Garritan Personal Orchestra 5 gives you a complete orchestra - strings, brass, woodwinds, percussion, keyboards and more. Garritan Personal Orchestra 5 is a major new update, now with more than 500 instruments to choose from. Also included are a wide variety of instrument-specific articulations and techniques, performance spaces and reverbs, and instrument body resonances, all engineered to provide incredible realism and authenticity to your music.
You can produce breathtaking orchestral music
Garritan Personal Orchestra democratized the creation of orchestral music by making a comprehensive collection of virtual orchestral instruments both accessible and affordable. GPO 5 continues in this tradition by vastly expanding the number of included instruments and offering new techniques, performance spaces and reverbs, and instrument body resonances. The result empowers you to produce truly inspiring symphonic sounds with a much higher level of realism.
Create ensembles of varying sizes with individual instruments
- Enjoy the highest quality collection of orchestral instruments ever sampled. All of the major instruments of the orchestra are included: strings, brass, woodwinds, percussion, and keyboards.
- Build your orchestra one instrument at a time, exactly as you wish. Create solos, duos, trios, quartets, chamber groups, ensembles, sections or a full symphony orchestra.
- Play divisi and separate lines for each instrument; be free from fixed-size section samples.
- Experience each instrument's own individual character and nuance; they are individually expressive and can interact with each other just like genuine players.
- Select from a collection of pre-configured instrumental combinations for your convenience.
- Trumpets. Solo piccolo trumpet, Three first trumpet players, First trumpet solo, Three second trumpet players, Second trumpet solo, Solo and three trumpet players with straight mute, Two trumpet overlays, Three SAM trumpet players, SAM trumpet section, SAM trumpet solo, SAM solo piccolo trumpet
- Trombones. First bass trombone solo, Second bass trombone solo, SAM bass trombone solo, Three SAM trombone players, SAM trombone section, SAM trombone solo, Two trombone overlays, Three trombone players, Trombone solo, Solo and three trombone players with mute
- French Horns. Three first French horn players, First French horn solo, Three second French horn players, Second French horn solo, Three French horn overlays, Solo and three French horn players with mute, Three SAM French horn players, SAM French horn section, SAM French horn solo
- Tubas. Contratuba solo, SAM tuba solo, First tuba solo, Second tuba solo, Two tuba overlays
Keyboards, Harps and Choirs:
- Keyboards. Celesta, Two Concert D grand pianos, Two Studio B grand pianos, Two glass armonicas, Harpsichord, Five pipe organ mixes and combinations, Nine individual pipe organ stops, Custom pipe organ console with 74 individual stops
- Harps. Two chromatic harps, Concert grand harp, Two glissando harps, Two harp harmonics, Two pedal mode glissando harps
- Choirs. Two soprano articulations, Soprano solo with and without vibrato, Two alto articulations, Two tenor articulations, Two bass articulations, Three boys choir articulations, Three children's choir articulations, Full choir
- Unpitched. Basic orchestra percussion, Bass drum, Cymbals, Orchestral quad toms, Percussion accessories, Snares, Wind machine
- Pitched. Crotales, Glockenspiel, Handbells, Two marimbas, Three timpani, Tubular bells, Two vibraphones, Xylophone
- Solo Strings. Nine violin solo techniques, Five viola solo techniques, Six cello solo techniques, Four bass solo techniques
- Violins. Solo Stradivari Violin, Solo Gagliano Violin, Solo Guarneri Violin, 9 Violins for Ensembles, 1st Violin Section (12 Players), 2nd Violin Section (10 Players)
- Violas. Solo Viola, 3 Violas for Ensembles, Viola Section (10 Players)
- Cellos. Solo Gofriller Cello, Solo Montagnana Cello, Solo Pierray Cello, 9 Cellos for Ensembles, Cello Section (8 Players)
- Basses. Solo Double Bass, 3 Double Basses for Sections, Double Bass Section (7 Players)
- Small Sections. Six first 3-violin group techniques, Five second 3-violin group techniques, Seven 6-violin group techniques, Three 4-viola group techniques, Three 3-cello group techniques, Three 2-bass group techniques
- Section Strings. Two violin sections sustaining bow strokes (10 violins and 22 violins), Eight first violin section short bow strokes, Eight second violin section short bow strokes, Eleven first violin section additional techniques (col legno, harmonics, pizzicato), Nine second violin section additional techniques (col legno, harmonics, pizzicato), Viola section sustaining bow strokes, Five viola section short bow strokes, Eight viola section additional techniques (col legno, harmonics, pizzicato), Cello section sustaining bow strokes, Seven cello section short bow strokes, Ten cello section additional techniques (col legno, harmonics, pizzicato), Bass section sustaining bow strokes, Three bass section short bow strokes, Four bass section additional techniques (col legno, pizzicato), Five full strings, Six strings section effects
- Flutes. Solo Flute, 3 Flutes for Ensembles, Piccolo, Alto Flute, Bass Flute
- Clarinets. Solo Bb Clarinet, 3 Clarinets for Ensembles, Eb Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, 3 Bass Clarinets for Ensembles, Contrabass Clarinet
- Double Reeds. Solo Oboe (Two Soloists), 3 Oboes for Ensembles, English Horn (Two Soloists), Solo Bassoon (Two Soloists), 3 Bassoons for Ensembles), Contrabassoon (Two Soloists)
- Microsoft Windows 7 or later. Audio interface compatible with ASIO or DirectSound.
- Multi-core processor recommended.
- 4GB RAM minimum.
- At least 16GB of free hard drive space.
- Dedicated hard drive with a speed of at least 7200 RPM recommended; SSD is preferred.
- Internet connection required for download version, updates, and online registration.
- USB port required for boxed product installation.