Line 6 JTV-69S Double Cut Electric Guitar with Single Coils (3 Tone Sunburst)
James Tyler Variax is the only guitar in the world that can sound like an entire collection of vintage instruments. No more dragging multiple guitars to recording sessions. Thanks to Variax HD technology, each instrument inside the JTV-69S guitar offers exceptional sonic detail plus organic feel and response—allowing you to capture a wide range of classic tones in pristine sound quality.
JTV-69S also eliminates many common recording challenges: Stay in the creative flow instead of finding, tuning and acclimating to the feel of a new instrument. Track acoustic guitars with ease. Switch between alternate tunings on the fly. Banish pickup noise from your recordings forever. Find inspiration in the collection of eclectic instruments. It's the guitar you've always wanted in the studio.
Download the free Variax HD upgrade...
Create Custom Instruments with Variax Workbench HD
Variax Workbench HD is your own personal guitar custom shop—with a twist. The software takes you far beyond what’s possible in the physical realm so you can build virtually any guitar imaginable. