How to Best Utilize Adobe Acrobat Pro
When it comes to documents, there’s not a more ubiquitous file type than PDF’s. They can be used for sending signature-required documents, as invoices, and much more, and because they are so popular and multi-faceted, acquiring a program to view and edit them is essential. Thus, Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Having created the PDF file type, Adobe’s Acrobat is the most powerful tool for creating, editing, and sending PDFs of all types, and thanks to Adobe’s NPO pricing, eligible non-profits can gain access to Acrobat Pro for deeply discounted prices.
However, given the software is so powerful, it’s important to know just what it’s capable of. Below, you’ll find a list of actions Acrobat can accomplish and a short guide on how to perform them.
How to rotate pages in a PDF
You can rotate all or selected pages in a document. Rotation is based on 90° increments. You can rotate pages using the rotate tools in the Page Thumbnails pane or using the rotate option (described below).
How to extract pages from a PDF
Extraction is the process of reusing selected pages of one PDF in a different PDF. Extracted pages contain not only the content but also all form fields, comments, and links associated with the original page content.
You can leave the extracted pages in the original document or remove them during the extraction process—comparable to the familiar processes of cutting-and-pasting or copying-and-pasting, but on the page level.
- To remove the extracted pages from the original document, select Delete Pages after Extracting.
- To create a single-page PDF for each extracted page, select Extract Pages As Separate Files.
- To leave the original pages in the document and create a single PDF that includes all of the extracted pages, leave both check boxes deselected.
- The extracted pages are placed in a new document.
How to split PDFs into multiple documents
You can split one or more PDFs into multiple smaller PDFs. When splitting a PDF, you can specify the split by the maximum number of pages, maximum file size, or top-level bookmarks.
- Number of Pages: Specify the maximum number of pages for each document in the split.
- File Size: Specify the maximum file size for each document in the split.
- Top-level Bookmarks: If the document includes bookmarks, creates one document for every top-level bookmark
Where can Non-Profits purchase Adobe Acrobat Pro?
Here at Genesis Technologies, we’re an authorized Adobe for Non-Profit reseller, meaning we have access to all Non-Profit discounted items from Adobe. Whether you want to pick up a license for Adobe Acrobat or license your organization with Creative Cloud, Genesis Technologies has you covered.
Ready to get started? Looking for a price quote? Head over to our Adobe for Non-Profit page to view all our non-profit product manufacturers or call our office at 800-433-6326.