The Roland AIRA VT-3 Voice Transformer empowers you to smoothly alter the pitch and formant of a voice in real time to add heavily processed vocal effects to your studio work, stage performances, podcasts, web streaming, and more. The unit can transform your voice into synthesizers, synth basses, hard-tuned and lo-fi sounds, and more. It can also be subtle and musical, with built-in reverb, smooth wet/dry fader control, and instant bypass. The unit can operate on its own but is also designed to both aesthetically and functionality work with the company's AIRA series of electronic instruments.
For controls, the unit features dedicated pitch, formant, reverb, and mix balance sliders. A center wheel provides effect settings including: Vocoder, Synth, Lead, Bass, Megaphone, Radio, Scatter, Direct, Auto Pitch 1, and Auto Pitch 2. Up to three favorite settings can be saved for instant recall, and a footswitch port enables additional control in live performances. Pure green LEDs and brightly lit controls provide enhanced visibility in dimly lit environments. The unit's portable design and durable lightweight construction makes it easy to transport to and from gigs.
For I/O, a rear panel features an XLR-3F/TRS combo connector with switchable +48V phantom power for use with your favorite condenser microphone. Outputs are provided by a pair of 1/4" TRS connectors which can be configured as either mono/stereo or separate wet/dry channels. A built-in USB audio interface with adjustable volume level provides loopback recording to overdub vocals on existing tracks. Power is provided by either the computer's USB bus or with the included AC adapter.
Roland AIRA VT-3 Voice Transformer - Character Types:
- Pop and electro sounds with two distinctive Auto-Pitch effects
- Create VP-330-style Vocoder sounds without the need for a keyboard
- Scatter function for glitchy effects that sound like something's broken (in a good way)
- Loads of lo-fi character with Megaphone and Radio settings
- Synthetic sounding voices with the Robot button
- Synth, Lead, and Bass settings for synths you can sing
Roland AIRA VT-3 Voice Transformer – Version 1.1 New Features:
- Manage your presets with easy backup and restore over USB
- More Memory: User presets have been doubled to six locations
- Character Level: Volume levels of each character are more evenly matched for smooth transitions
- USB MIDI: Control pitch of voice characters, including vocoder, with external MIDI keyboard
- Low Cut Filter: Cuts low frequency sensing to improve performance of Auto-Pitch characters
- Noise Gate: Gates noise to reduce chance of feedback or howling sound
- USB attenuator: Adjusts level of audio over USB
- Program Change: Change program memory with MIDI controller message
- Control Change: Control VT-3 functions with MIDI control change messages