The eMedia Guitar For Dummies CD-ROM is a fun and easy way to learn guitar quickly. Learn to play acoustic or electric guitar at your own pace with techniques demonstrated in full-motion videos. Have fun playing along with live recorded songs or MIDI tracks that you can slow down or speed up.
Interactive Educational Software
• Over 80 step-by-step video-enhanced lessons.
• Over 50 songs with recorded audio and variable-speed MIDI tracks.
• Over 40 high-quality videos with full-screen option.
• Animated fretboard displays fingering positions as the music plays.
Your teacher is professional guitarist Kevin Garry, Ph.D., from the University of Colorado at Boulder. The excellent teaching he offers in this method will help you become a good guitarist and offers exceptional value.
Discover How To:
• String and tune your guitar.
• Play simple chords, full chords, power chords, and slash chords.
• Use different strumming styles, such as folk, rock, blues, as well as syncopated rhythms.
Lessons include high quality videos, live-recorded music, our Animated Fretboard that shows you where to put your fingers, and much more! Guitar For Dummies also includes an automatic tuner, recorder, chord dictionary and metronome.
Everything You Need to Get Started!
• Automatic tuner – tune your guitar quickly and easily!
• Chord dictionary – includes fingering chart and recorded sound for over 250 chords.
• Metronome – set your own speed and keep a steady beat.
• Recorder – save recordings and play them back to share and compare.
Learning guitar is made fun with over 40 songs, including famous hits from artists such as Bob Dylan, the Grateful Dead, and Steve Miller. Many of the songs are recorded live with multi-track full band accompaniment. As the songs play, an Animated Fretboard guides you through the fingerings, and MIDI tracks allow you to slow down and loop parts of the music for practice.
Play Hit Songs!
40 songs including:
• “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” Acoustic version – Bob Dylan
• “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” Rock version – in the style of Guns N’ Roses
• “Little Red Rooster” - Made famous by the Rolling Stones
• “Scarborough Fair” - Various artists
• “Downtown Train” - Made famous by Rod Stewart
• “Midnight Special” - Made famous by Creedence Clearwater Revival
• “Uncle John’s Band” - The Grateful Dead
• “La Bamba” - Made famous by Richie Valens
• “Rock ‘N Me” - The Steve Miller Band
• ... and many more!