Electronic Software Download (ESD). This order will be delivered electronically. Customers ordering this item will receive an email message within a 24-48 hours of placement of their order with instructions on downloading the software.
Academic Discounted license for sale to students, teachers, schools, non-profit organizations and churches. Proof of academic or non-profit status required.
iZotope Iris 2 is iZotope’s inspiring sample-based synthesizer, combining the power of a sampler, the flexibility of a modular synth, and the fun of spectral filtering.
A virtual canvas for your audio
Iris 2 generates sound by playing back up to four audio files at once, allowing you to mix instrument samples, found sounds, and synthesizer waves into nearly unlimited combinations. The unique Spectrogram interface lets you manipulate your audio by “painting” in filters, unlocking creative filtering possibilities that would be impossible with traditional synthesizer controls.
iZotop Iris 2 – Key Features:
Spectral Filtering Tools
Tweak your sounds deeply with Iris 2?s diverse and intuitive spectral selection tools. Iris 2 makes it fun to experiment and manipulate your selections even further, with additional controls for zooming, inverting, and more.
- Spectrogram display: Visualize the frequency content of your audio and discover sonic details a traditional waveform doesn’t show you.
- Spectral Filter: Draw your own unique filter shapes and isolate specific frequencies to discover new sonic possibilities in your sample library.
- Selection tools: Use a lasso for free-hand drawing of any size or shape, an adjustable brush for more ?uid selections, and a magic wand for intelligent selection of harmonic regions.
Bring movement and expression to your sound with dynamic tremolo effects, expressive vibratos, and radical filter sweeps, all easily synced to your host tempo. Apply up to five adjustable-curve ADSR envelopes as well as five LFOs with dozens of morphing wavetable options.
- Over 100 modulatable parameters: Sculpt your signature sound using up to five LFOs, five Envelopes, MIDI Expression Controllers, and Macro Controls.
- Envelopes: Advanced ADSR envelopes let you creatively experiment with your amplitude through adjustable curves, draggable nodes, invert mode, and modulation of all four parameters.
- LFO: Morph and visualize shape changes with real-time animation. Our LFOs contain 20 different wavetable types, each with multiple shapes and a modulatable control to move between them.
- MIDI controllers and Macro controls: Attach MIDI expression controls like key tracking, velocity, aftertouch, and the mod wheel, and save assignments with your patches. Create Macro controls to control multiple parameters with a single knob in perfect proportions.
Effects and Filters
Iris 2 features some of the best of iZotope’s award-winning signal processing technology, available in Send or Master signal chains that save with every patch.
- Distortion: Add grit and saturation to your sound with six distortion filters like Tube, Clipping, and Aliasing, taken straight from iZotope’s award-winning Trash 2.
- Chorus: Supply a subtle widening or radical flanging with a spacious chorus effect, inspired by a classic ’80s synth chorus with modern flexibility and controls.
- Stereo Delay: Enjoy lush, crystal-clean decays with a tempo-syncable stereo delay. A bonus analog-modeled overdrive algorithm crunches and darkens your delayed signal like a classic tape echo or bucket-brigade pedal.
- Reverb: Expand your sense of space with a meticulously modeled Plate Reverb tailored specifically for synths, great for everything from subtle ambience to cavernous pads.
- Filters: Add a smooth, sweeping sound with 17 different filter ?avors, including classic analog Low-Pass and High-Pass filters as well as exotic Vocal Formant, Band Pass, and Peak filters from Trash 2.
Produce exciting tracks instantly with an epic library of new patches and audio samples—all included with your purchase of Iris 2.
- Inspiring new patches: Get started quickly with hundreds of compelling new patches by world-class sound designers, in categories like Leads, Keys, Bass, Rhythmic, and more.
- 11 GB sample library: Explore 11 GB of audio samples, all provided as 24-bit .WAV files for use in any sampler.
- OSC WAVs: Generate sounds from dozens of classic analog oscillator samples or oscillator waveforms (OSC WAVs), now available in all four sample pools.
- Your own sound library: Import your own audio files to craft truly one-of-a-kind sounds.
- Operating Systems:
- Mac — OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion - macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- PC — Win XP (32-bit Service Pack 3) - Win 10
- Plug-in Formats:
- AAX (64-bit), AU, RTAS (32-bit), VST, VST3
- Supported Hosts:
- Ableton Live 9 - 10, Cubase 9.5, Digital Performer 9, FL Studio 12, Logic Pro X, Nuendo 8, Pro Tools 10 - 12, Reaper 5, Reason 10, Studio One 3 - 4