The Califone Spirit SD Stereo Listening Center 6-Person (1886PLC-6) is also available as 6-person Learning Centers which includes the following –
- Califone Spirit SD Multimedia Player Recorder (1886)
- (1) x 10-person Jackbox
- (6) x Switchable Stereo/Mono headphones.
The Spirit SD multimedia player/recorder and stereo learning center is teacher-tested to support reading activities, language learning, ESL, foreign language instruction, and ELL/ELD programs associated with the English Language Arts portion of the Common Core State Standards. You'll appreciate the flexibility in a learning center that's equally versatile for music & movement classes or read-alongs in independent study. The 2 Watts of the Spirit SD are powerful enough for up to 40 people to hear content in a typical room for whole class learning.
Adaptable to different situations, the Spirit SD multimedia player/recorder supports many different formats - AM/FM radio, cassette and a top-loading CD player. It also features USB & SD ports so student or teacher-generated content can be played back for the entire class to hear. The built-in microphone on the Spirit SD records student responses for later playback and helps monitor student progress with lessons and reading practice. It's made with rugged ABS plastic to withstand the rigors of daily school use and has recessed speakers to prevent accidental damage in busy classrooms.
A stereo jackbox can be connected to the 3.5mm headphone plug to use the Spirit SD as a learning center for a small group of differentiated learners to listen through connected headphones without disrupting the rest of the class.
- Function selector
- Built-in mic records student responses or projects
- Top loading CD player tailored for school use
- Band switch
- Tuning control
- SD card slot and USB connector
- Steel grills prevent accidental damage to recessed speakers
- Rugged ABS plastic for safety and durability
- Top-mounted 3.5mm headphone jack for individual use or to connect a jackbox for group learning
- Volume control