The Dragonfly generates a silky extended top-end while gently accentuating the lower frequencies that thicken thin signal sources. Enclosed within a rotating spherical grill, the capsule can be positioned and adjusted in the smallest of spaces. This innovative design offers fine-tuning and precise placement to please the most discerning recordist, combined with an ease of use that is without equal among either vintage or contemporary microphones. The Dragonfly is ideally suited for high-frequency sources like alto and soprano vocals, acoustic guitar, drum overheads, electric guitar, and saxophone.
The Blue Dragonfly Microphone employs an innovative design to offer you fine tuning and precise placement. The Dragonfly mic will please the most discerning recordist. Combines ease of use that is without equal among contemporary microphones with a price that is considerably less than anything in its class.
The Dragonfly is a unique pressure-gradient cardioid condenser microphone, employing Blue's hand-built single-membrane large-diaphragm capsule coated with a 6-micron mylar film of pure gold and aluminum. Enclosed within a rotating spherical grille, the capsule can be positioned and adjusted in the smallest spaces. Complete with an integrated elastic shockmount, the microphone's electronics are based on a Class-A discrete circuit, with a transformerless output. The Dragonfly mic's sonic character gives flight to everything from vocals to percussion, electric guitar and bass, as well as more difficult sources such as saxophones and stringed instruments.
Dragonfly Microphone Specs:
- Type of Mic amplifier: Solid State Discrete class A
- Type of Transducer: Pressure gradient
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz—20,000 Hz
- Rated source impedance: 50 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: not less than 1000 ohms
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa
- Signal to noise ratio: 69db (related to 1 PA at 1khz) Max.
- Sound Pressure Level for 0.5% THD: 132db
- Power Requirements: 48 volt phantom (DIN 45596, IEC8 15)
- Net weight: 640g
- Dimensions: 235mm x 45mm
- Connector: 3 pin XLR-type