Guitar Method for MacOS
Electronic Software Download (ESD). This order will be delivered electronically. Customers ordering this item will receive an email message within a 24-48 hours of placement of their order with instructions on downloading the software.
The best-selling eMedia Guitar Method, featuring guitar lessons from University of Colorado-Boulder's Kevin Garry, Ph.D., is the most complete guitar instruction software available today. Plus eMedia Interactive Feedback technologies make understanding the lessons easier, so you learn how to play guitar faster.
Over 180 easy-to-follow guitar lessons take you from basics, such as how to tune a guitar and play simple chords, to fingerpicking, how to read guitar tabs and music notation, and more. Interactive Feedback on melodies, which is unique to this method, helps you learn quickly. Over 70 easy guitar songs, including hits such as “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” and “Rock’n Me” make learning fun!
Guitar Method Features:
- More than 50 videos, with split-screen view and close-ups of both hands, show you the techniques needed to learn how to play guitar.
- Over 180 guitar lessons by Kevin Garry, Ph.D, award-winning guitarist and Professor of Music, cover rock, blues, folk and classical to teach you how to play guitar in a variety of styles.
- Integrated guitar software tools include an automatic guitar tuner, chord chart/dictionary, fingering charts, and metronome.
- eMedia’s Animated Fretboard shows fingerings for chords and notes.
- Note Tracker and Finger Tracker technology displays the notes you’re playing in staff notation and on the Animated Fretboard as the guitar software listens to your playing via the computer microphone. Students even see correctly played notes in melodies highlighted as they play them.
- Easy guitar lessons for beginners teach you how to read guitar tabs (tablature), easy chords and guitar notes (music notation).
- Over 70 songs, including hits made famous by Bob Dylan, Steve Miller, the Rolling Stones, and others to make guitar lessons fun!
- Songs and exercises appear as both audio and MIDI tracks that can be looped, slowed down, or sped up.