This version of Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 includes the Nuance PowerMic III, specially designed for enhanced physician productivity, providing ergonomic control of both standard dictation and speech recognition functions. The Nuance PowerMic III is specially designed for enhanced physician productivity, providing ergonomic control of both standard dictation and speech recognition functions. The Nuance PowerMic III microphone offers simplified, thumb-control operation for dictating, navigating, reviewing, and editing speech recognition generated documentation.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4. Out-of-the-box affordability. Out-of-the-ordinary performance.
Quickly and easily create high-quality clinical documentation at the point of care with Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4. Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 is the final word in speech recognition. Over 10,000 healthcare facilities and 500,000 physicians worldwide use Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 to ensure 300 million patient stories get told accurately every year.
Cutting-edge technology brings efficiency to the clinic environment. Powered by a next generation speech engine, Nuance® Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 4 achieves 99% accuracy out of the box without voice profile training. Physicians and other health care providers navigate and dictate medical decision-making and treatment plans directly into a patient’s electronic record and spend less time typing or clicking in the EHR. Available for independent practices of 24 or fewer physicians, Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 is a locally-installed solution designed and priced especially for smaller practices that want to transform the documentation process.
Clinicians dictate in their own words anywhere in the EHR—faster and more accurately than ever before.
- Boost documentation efficiency for more time with patients. Quick and accurate performance allows clinicians to create text up to 5x faster than typing, improving EHR usability. Use voice to navigate, dictate and edit content inside EHR fields for increased productivity.
- Improve documentation quality to better inform care teams and administrative staff. More complete and accurate documentation not only provides richer patient details to the care team, but also ensures appropriate reimbursement for the care delivered.
- Save money, speed up turnaround time, grow revenue. When clinicians create and self edit their own documentation, data is available immediately and costs associated with transcriptionists are eliminated. When clinicians have time to see more patients, practice profitability can grow.
Superior speech recognition, amplified for medical use
Distinct from non-medical speech recognition, Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 combines 90 medical specialty and subspecialty vocabularies with acoustic models based on the unique way physicians speak—audio, syntax, style and structure—resulting in remarkable accuracy. Advanced Deep Learning technology constantly learns and adapts to voice and environmental variations—even during dictation—to refine performance. Dictate for real-time speech to text or transcribe audio recordings to create clinical documentation.
Simple setup, easy-to-use functions, dependable performance
In as little as 60 seconds, users gain access to uninterrupted, high-quality speech recognition even where reliable internet is not widely available—all with no profile training, and with dynamic microphone adjustment. Options and settings are consolidated into one easy-to-use dialog box for easy management of profile and auto-formatting options. A movable DragonBar provides easy access to popular features and automatically collapses when not in use. Customized macros for frequently dictated text can be created with a single voice command.
Optimized for portable touchscreens
Along with high performance on modern desktop and laptop Windows computers, Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 delivers documentation productivity on the go through compatibility with Windows 10 touchscreen devices. Hybrid touch and keyboard interaction work seamlessly for controlling the DragonBar and other features.
Dictate within applications and EHR textbox fields, or use the Dragon dictation box to compose content—insert auto-texts, navigate template fields, dictate and edit—and transfer text with a simple voice command. Use voice to interact with websites and web-based applications.
Reliable security and unwavering availability
Dragon Medical Practice Edition supports HIPAA requirements for patient security and confidentiality by employing secure encryption methods throughout the workflow.
Enhanced in-app help
Dragon Medical provides relevant, helpful tips during use, as well as easy access to popular help searches and topics. Accelerate proficiency and make the most of all available functionality.
Medical focus delivers unparalleled accuracy
Refined for medical dictation and distinct from nonmedical Dragon offerings, Dragon Medical Practice Edition is biased to a medical context for superior performance. More than 500,000 physicians worldwide use Dragon Medical solutions to document clinical records and dictate correspondence, making it the most widely trusted speech recognition solution for physicians.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 – Key Features:
- Medical vocabularies and acoustic models tuned for the way clinicians speak. Includes vocabularies for over 90 medical specialty and subspecialties.
- Regional accent support. Advanced adaptation techniques and accent-specific acoustic models ensures high speech recognition accuracy.
- Simplified interaction with EHRs. Eliminate navigation back to EHR screens with a hidden dictation box.
- Dragon Medical template library. Includes a full library of AutoTexts for standard notes and “medical normals” by body system.
- Smart configuration. Automatically detects hardware resources and determines the best use of infrastructure for optimal performance.
- No internet connection required. Locally-installed speech recognition ensures uninterrupted access.
- Recognition analytics. Automatically detects poor audio input and alerts the user with advice to remedy the situation and ensure high-accuracy results.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 – System Requirements:
- Windows 7, 8.1, 10 (32- and 64-bit); Windows Server 2008 R2 & 2012 R2 & 2016
- CPU: Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. Faster processors yield faster performance
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB
- Free hard disk space: 4GB (8GB download)
- Internet Explorer 11 or higher or the current version of Chrome or Firefox
- A sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- Built-in microphone or a Nuance-approved microphone. (See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information)
- An Internet connection to activate user license and access to Online Help
Nuance PowerMic III - Speech Recognition Hand Microphone
High-quality physician dictation microphone with PC mouse functions. Nuance PowerMic III is specially designed to enhance clinician productivity, providing ergonomic control of both standard dictation and speech recognition functions.
Nuance PowerMic III microphone offers simplified, thumb-control operation for dictating, navigating, reviewing, and editing speech recognition generated documentation.
Full Dictation Control: Nuance PowerMic III advances clinician PC dictation to a new level, making it easier and faster to control voice recording, navigate and select fields in on-screen templates and standard reports, and move through recognized text reports for review and editing. In addition to providing complete dictation control, Nuance PowerMic III incorporates full-function, Microsoft compatible, PC mouse capabilities into the microphone to reduce the need for care givers to move between the microphone, mouse, and keyboard.
With Nuance PowerMic III, clinicians can rapidly navigate report template fields, then record and use voice fill-in capabilities to insert recognized text into report templates. By combining an ergonomic hand microphone with PC mouse functions, clinicians gain new levels of dictation speed, ease-of-use, and productivity.