Play Better Lead and Rhythm Guitar! Learn Scales, Jazz Chords, Fingerpicking Patterns, Theory, and More.
Enhance both rhythm guitar and lead guitar technique with eMedia Intermediate Guitar Method. This complete method features over 170 guitar lessons designed to advance your playing, and was created by Kevin Garry, Ph.D., University of Colorado-Boulder, a music professor and award-winning gutarist.
Learn guitar scales, Travis fingerpicking, new strumming patterns, barre chords, and cool licks plus string bending and vibrato techniques. Get familiar with the basics of music theory and improvisation.
Master solos like the ones Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix made famous! Lessons use guitar songs and classic riffs to keep learning fun. Easily select between music notation or guitar tab views, and slow passages down and loop them to make learning easier. eMedia Interactive Feedback technology (not found in video guitar lessons) helps you to learn faster as the computer listens to you play.
“The ultimate way to learn how to play guitar!”
- Peter Frampton, multi-platinum songwriter/guitarist
“A great way to learn guitar independently and at your own speed.”
- Musician Magazine
“I used to teach guitar, and eMedia’s Guitar Method is the greatest because it centers around playing songs.”
- Nancy Wilson, guitarist/vocalist of Heart
eMedia Intermediate Guitar Method v3 Features include:
• An Animated Fretboard, which shows you fingerings for guitar chords, guitar scales, notes, and exercises.
• The Note and Finger Tracker tool, which can display the melody notes you play in real time, both as guitar notes (music notation) and on the fretboard, with correctly played notes highlighted as you play.
• Music theory lessons covering the circle of fifths with guitar theory lessons on intervals, constructing guitar chords (incl. jazz chords and extensions), and guitar scales. These help you learn how to play lead guitar, rhythm guitar, and improvisation.
• A scale directory of crucial guitar scales, including major, minor, blues, and pentatonic scales with recordings and complete scale fingerings.
• Over 40 songs, with hits made famous by Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck, Jerry Garcia, Steve Miller, and others. Hit songs include: “All Along the Watchtower” made famous by Bob Dylan & Jimi Hendrix, “Spoonful” made famous by Eric Clapton, Willie Dixon, and The Rolling Stones, “Jet Airliner” by The Steve Miller Band, “Drive On” by Johnny Cash, “Time in a Bottle” by Jim Croce, “Für Elise” by Ludwig van Beethoven, “Malagueña” by Ernesto Lecuona, “Touch of Grey” by the Grateful Dead, “I’m Your Captain/Closer to Home” by Grand Funk Railroad, and “Too Much to Lose” by made famous by Jeff Beck.
• Guitar lessons and songs in both guitar tabs (tablature) and standard music notation.
• Videos with split-screen view with close-ups of both hands.
• Songs and lessons as both audio and variable-speed MIDI tracks where selections can be looped, slowed or sped up.
• Guitar tools that include an Automatic Tuner, Chord Dictionary, Audio Recorder, Scale Directory, and Metronome.