Academic Edition for sale to Students, Teachers and Staff members of Higher Education institutions and K-12 schools. Proof of eligibility required.
Electronic Software Download (ESD). This order will be delivered electronically. Customers ordering this item will receive an email message within a 24-48 hours of placement of their order with instructions on downloading the software.
Turn your ideas into reality with QuarkXPress. It’s the graphic design software that gives you precise control over text, images, shapes, color, opacity, and it’s compatible with a broad range of file formats. No design is too simple or too complex — and no page layout software gives you more control.
For more than 30 years, millions of users — from freelance designers to global organizations, marketing departments, agencies, print providers, and publishers — have used QuarkXPress to produce advertising, brochures, magazines, books, catalogs, newspapers, flipbooks, mobile apps, and more. Why? Because QuarkXPress offers the ultimate in creativity, design control, and professional print and digital output.
QuarkXPress 2017 is sold as a perpetual license with 60-days of free support, free dual activation, cross platform licenses (Mac and PC) and ongoing access to free updates.
Design, Layout, and Professional Print Output
Great design, of course, is only half of the equation. The other half is output; the final printed piece must match what’s on the screen. This is ensured in QuarkXPress with print previews, soft proofing features, comprehensive color management, and support for international color standards. QuarkXPress also includes a built-in preflighting feature (called Job Jackets) that can identify potential output issues early in the design process. When your layout is ready to go, easy-to-use presets for print-ready PDFs (PDF/X3 certified) make sure output will go without a hitch.
Digital Design & Publishing
With QuarkXPress print designers are right at home and ready to go with their digital publishing projects. You can easily convert content from print to digital formats. You can synchronize content between print layouts, digital projects, and design for different device screen dimensions and orientations. You can even share color definitions, style sheets, and other resources between different layouts. Plus, you only have to learn one skill set to design for multiple media — so you’re more productive with a faster time to results. What’s more, there is no coding required! Create it all within the intuitive user interface of QuarkXPress.
Integration with other Applications and Formats:
- Convert PDF, Illustrator, and EPS Files to Native QuarkXPress Objects
- Import Text, Pictures, and Hyperlinks from Microsoft® Word
- PSD and AI Import
- Import Tables and Charts from Microsoft Excel
Things You Can Do:
- Interactive Tablet and Smartphone Apps for iPad, iPhone, Android, and other mobile devices
- Responsive HTML 5 Publications with app-like interactivity to share your digital magazine, newspapers and e-catalogues over the Web
- Flipbooks based on standard HTML5 running in any modern browser without the need of a browser plug-in
- Standardized eBooks running on Amazon Kindle, iBooks®, Sony® Reader, NOOK®, and other eBook readers.
- Web design mockups for rapid prototyping of HTML5 Web pages
What’s New in QuarkXPress 2017:
Images and Vectors:
- Non-destructive image editing
- Transparency blend modes
- New shape tools
- More multi-color gradients
- Gradients for frames
- Item format painter
Typography and Text:
- Text stroking
- Text shading
- Column spanning/splitting
- Non-breaking text attribute
- Merge text boxes
- Automatic line between columns
- Proportional leading
- Additional smart quotes
- Smart text linking
- Word import enhanced
- Footnotes enhanced
- “Unlimited*” iOS single apps
- Adaptive layout conversion
- Automatic table-of-content
- Responsive HTML5 Publications (multi-device output)
- Adaptive layout conversion
- Convert to Native Objects enhanced
- Mac and Win UI enhancements
- Cursor key can control increments/decrements
- List most recent fonts
- Find/Change enhanced
- Cross References enhanced
- Built-in cache cleaner
- XTensions Manager enhanced
- QuarkXPress 2017 supports the newest three operating systems from both MacOS and Windows. Please note that QuarkXPress 2017 might work on older operating systems, however these are not supported or tested by Quark.
- Mac: Yosemite (OS X 10.10), El Capitan (OS X 10.11) and Sierra (MacOS 10.12)
- Windows: Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 (64 bit only, with latest updates)