This version of Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 includes the Philips SpeechMike Air SMP-4000 – a wireless handheld microphone specially designed for enhanced physician productivity, providing ergonomic control of both standard dictation and speech recognition functions. Benefit from all advantages of the industry leading dictation microphone, without the constraints of a cable. Record your voice using a premium decoupled studio-quality microphone with a built-in noise reduction filter and achieve exceptional speech recognition results.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4. Out-of-the-box affordability. Out-of-the-ordinary performance.
Quickly and easily create high-quality clinical documentation at the point of care with Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4. Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 is the final word in speech recognition. Over 10,000 healthcare facilities and 500,000 physicians worldwide use Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 to ensure 300 million patient stories get told accurately every year.
Cutting-edge technology brings efficiency to the clinic environment. Powered by a next generation speech engine, Nuance® Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 4 achieves 99% accuracy out of the box without voice profile training. Physicians and other health care providers navigate and dictate medical decision-making and treatment plans directly into a patient’s electronic record and spend less time typing or clicking in the EHR. Available for independent practices of 24 or fewer physicians, Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 is a locally-installed solution designed and priced especially for smaller practices that want to transform the documentation process.
Clinicians dictate in their own words anywhere in the EHR—faster and more accurately than ever before.
- Boost documentation efficiency for more time with patients. Quick and accurate performance allows clinicians to create text up to 5x faster than typing, improving EHR usability. Use voice to navigate, dictate and edit content inside EHR fields for increased productivity.
- Improve documentation quality to better inform care teams and administrative staff. More complete and accurate documentation not only provides richer patient details to the care team, but also ensures appropriate reimbursement for the care delivered.
- Save money, speed up turnaround time, grow revenue. When clinicians create and self edit their own documentation, data is available immediately and costs associated with transcriptionists are eliminated. When clinicians have time to see more patients, practice profitability can grow.
Superior speech recognition, amplified for medical use
Distinct from non-medical speech recognition, Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 combines 90 medical specialty and subspecialty vocabularies with acoustic models based on the unique way physicians speak—audio, syntax, style and structure—resulting in remarkable accuracy. Advanced Deep Learning technology constantly learns and adapts to voice and environmental variations—even during dictation—to refine performance. Dictate for real-time speech to text or transcribe audio recordings to create clinical documentation.
Simple setup, easy-to-use functions, dependable performance
In as little as 60 seconds, users gain access to uninterrupted, high-quality speech recognition even where reliable internet is not widely available—all with no profile training, and with dynamic microphone adjustment. Options and settings are consolidated into one easy-to-use dialog box for easy management of profile and auto-formatting options. A movable DragonBar provides easy access to popular features and automatically collapses when not in use. Customized macros for frequently dictated text can be created with a single voice command.
Optimized for portable touchscreens
Along with high performance on modern desktop and laptop Windows computers, Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 delivers documentation productivity on the go through compatibility with Windows 10 touchscreen devices. Hybrid touch and keyboard interaction work seamlessly for controlling the DragonBar and other features.
Dictate within applications and EHR textbox fields, or use the Dragon dictation box to compose content—insert auto-texts, navigate template fields, dictate and edit—and transfer text with a simple voice command. Use voice to interact with websites and web-based applications.
Reliable security and unwavering availability
Dragon Medical Practice Edition supports HIPAA requirements for patient security and confidentiality by employing secure encryption methods throughout the workflow.
Enhanced in-app help
Dragon Medical provides relevant, helpful tips during use, as well as easy access to popular help searches and topics. Accelerate proficiency and make the most of all available functionality.
Medical focus delivers unparalleled accuracy
Refined for medical dictation and distinct from nonmedical Dragon offerings, Dragon Medical Practice Edition is biased to a medical context for superior performance. More than 500,000 physicians worldwide use Dragon Medical solutions to document clinical records and dictate correspondence, making it the most widely trusted speech recognition solution for physicians.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 – Key Features:
- Medical vocabularies and acoustic models tuned for the way clinicians speak. Includes vocabularies for over 90 medical specialty and subspecialties.
- Regional accent support. Advanced adaptation techniques and accent-specific acoustic models ensures high speech recognition accuracy.
- Simplified interaction with EHRs. Eliminate navigation back to EHR screens with a hidden dictation box.
- Dragon Medical template library. Includes a full library of AutoTexts for standard notes and “medical normals” by body system.
- Smart configuration. Automatically detects hardware resources and determines the best use of infrastructure for optimal performance.
