Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 Mobile Recorder Bundle.
This version of Dragon Medical Practice Edition includes the Olympus DS-7000 Professional Digital Recorder. The Olympus DS-7000 Professional Dictation Digital Voice Recorder is a perfect choice for physicians who would like to incorporate a transcription workflow permitting them to dictate their notes when not seated at their computer. Step up your productivity by bundling Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 with the Olympus DS7000 Professional Dictation Voice Recorder.
By using Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 2, clinicians— including physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, therapists, and other care providers—can efficiently navigate and dictate medical decision-making and treatment plans directly into a patient’s electronic record.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 is designed and priced especially for smaller practices, and helps clinicians accelerate adoption of their chosen EHR/ EMR. Using Dragon Medical Practice Edition ensures clinicians document care more completely and ‘in their own words’. Clinicians using an EHR/ EMR powered by Dragon Medical have experienced substantially greater satisfaction than clinicians who use the EHR/ EMR without Dragon Medical.
Available only for independent practices of 24 physicians or less, Dragon Medical Practice Edition is 99% accurate ‘out of the box’ and includes a complete range of medical vocabularies. Dragon Medical Practice Edition lets clinicians use a narrative format to dictate the elements of a patient encounter where clinicians need to document care in their own words, including the History of Present Illness, Review of Systems, Physical Examination, and Assessment and Plan. Dragon Medical Practice Edition supports HIPAA patient confidentiality guidelines, a critical requirement for any practice concerned with patient confidentiality.
Clinicians also save additional time by using customized macros to enter frequently-dictated text with a single voice command. Overall, Dragon Medical solutions dramatically reduce the time clinicians spend documenting care—30 minutes or more a day, according to a number of studies.
Key Benefits of Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2:
- Improve care efficiency. Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 offers virtually instant response time, saving clinicians valuable minutes in their day – no more waiting for transcribed reports or needing to type into their EHR/ EMRs.
- Reduce transcription and the cost of documentation. Using speech recognition technology, clinicians dictate, edit and sign medical records at the point of care, eliminating as much as $12,000 in annual transcription costs.
- Spend more time with patients. Increased accuracy means fewer errors to correct, which lets clinicians spend more time with patients, improving both quality of care and patient satisfaction.
- Improve documentation. Documentation with Dragon Medical speech recognition technology – as opposed to notes built by point-and-click EHR/ EMR templates alone – results in higher rates of reimbursement.
- Secure patient information. Dragon Medical Practice Edition supports HIPAA patient confidentiality guidelines.
- Improve physician satisfaction. With Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2, physicians look forward to practicing medicine – and getting home in time for dinner.
- Increase reimbursement. A major study by a physician practice in the Northeast determined that using Dragon Medical with an EHR/ EMR increases per-physician reimbursement by $10,000 per year per physician.
New Features in Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2:
- Makes Clinicians Even More Efficient. Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 lets clinicians dictate faster and more accurately than ever before. This new version is over 20% more accurate than the previous version of Dragon Medical Practice Edition—meaning that clinicians will save time documenting care.
- Dictate anywhere in the EHR/ EMR. Dragon Medical Practice Edition allows clinicians to dictate anywhere in an EHR/ EMR system. Clinicians no longer have to click back and forth between information they’re reviewing and the EHR/ EMR’s dictation window. They dictate while reviewing information in Hidden Mode, which allows the clinician to place the dictation directly where he or she wishes.
- All new speech recognition engine improves recognition speed. Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 improves recognition response time significantly. What’s more, Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 boosts performance by delivering easier correction and editing options, and giving you more control over your command preferences, letting you get things done faster than ever before.
- Takes Advantage of Faster Processors. If you use Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 on a computer with multi-core processors and more than 4 GB of RAM, Dragon Medical Practice Edition automatically selects the BestMatch V speech model for you when you create your user profile in order to deliver faster performance.
- Medical vocabularies. Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 now includes comprehensive medical vocabularies that cover 90 specialties and subspecialties.
- Updated Rich Internet Applications Support. Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2’s Rich Internet Application feature enhances Dragon Medical Practice Edition’s functionality in selected browser-based applications: in these applications it provides Full Text Control as well as commands to access elements found in the main interface of the web page. Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 now supports Gmail, Hotmail, and Microsoft’s Outlook.com mail service. Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 is now compatible with the the following Web browsers - Microsoft Internet Explorer, version 9 or 10 (32-bit only), Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
- Dragon Remote Microphone App for iPhone and Android Phones. Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 lets you go wireless with an iOS or Android device and the free Dragon Remote Microphone App. Turn your compatible iPhone, iPod touch (4th generation), iPad or Android device into a wireless microphone for use with Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 over a WiFi network.
