Academic Edition for sale to Students, Teachers and Staff members of Higher Education institutions and K-12 schools. Proof of eligibility required.
Electronic Software Download (ESD). This order will be delivered electronically. Customers ordering this item will receive an email message within a 24-48 hours of placement of their order with instructions on downloading the software.
QuarkXPress 2018 – The Best Professional Print and Digital Design Software Available
Turn your ideas into reality with QuarkXPress 2018. It’s the graphic design software that gives you precise control over text, images, shapes, color, opacity, and it’s compatible with a broad range of file formats. No design is too simple or too complex — and no page layout software gives you more control. See the full detailed feature list here.
For more than 30 years, millions of users — from freelance designers to global organizations, marketing departments, agencies, print providers, and publishers — have used QuarkXPress to produce advertising, brochures, magazines, books, catalogs, newspapers, flipbooks, mobile apps, and more. Why? Because QuarkXPress offers the ultimate in creativity, design control, and professional print and digital output.
Design, Layout, and Professional Print Output
Built on a fast 64-bit architecture with uniquely innovative desktop publishing (DTP) features, QuarkXPress has surpassed the competition. It provides Bézier editing so you can remain in one application for page layout with high-end typography and vector drawing. With the non-destructive image editing capabilities, you can even manipulate images within the context of your design, without having to constantly switch to other image editing software.
Great design, of course, is only half of the equation. The other half is output; the final printed piece must match what’s on the screen. This is ensured in QuarkXPress with print previews, soft proofing features, comprehensive color management, and support for international color standards. QuarkXPress also includes a built-in preflighting feature (called Job Jackets) that can identify potential output issues early in the design process. When your layout is ready to go, easy-to-use presets for print-ready PDFs (PDF/X-4 certified) make sure output will go without a hitch.
Things You Can Do:
- Brochures and Flyers
- Print Ads
- Direct Marketing
- Books and User Guides
- Catalogues and Circulars
- Directories and Yearbooks
- Financial Reports
- Logo design
- And much more …
Digital Design & Publishing
Do you really need a new software tool for every new file format? Or a different tool for print and digital design? Why not create beautiful, functional digital designs and print publications in one software tool? Only QuarkXPress delivers a complete set of intelligent cross-media design and export features in a single application.
With QuarkXPress print designers are right at home and ready to go with their digital publishing projects. You can easily convert content from print to digital formats. You can synchronize content between print layouts, digital projects, and design for different device screen dimensions and orientations. You can even share color definitions, style sheets, and other resources between different layouts. Plus, you only have to learn one skill set to design for multiple media — so you’re more productive with a faster time to results. What’s more, there is no coding required! Create it all within the intuitive user interface of QuarkXPress.
Things You Can Do
- Interactive Tablet and Smartphone Apps for iPad, iPhone, Android, and other mobile devices
- Responsive HTML 5 Publications with app-like interactivity to share your digital magazine, newspapers and e-catalogues over the Web
- Flipbooks based on standard HTML5 running in any modern browser without the need of a browser plug-in
- Standardized eBooks running on Amazon Kindle, iBooks, Sony Reader, NOOK, and other eBook readers.
- Web design mockups for rapid prototyping of HTML5 Web pages
Integration with other Applications and Formats
No application is an island. That’s why QuarkXPress was designed from the beginning to work with a wide variety of file formats.
- Native InDesign IDML Import. Convert InDesign IDML files directly into editable QuarkXPress objects that retain attributes such as style sheet names and master pages.
- Convert PDF, Illustrator, and EPS Files to Native QuarkXPress Objects. Say goodbye to time-consuming projects such as rebuilding logos and reconstructing PDF files sent by your clients. QuarkXPress is the first layout application to import PDF, Illustrator, and EPS files and convert them to native objects. Benefit from fully editable vector graphics, real text, and automatically extracted colors and font information. Simply copy items from other applications such as PowerPoint, Illustrator, or even InDesign and paste them into your QuarkXPress layout as Native QuarkXPress Objects, allowing you to easily complete or reuse them in QuarkXPress.
- Import Text, Pictures, and Hyperlinks from Microsoft Word. Take Microsoft Word documents with text, hyperlinks, footnotes, and pictures and place them directly into your QuarkXPress layout. Text formatting and Style Sheets can be imported and hyperlinks are automatically added to the Hyperlinks Palette.
- PSD and AI Import. QuarkXPress lets you import Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator files, then hide and show layers and channels, clip to embedded paths, control layer opacity, and apply blend modes — all from right there in the QuarkXPress layout.
- Import Tables and Charts from Microsoft Excel. QuarkXPress lets you import data from Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, make it beautiful, and then update the content from the Excel file without losing any formatting.
Minimum System Requirements
- QuarkXPress 2017 & 2018 supports the newest three operating systems from both MacOS and Windows. Full list of System Requirements for QuarkXPress 2017 and 2018.
- Mac: El Capitan (OS X 10.11), Sierra (MacOS 10.12) and High Sierra (MacOS 10.13)
- Windows: Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 (64 bit only, with latest updates)