Electronic Software Download (ESD). This order will be delivered electronically. Customers ordering this item will receive an email message within a 24-48 hours of placement of their order with instructions on downloading the software.
Learning music theory has become fun and easy! Music Theory Tutor Volume 1 features over 230 engaging lessons that teach music theory with images, audio, interactive tests, and many examples. Based on your responses and skill level, an Intelligent Practice feature will guide you through the detailed curriculum and help you learn crucial musical elements such as rhythm, melody, and harmony. Many lessons let you enter pitches simply by humming, singing, or playing your instrument into the computer’s microphone. Tap rhythms, sing back melodies, guess intervals, and much more. Music Theory Tutor Volume 1 shows you when you are playing or singing the correct pitches in a lesson and lets you see your progress. Gain confidence as you pass quizzes at the end of each subject and ace tests at the end of every grade level completion.
In Music Theory Tutor Volume 1, you’ll learn about the building blocks of music and begin to hear musical keys, scales, intervals, chords, and rhythms “in your head” so you can compose without an instrument and learn songs faster.
• A step-by-step curriculum of over 230 lessons by Dr. Gregory Simon, who holds a doctorate in composition from the University of Michigan.
• Intelligent Practice tracks your progress and automatically selects questions to improve weak spots.
• Both music theory and basic ear training combined into a single, beautifully designed application.
• The ability to view answer statistics for tests to measure your progress.
• Satisfies Canadian school requirements for music grades 1-5.
• Covers rhythm fundamentals including tempo, counting beats, measures, and values for notes and rests.
• Teaches recognition of simple and compound time signatures (including 4/4, 3/4, 9/8, and cut time).
• Interactive lessons for learning to read music, including clefs, note pitches, names, and note rhythmic values including dotted and beamed notes.
• Trains your ear to recognize note direction and motion, notes, intervals, and scales plus major, minor, and diminished chords.
• Lessons on major and minor scale construction, and intervals (perfect fourths, fifths, tritones, etc.).
• Music construction lessons covering the roles of melody and harmony roles, unstable notes and note resolution.
• Chord theory lessons on creating major scale triads (major, minor, and diminished chords), chord progressions based on the major scale, chord functions within progressions (tonic, dominant, subdominant, etc.), the roman numeral system (I, IV, V, etc.), the basics of key signatures, and cadence.
• Solfege and sight singing.
"Well-thought-out music training application."
"This is a very, very cool tool for music teachers or any Mac user who wants to improve their singing or understanding of music."
"Ear Teacher offers a thoughtful, step-by-step introduction to ear training."
- Dr. Erik Steighner, saxophonist and music teacher
Macintosh Minimum System Requirements
10.6 or later
2.2GHz CPU, 2GB RAM
300MB of hard drive space