Bottle Rocket Stage Two
B8 Capsule included in purchase of Bottle Rocket Stage Two.
The BLUE Bottle Rocket Stage 2 is a transformerless tube microphone with a sound all its own. It comes with a B8 capsule - the same capsule used in Blue's popular Bluebird - as well as a custom shockmount, high-definition 5-conductor tube mic cable, and an ATA-style flight case. Great for recording vocals, electric guitars, acoustic guitars, strings, drums, woodwinds, and more, you get impressive versatility and, of course, impeccable BLUE quality with the Bottle Rocket Stage 2. Fully compatible with Bottle Caps, BLUE's interchangable capsule system, you can add an array of tonal characteristics and pickup patterns to your BLUE Bottle Rocket Stage 2!
Great for recording a variety of sources
With the BLUE Bottle Rocket Stage 2 in your mic closet, you can rest assured - you've got an incredibly versatile mic, ready to tackle nearly any source. On vocals, you can get a "big" vocal sound, without worrying about overloading the mic, an incredible clean guitar sound on your electric amp, and a well-suited shimmering high-end on acoustics! With its natural highs and soft mid-range characteristics, your Stage 2 can handle nearly any member of the bowed string family, and its extended high end delivers a modern tonality when miking saxophones and other wind instruments!
PowerStream power supply
Most tube mic power supplies apply both heater and plate voltages simultaneously once power has been switched on, attracting electrons from the not yet heated cathode - potentially causing cathode stripping, which can wear out your tube and makes it get noisier. BLUE avoids this problem with their PowerStream power supply system that delivers the tube's heater voltage first, and prevents the heater current from exceeding the limits for which the tube was designed.
Compatible with BLUE Bottle Caps
Expanding the possibilities of your BLUE Bottle Rocket Stage 2, this mic is fully compatible with BLUE's acclaimed Bottle Caps, letting you interchange your capsules. Enjoy a new tonal range as you try out larger or smaller diaphragm capsules with varying pickups patterns on different sources.
The Bottle Caps:
- B0 Capsule (270709) — Airy top end, silky vocal sound
- B1 Capsule (270710) — Ultimate acoustic instrument mic
- B2 Capsule (270711) — Vintage, rich ribbon sound with muted top end and detailed midrange
- B3 Capsule (270712) - Accurate, neutral sound
- B4 Capsule (270713) - Live and orchestral applications
- B5 Capsule (270714) - Dramatic top and bottom
- B6 Capsule (270715) - The renowned Blue sonic signature—smooth, liquid presence
- B7 Capsule (270716) - Today's vintage sound
- B8 Capsule - All-purpose "TPO" (The Popular Opinion) sound—the default Bottle Cap. (Included in purchase)
Bottle Rocket Stage Two Specs:
- Microphone Type: Tube Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (Other Capsules Available, Not Included)
- Diaphragm Size: .98" (25mm)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL: 139dB SPL (0.5% THD, 2.5 Kohm)
- Output Impedance: 50 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 87dB-A (IEC 651) (B8 Capsule)
- Self Noise: Not More Than 7.5dB-V - 14dBV (IEC 651), Depending On Capsule
- Low Cut Filter: No Filter
- Connector: XLR
- Included Accessories: Power Supply, Cable, Shock mount, Flight case