Blue Bottle Tube Microphone-Interchangeable Capsule
The Bottle is Blue's flagship recording tool and its highest achievement in quality and innovation. The Bottle combines low noise and superb transient response integrated with a system of interchangeable capsules, the Bottle Caps. In an instant, the bayonet-mounted Bottle Caps can be exchanged to provide different tonal characteristics and pickup patterns while the included power supply remains on. The Class A discrete amplifier circuit of the Bottle is a thoroughly modern homage to the past, with a design utilizing a single hand-selected EF86 pentode vacuum tube in triode mode. The Bottle is the definition of craftsmanship, with hand-assembled custom components found throughout. With eight different Bottle Caps to choose from, the Bottle provides the ultimate recording experience for any application.
The amount of care that goes into constructing a Blue microphone is legendary. As their flagship microphone, the Bottle encapsulates all Blue’s attention to detail and careful construction. It looks beautiful, and boasts a sound that's so warm, natural, and "alive," it'll leave no doubt that you're hearing one of the world's elite mics. Engineers we know can't say enough good things about the incredible Blue Bottle mic.
The Blue Bottle not only sounds like a dream, but it's extremely versatile. The Bottle features eight different interchangeable capsules, so you can change capsules to deliver different tonality, patterns and uses while the microphone is still turned on, thus eliminating the need for many types of mics. The amplifier design is based on a single vacuum tube pentode EF86 in a triode mode. Blue hand selects the tube for low noise performance. This is one versatile tube condenser mic!
The Blue Bottle microphone is packaged with one B6 Lollipop capsule and the 9610 Tube Microphone Power supply. Blue has developed the 9610 with the new SOFT START feature to assure the longevity of the vacuum tube, and the stability of the microphone circuitry. No other commercially available tube microphone power supply offers this unique feature. Champagne tube microphone cable is standard inclusion and all the above is all housed in a Blue velvet lined ATA approved flight case.
Bottle Tube Microphone Features:
- The ultimate in hand-built craftsmanship
- Class A discrete amplifier circuit with hand-selected EF86 pentode vacuum tube in triode mode
- Mic system-allows for various capsules to be swapped "on the fly" for extreme versatility
- Integrated capsule shockmounting
- Hand tuned and tested
- Custom wound output transformer
- Includes B6 capsule, the renowned 9610 Tube Power Supply, Champagne tube mic cable, and flight case
Bottle Tube Microphone Specifications:
- Transducer Type: Vacuum Tube Condenser
- Polar Patterns: Various (Capsule-dependent)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 20.0 mV/Pa a 1kHz (1 PA = 94dB SPL) w/B6 Capsule
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Rated Load Impedance: Not less than 1kΩ
- Maximum SPL: 134 dB SPL (2.5kΩ, 0.5% THD) w/B6 Capsule
- S/N Ratio: 86.5 dB-A (IEC 651) w/B6 Capsule
- Noise Level: 7.5 dB-A (IEC 651) w/B6 Capsule
- Dynamic Range: 126.5 dB (@2.5kΩ) w/B6 Capsule
- Power Requirement: Bottle Power Supply Unit 115/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz