This version of Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 includes the Philips Digital Pocket Memo DPM8000. The Philips Digital Pocket Memo DPM8000 is a perfect choice for physicians who would like to incorporate a transcription workflow permitting them to dictate their notes when not seated at their computer. Step up your productivity by bundling Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 with the Philips Digital Pocket Memo DPM8000.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4. Out-of-the-box affordability. Out-of-the-ordinary performance.
Quickly and easily create high-quality clinical documentation at the point of care with Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4. Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 is the final word in speech recognition. Over 10,000 healthcare facilities and 500,000 physicians worldwide use Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 to ensure 300 million patient stories get told accurately every year.
Cutting-edge technology brings efficiency to the clinic environment. Powered by a next generation speech engine, Nuance® Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 4 achieves 99% accuracy out of the box without voice profile training. Physicians and other health care providers navigate and dictate medical decision-making and treatment plans directly into a patient’s electronic record and spend less time typing or clicking in the EHR. Available for independent practices of 24 or fewer physicians, Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 is a locally-installed solution designed and priced especially for smaller practices that want to transform the documentation process.
Clinicians dictate in their own words anywhere in the EHR—faster and more accurately than ever before.
- Boost documentation efficiency for more time with patients. Quick and accurate performance allows clinicians to create text up to 5x faster than typing, improving EHR usability. Use voice to navigate, dictate and edit content inside EHR fields for increased productivity.
- Improve documentation quality to better inform care teams and administrative staff. More complete and accurate documentation not only provides richer patient details to the care team, but also ensures appropriate reimbursement for the care delivered.
- Save money, speed up turnaround time, grow revenue. When clinicians create and self edit their own documentation, data is available immediately and costs associated with transcriptionists are eliminated. When clinicians have time to see more patients, practice profitability can grow.
Superior speech recognition, amplified for medical use
Distinct from non-medical speech recognition, Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 combines 90 medical specialty and subspecialty vocabularies with acoustic models based on the unique way physicians speak—audio, syntax, style and structure—resulting in remarkable accuracy. Advanced Deep Learning technology constantly learns and adapts to voice and environmental variations—even during dictation—to refine performance. Dictate for real-time speech to text or transcribe audio recordings to create clinical documentation.
Simple setup, easy-to-use functions, dependable performance
In as little as 60 seconds, users gain access to uninterrupted, high-quality speech recognition even where reliable internet is not widely available—all with no profile training, and with dynamic microphone adjustment. Options and settings are consolidated into one easy-to-use dialog box for easy management of profile and auto-formatting options. A movable DragonBar provides easy access to popular features and automatically collapses when not in use. Customized macros for frequently dictated text can be created with a single voice command.
Optimized for portable touchscreens
Along with high performance on modern desktop and laptop Windows computers, Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 delivers documentation productivity on the go through compatibility with Windows 10 touchscreen devices. Hybrid touch and keyboard interaction work seamlessly for controlling the DragonBar and other features.
Dictate within applications and EHR textbox fields, or use the Dragon dictation box to compose content—insert auto-texts, navigate template fields, dictate and edit—and transfer text with a simple voice command. Use voice to interact with websites and web-based applications.
Reliable security and unwavering availability
Dragon Medical Practice Edition supports HIPAA requirements for patient security and confidentiality by employing secure encryption methods throughout the workflow.
Enhanced in-app help
Dragon Medical provides relevant, helpful tips during use, as well as easy access to popular help searches and topics. Accelerate proficiency and make the most of all available functionality.
Medical focus delivers unparalleled accuracy
Refined for medical dictation and distinct from nonmedical Dragon offerings, Dragon Medical Practice Edition is biased to a medical context for superior performance. More than 500,000 physicians worldwide use Dragon Medical solutions to document clinical records and dictate correspondence, making it the most widely trusted speech recognition solution for physicians.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 – Key Features:
- Medical vocabularies and acoustic models tuned for the way clinicians speak. Includes vocabularies for over 90 medical specialty and subspecialties.
- Regional accent support. Advanced adaptation techniques and accent-specific acoustic models ensures high speech recognition accuracy.
- Simplified interaction with EHRs. Eliminate navigation back to EHR screens with a hidden dictation box.
- Dragon Medical template library. Includes a full library of AutoTexts for standard notes and “medical normals” by body system.
- Smart configuration. Automatically detects hardware resources and determines the best use of infrastructure for optimal performance.
