Electronic Software Download (ESD). This order will be delivered electronically. Customers ordering this item will receive an email message within a 24-48 hours of placement of their order with instructions on downloading the software.
Arturia Synclavier V - Digital Dream Machine. The Synclavier V faithfully recreates the elite digital synthesizer/workstation that started it all, powering some of the biggest hits and film soundtracks of the early '80s with its unique rich, edgy sounds.
If you were to ask anyone back in the late '70s and early '80s to name the Holy Grail of synthesizers, the most revered of them all was New England Digital's Synclavier. Its unique combination of additive synthesis and frequency modulation delivered a creative edge to the privileged few keyboardists, producers, film composers and sound designers who could afford systems that ranged from $13k to $400k.
Some of those rock-solid systems are still in use today. Arturia has recreated this highly revered hit maker in partnership with original programmer Cameron Jones, delivering the immense rich textures and creative palette of this vintage instrument, while dramatically improving it to let you blaze new musical trails today with sounds never heard before.
- Software synthesizer playable through a MIDI keyboard
- 450 presets sounds
- Original programmer + original code = the original Synclavier synthesis engine
- Powerful FM (frequency modulation) synthesis
- Full additive synthesis:
- Time Slice engine for dynamic additive synthesis
- Additive waves for both carrier and modulator waveforms
- Expanded number of partials to 12 (the original had 4)
- Variable bit depths (original was only 8-bit)
- High-quality output effects
- Algorithmic reverb
- Compatibility with the original Synclavier library
- VST, VST3, AU, AAX, and standalone operation
- Support for Native Instruments NKS format
- Windows: Win 7+ PC: 4 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU; 2GB free hard disk space
- Apple: 10.8+: 4 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU; 2GB free hard disk space
- Required configuration: Works in Standalone, VST 2.4 (32-bit and 64-bit), VST 3 (32-bit and 64-bit), AAX (32 bits with PT 10.3.8, 64 bits with PT 11), Audio Unit (32-bit and 64-bit).