- Wideband Bluetooth Support. Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 adds support for wideband Bluetooth wireless headset microphones, and you can get up and running quickly. When it detects that the USB dongle of a certified wideband microphone is plugged into the PC, Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 offers “Enhanced Bluetooth” as an audio source type.
- New – Interactive Tutorial. Available any time from the Help menu, the Interactive Tutorial offers short progressive simulations to help you practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes. Even experienced Dragon Medical Practice Edition users can benefit from the Interactive Tutorial.
- Remote Desktop Connection. Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 now supports remote use on a computer running Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7 Ultimate. With Microsoft’s free Remote Desktop Connection software (formerly called Terminal Services Client), you can use Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 from a local Windows computer on which Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 itself is not installed.
- Support for Microsoft Office 2013. Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 now supports Office 2013 with the same functionality for the same currently supported applications available in earlier versions of Office.
- Windows 8 Compatibility. Now you can use Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 with the new Microsoft Windows 8 operating system.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 – Recommended System Requirements:
- CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set required)
- Processor Cache: 2 MB
- Free hard disk space: 5 GB
- RAM: 2 GB RAM for XP and Vista, and 4 GB for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Server 2008 64-bit
- Supported Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 8, 32-bit and 64-bit; Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit; Microsoft Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only; Windows Server 2008, SP1, SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
Olympus DS-7000 Digital Recorder Pro
From the office to the field, the Olympus DS-7000 Professional Dictation Digital Voice Recorder is a perfect choice for almost any professional who requires the benefits of a digital voice recorder and professional dictation device. You can record using DSS and DS2 (DSS Pro) formats in QP and SP modes. The DS-7000 features the Olympus Dictation Management System and supports Nuance's Dragon NaturallySpeaking as well. For added security, the DS-7000 is equipped with device password protection and DSS Pro real-time 128- or 256-bit file encryption, which makes the recorder ideal for work environments that deal with sensitive information.
The DS-7000 supports both SD and microSD card expansion up to 32GB. Plus, it features a redesigned, speech-optimized microphone. There's a USB interface for data transfers and a D23 300mW speaker as well. The integrated lithium-ion battery allows you to record up to 26 hours without recharging. For added convenience, the DS-3500 is equipped with a multi-language, two-inch color LCD screen. Plus, Olympus designed the DS-7000 with intuitive controls for simple and easy operation, as well as a multi-function cradle docking station for recharging the battery, hands-free recording, playback and interaction with ODMS software.
Device password protection and DSS Pro real-time 128-bit or 256-bit file encryption makes the DS-7000 ideal for workplace environments that deal with sensitive information
Full Workflow Integration
Packaged with the next-generation Olympus Dictation Management System (ODMS) software and compatible with Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking voice recognition software, the DS-7000 is designed to become an essential part of any office's dictation workflow directly out of the box. Support for up to 32 index marks per dictation file makes it easy to locate critical information
A vast array of functions and accessories, audio codes and indexing options, as well as support for multiple work types and users, makes the DS-3500 customizable enough to suit any purpose in any IT environment. The ODMS software is compatible with Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP and Mac OS X
Superior Sound Quality
The DS-7000's redesigned, speech-optimized microphone is independently housed for flawless sound reproduction. It's the only Olympus Professional Dictation device to support DSS and DSS Pro recording formats, as well as QP (16 kHz/28 kbps)) and SP (12 kHz/13.7 kbps) modes
Expandable Storage Capacity
Dual SD and microSD card slots allow for up to 32GB of total memory. The included 2GB microSD card holds up to approximately 306 hours of recording time
Multiple Language LCD Screen
The DS-7000 features a 2" color LCD screen that supports English, French and Spanish - as well as personalized welcome messages
Longer Battery Life
The lithium-ion battery has a capacity of 710 mAh. It's rechargeable through your computer's USB port and a full charge affords up to 26 hours of recording time
With redesigned push-button playback controls and three programmable function buttons, the DS-7000 promotes simple, easy operation
A redesigned docking station recharges the lithium-ion battery and allows for hands-free recording, playback and interaction with the ODMS software