- No internet connection required. Locally-installed speech recognition ensures uninterrupted access.
- Recognition analytics. Automatically detects poor audio input and alerts the user with advice to remedy the situation and ensure high-accuracy results.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 – System Requirements:
- Windows 7, 8.1, 10 (32- and 64-bit); Windows Server 2008 R2 & 2012 R2 & 2016
- CPU: Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. Faster processors yield faster performance
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB
- Free hard disk space: 4GB (8GB download)
- Internet Explorer 11 or higher or the current version of Chrome or Firefox
- A sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- Built-in microphone or a Nuance-approved microphone. (See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information)
- An Internet connection to activate user license and access to Online Help
Philips Digital Pocket Memo DPM8000
The Philips Digital Pocket Memo LFH8000 Digital Dictation Voice Recorder takes dictation to a new level. Breakthrough 3D microphone technology delivers best audio quality in any recording situation. Its robust yet lightweight stainless steel design offers perfect ergonomics for working over longer periods of time. Coupled with SpeechExec Pro software for efficient data management and a docking station for uploading your files, going from your voice to your text document has never been quicker.
- 3D MICROPHONE FOR SUPERIOR AUDIO QUALITY. The breakthrough 3D Mic technology uses the built-in microphones to always deliver best recording results: an omnidirectional microphone offering 360 degree sound pick-up, ideal for the recording of multiple sound sources such as meetings, and a unidirectional microphone optimized for voice recording and accurate speech-recognition results.
- WEAR-FREE SLIDE SWITCH. The quick-response and ergonomic slide switch is designed for single-handed operation of all recording and playback functions, allowing easy and quick file editing (insert, overwrite, append). It operates with a light sensor signal, making it wear-free and durable.
- MOTION SENSOR. The built-in motion sensor senses when the device is placed on the desk or held in the hand and selects the microphone accordingly to suit the recording situation. The motion sensor switches automatically into stand-by mode when the device is idle. Once the Pocket Memo is picked up again, it’s ready to record within seconds.
- ROBUST AND ERGONOMIC DESIGN. The asymmetrical and ergonomic shape fits perfectly into your hand. Its slim and lightweight design maximizes comfort, even when working over longer periods of time. The brushed stainless steel creates a robust and highly durable protective shell around the device.
- LARGE HIGH RESOLUTION COLOR DISPLAY. The large full-color display offers sharp images, making it easier to see everything at first glance. The clear user interface is optimized for easy, intuitive operation.
- CLASSIC MODE. Many users still love their analog devices for their simplicity and user-friendliness. The optional classic mode gives the user the look and feel of working with an analog device while retaining the advantages of digital technology and keep focused on the essentials.
- EXTENDED BATTERY RUNTIME. The high-capacity Li-ion battery can be easily charged through a standard micro USB jack. The integrated light and motion sensors guarantee extended battery life. The smart technology adjusts the brightness of the display and switches automatically into stand-by mode when the device is idle, ensuring that your recorder will always be ready to work when you are.
- DOCKING STATION. The stable and superior docking station provides speedy charging and automatic transfer of your recording to your computer. With an optional foot control connected, the docking station enables hands-free recording and transcription even without a computer.
- REMOTE CONFIGURATION AND MAINTENANCE. The Philips SpeechExec Remote Device Manager software allows IT administrators to centrally manage, configure and update dictation hardware from Philips, saving valuable time and resources. Managing device settings for individuals, groups and teams or the whole organization is easily done remotely.
- HIGH DATA SECURITY. Recordings can be encrypted in real time using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES or Rijndael Algorithm) with a key length of 256 bits. AES provides a very high degree of security and has been approved in the USA for the most highly classified government information. The device itself can be assigned a PIN code to protect against unauthorized use or file playback.
- OPTIONAL WLAN ADAPTER. Files can easily be uploaded without a PC straight to the network, simplifying and speeding up the dictation workflow. This way of working reduces total cost of IT ownership and maintenance, as well as allowing central administration. Through an administration software tool you can remotely configure several WLAN adapters.
Philips LFH-8000 Digital Pocket Memo - Package Contents:
- Philips DPM 8000 Digital Voice Recorder
- Philips Micro SDHC Memory Card
- Li-ion 1000mAh Battery
- Docking Station
- Micro-USB cable
- Leather Carrying Case
- User Manual