- No internet connection required. Locally-installed speech recognition ensures uninterrupted access.
- Recognition analytics. Automatically detects poor audio input and alerts the user with advice to remedy the situation and ensure high-accuracy results.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 – System Requirements:
- Windows 7, 8.1, 10 (32- and 64-bit); Windows Server 2008 R2 & 2012 R2 & 2016
- CPU: Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. Faster processors yield faster performance
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB
- Free hard disk space: 4GB (8GB download)
- Internet Explorer 11 or higher or the current version of Chrome or Firefox
- A sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- Built-in microphone or a Nuance-approved microphone. (See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information)
- An Internet connection to activate user license and access to Online Help
Philips SpeechMike Air SMP-4000 (Push Button Model)
Philips SpeechMike Air SMP-4000 (Push Button Model) - desktop dictation goes mobile with patented lossless speech technology.
The Philips SpeechMike Premium has reached its highest stage of evolution. Benefit from all advantages of the industry leading dictation microphone, without the constraints of a cable. Record your voice using a premium decoupled studio-quality microphone with a built-in noise reduction filter and achieve exceptional speech recognition results. Thanks to the revolutionary patented lossless speech technology, the SpeechMike Premium Air offers maximum mobility without any compromises. The device achieves the same high speech recognition performance as the standard SpeechMike Premium with a cable.
Philips SpeechMike Air SMP-4000 (Push Button Model) – Key Features:
- Studio-quality microphone for best-in-class speech recognition results. The SpeechMike Premium Air comes with a studio-quality microphone and a built-in tripple layer noise reduction filter for clearest recordings and most accurate speech recognition results.
- Decoupled free-floating microphone for precise recordings without background noise. The free-floating microphone is decoupled from the device’s housing, which guarantees that almost no background, touch, click, air or structure-borne noise is recorded.
- Integrated motion sensor mutes microphone when not in use. Being on the cutting edge of technology, the SpeechMike Premium Air comes with an integrated motion sensor, meaning it can be controlled by the movement of your hand. It detects when it’s put on the table, mutes the microphone, and once it is being picked up again it unmutes the microphone. In addition to that, custom events can be programmed, e.g., to pause and to continue the recording.
- Patented 100% lossless speech technology for smooth wireless voice recording. Uncompressed wireless recording enables free movement and pacing whilst working. You can easily move up to 5 meters or 16 feet away from your workstation and your recordings are safely transmitted to your computer in highest quality, without any interruptions. The cutting edge technology ensures every word is captured from the moment you press record.
- Superior docking station for high-speed wireless charging and smart pairing. The stable and innovative docking station provides wireless high-speed charging and easy pairing between your device and the docking station. Users can be flexible and work with various docking stations in different places. With an optional foot control connected, the docking station enables hands-free recording.
- Freely configurable buttons and modes for a personalized device. You can freely configure the buttons on your device or use the pre-installed Secured Dragon Mode. This mode pre-configures the buttons, optimizing them for use with Dragon speech recognition software. It requires no additional driver installation, making set up easy, even in virtual environments.
- Wear-free push buttons for comfortable operation. The Philips SpeechMike Air LFH-4000 (Push Button Model) comes with push-button operation.
- Antimicrobial housing and buttons for durable hygienic working. The housing of the SpeechMike Premium Air is made of antimicrobial synthetics that work against a wide range of different microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, fungi or algae. The polished, high quality pearl metal surface also makes the device non-sensitive to touch noises and fingerprints.
- Superior touch sensor for integrated mouse function. The device comes with a dust and dirt resistant touch sensor for superior quality. This allows the user to easily control and navigate within applications while recording, without having to switch between the mouse and microphone.
- Optional Hands-free recording for comfortable working. An optional foot control can be connected directly to the docking station and used for comfortable hands-free recording control.
- Smart, backwards compatible firmware for extra flexibility. Customers can upgrade from their previous SpeechMike model without installing additional software. For integrators, this means no changes need to be implemented and the existing SDK can be used. The SpeechMike Premium Air is compatible with Mac and Windows operating systems, as well as virtual environments such as Citrix, VM Ware and Hyper-V. It can be configured using SpeechControl, the convenient Philips hardware management tool.
- Philips SpeechMike Air SMP-4000 (Push Button Model
- Docking station ACC4000
- Power supply with international adapters: US, UK, Europe, Asia Pacific
- 2 USB cables
- Quick start guide