Electronic Software Download (ESD). This order will be delivered electronically. Customers ordering this item will receive an email message within a 24-48 hours of placement of their order with instructions on downloading the software.
Advanced Architectural 2D Drafting & 3D Design 2017 STEM Solution combines TurboCAD Pro Platinum, Architectural Tutorial Bundle for Turbo CAD Pro, 2D/3D Pro Training Guides, Animation Lab, Beam Analysis, Google Maps, and Hatch Pattern Creator in a comprehensive curriculum.
Given today’s ultra competitive job market with applicants from all over the world, the successful engineering candidate needs not only breadth but depth. Focused training using industry-standard professional-grade software coupled with challenging real-world assignments will prepare the individual for work in architecture and construction. Advanced Architectural 2D Drafting and 3D Design includes:
- TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2016 with professional 2D/3D CAD tools, ACIS® solid modeling, and photorealistic rendering
- Training Guides with single-session lessons to teach common 2D and 3D skills
- Architectural Tutorial Bundle to teach specific topics such as Exterior Architectural Settings, Workplanes, and Drawing Templates
- Plug-ins that extend the power of TurboCAD Pro Platinum to animate designs, insert geo-referenced maps, quickly create repeating patterns, and analyze deflection and stresses.
TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2016 both reads and writes STL files, the standard in 3D Printing world. The Platinum version includes tools that allow for the modification of the faceting of the STL model which gives the user control over the smoothness of the printed 3D model. Other 3D printing features include surface simplification controls and a 3D Print button for 3D Systems printers.
TurboCAD Pro is delivered in a 64-bit version to load, process, and render files of nearly any size. (32-bit version is also delivered if required by your hardware.) The Turbocharged drawing engine takes advantage of GPU-based graphics cards for smooth zooming, panning, rotating, and moving as you design. And multi-threading takes advantage of multi core processors for lightning fast calculations.
Extraordinary Drafting Palette
Create associative 2D sections based on standard views or sectional planes of 3D surface or ACIS® solid models, including XREFs, and more! With more than 15 file formats for 3D models supported that may be opened directly, imported, or included via Xref that the Drafting Palette will recognize, TurboCAD Pro is a fabulous companion product.
Optimized for 3D Printing
TurboCAD Pro both reads and writes STL files, the standard in 3D Printing world. TurboCAD Pro 3D printing features include surface simplification controls and a 3D Print button for 3D Systems printers.
TurboCAD Pro includes an integrated suite of architectural tools, to include Wall, Window, Door, Roof, Stair, Marker, Schedule, and Terrains, with many more in TurboCAD Pro Platinum. And all the architectural objects have both 2D and 3D representations, so that elevations, floor plans, and ISO views are easier to document.
Mechanical Tools & 3D Modeling
TurboCAD Pro includes a complete set of 3D drawing and editing tools, surface modeling tools, and powerful ACIS® solid modeling tools, making it ideal for both single part and small assembly mechanical designs.
- 3D drawing primitives - Box, Rotated Box, Sphere, Hemisphere, Cylinder, Torus, Wedge, Cone, Polygonal, Prism
- 3D Editing and Modification Tools - Sweep, Extrude, Revolve, Loft Facet, Edit Booleans, Quick Pull
- Assembly Tools - Axis, Facet, 3-Points, Tangents, Edge & Point
- Specialized Mechanical Object Tools - Thread, Pipe, Bolt
- More available with TurboCAD Pro Platinum.
TurboCAD Pro includes tools necessary to rapidly annotate your designs. The Drafting Palette accelerates creating Views, Sections, Elevations, Floorplans, and Detail Views in numerous display styles. A full range of Dimension types that are style driven are available as well as Tables, Text, and Multi-Text tools as expected. Plus, dimension scaling in Viewports within a paper space is automatic.
TurboCAD Pro comes complete with a number of sample symbols as well as a much larger collection of parametric parts. This program also includes several special parametric symbols used in certain types of annotation that help in communicating with manufacturers.
Parametric Parts Manager
Create and consume parts that remain parametrically controlled even after insertion into your drawing. There is also a method to draw variably constrained parts and convert them to parametric parts using a wizard. Because the parts can be saved individually, like a symbol, libraries of .PPM objects can be created, shared, and reused from project to project.
Rendering & Visualization
TurboCAD Pro includes the Redway3d Redsdk drawing and rendering engine to speed design work and create stunning presentations. This drawing engine utilizes the power of supported on-board GPU or graphics boards for faster panning, zooming, and orbiting. It also provides photorealistic and artistic rendering capabilities for presenting your designs.
Lighting & Materials
A material editor, along with a complete library of materials, is included with TurboCAD Pro to define physically accurate materials, including reflective surfaces with ray tracing and radiosity. There is also support for lighting and luminance. Redsdk will substitute the materials and lighting of images previously rendered with Lightworks.
External References (Xrefs)
All of the file formats that may be opened and imported, except bitmap images, may be used as an external reference (Xref). TurboCAD offers Xref clipping for dozens of file formats and binding of Xrefs, which can then be exploded and edited. Xref layers are also easy to manage, including with layer filters. Plus, users can open, insert, or embed up to 35 file formats and export up to 28, including .DWG, .DXF (from R14 through 2015 including AutoCAD® Architecture extensions), .SKP (SketchUp™, to version 2015), .3DM (Rhinoceros®), .3DS (Autodesk® 3ds Max®), IGES, STEP, .OBJ, COLLADA (.DAE – export); and many more.
- 64-bit System Requirements: Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8* 64-bit, Windows 7 (64-bit), Vista (64-bit) - 4 GB RAM.
- 32-bit System Requirements: Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8*, Windows 7, Windows Vista**, Windows XP** - 4GB RAM.
- * TurboCAD is designed for desktops or laptops that meet the indicated system requirements. Windows RT technology used on some tablets is not supported.
- ** 32-bit version of TurboCAD Pro will run on XP and Vista platforms; however, these platforms are no longer being officially supported.