Garritan Jazz and Big Band 3 Virtual Instrument
Garritan Jazz & Big Band 3 is state-of-the-art software that reproduces the sounds of the musical instruments in a jazz and big band, right from your computer. This award-winning collection is the first library of its kind and set a new standard.
Garritan Jazz & Big Band 3 features trumpets, trombones, comprehensive 16 Saxophones collection, winds, keyboards, basses, rhythm section - over 50 individual instruments. Create realistic-sounding Jazz & Big Band arrangements quickly and easily.
Garritan Jazz and Big Band 3 – Features:
- ARIA Advanced Instrument Engine. The latest version of Jazz & Big Band includes the advanced new ARIA engine. The ARIA engine is a highly-optimized sample player featuring efficient performance, fast sample loading, and low CPU-demand. The ARIA engine is in use in products from Microsoft, SONY, AKAI and MakeMusic and is extensively tested. It works as a Standalone, Plug-in (VST - AudioUnits -RTAS), and supported notation programs.
- Additional Instruments and Ensemble Presets. In addition to JABB's 50+ instruments (see instrument list below), this new version includes seven organs, slap basses, harmonica and banjo. There are also extended ranges on some instruments and Ensemble Presets.
- Integrated Ambience & Stereo Stage. JABB3 now integrates the high quality Ambience reverb with the ARIA Player and has individual mixing sends for each instrument. Stereo Stage imparts spacious stereo imagery for the GPO4 instruments.
- MIDI Playback and Recording Features. The Standalone ARIA Player allows you to load and playback MIDI files. You can also produce audio recordings of the MIDI file or record yourself playing live!
Garritan Jazz and Big Band 3 – Instrument List:
- 16 Saxophones: Sopranino saxophone, Mezzo Soprano sax, 3 Soprano saxophones, (2 straight, 1 curved), 3 Alto saxophones, C Melody saxophone, 3 Tenor saxophones, Baritone sax, Bass saxophone, Contrabass saxophone, Sub-contrabass saxophone, plus derivative ensemble instruments.
- 6 Trumpets (with mutes): 5 Bb Trumpets (all with extended range, one with extreme range), Open, straight mute, cup mute, Harmon mute, bucket mute, Flugelhorn, Plus derivative ensemble instruments
- 5 Trombones (with mutes). Including 4 Tenor Trombones, Bass Trombone, Open, straight mute, cup mute, Harmon mute, bucket mute. Plus derivative ensemble instruments
- 6 Additional Winds. Piccolo, Alto Flute, C Flute, Bb Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Tuba. Plus derivative ensemble instruments
- 3 Keyboards. Steinway B grand piano, Vintage electric piano, Jazz Accordion, Rock Organ
- 3 Guitars. 2 Electric guitars, Acoustic guitar
- 6 Basses. 2 Upright acoustic basses, 2 Fretless electric basses, 2 Fretted electric basses
- 3 Drum Kits. Classic Stick kits, Fusion Stick Kit, plus separate instruments (kick, snare, toms, hi-hat, cymbals), Brush kit (with controllable stirs) plus separate instruments
- Percussion. Vibraphone (hard and soft mallets), Wide variety of percussion including Latin percussion, bongos, congas, timbales, wood blocks, bells, whistles, etc.
Garritan Jazz and Big Band 3 – System Requirements:
Running Jazz & Big Band is dependent on the speed of your computer. The faster the processor, the better. The ARIA audio engine is designed to make use of the processing power of your computer's CPU. The powerful and complex algorithms of the ARIA Player work best on modern and fast CPUs. Please also observe the systems requirements of your host application.
- 2 GB of free hard disk space.
- DVD Drive.
- PC: Core 2 Duo CPU or better recommended.
- Mac: MacIntel required; OS X 10.5 (32Bit),- OS X 10.6 and 10.7 (32Bit & 64Bit).
- The ARIA Player needs a soundcard for playing the sounds of Jazz & Big Band. Standard DirectSound, MME or ASIO drivers required; Windows-compatible MIDI hardware if required.
- A MIDI interface is required if you are using a MIDI keyboard, another MIDI controller or an external sequencer. The MIDI interface integrated in many sound cards can also be used.
- To play and entire big band arrangement, we recommend 1 GB of RAM or more. There is a direct correlation between the number of instruments that can be loaded and the amount of available RAM. The more RAM available the better.