
- Number of Keys: 25
- Type of Keys: Synth-Action Mini Keys
- Aftertouch: No
- Number of Performance Pads: 8
- Number of Encoders/Pots: 8
- Number of Sliders/Faders: None
- Dedicated Transport Control: No
- Other Controllers: Pitchbend/Mod Joystick, Note Repeat, Full Level, and Tap Tempo Button
- System Requirements Mac: 1.25GHz G4/G5 or better 1GB RAM, OS X 10.4.11 or later
- System Requirements PC: 1.5GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron CPU or better 1GB RAM (minimum), Windows 7, 8, Vista, or XP
- Pedal Inputs: 1 x Sustain
- MIDI I/O: MIDI Via USB
- USB: Yes
- Height: 1.75"
- Width: 12.5"
- Depth: 7.13"
- Weight: 1.65 lbs.
- Power Supply: USB Bus Powered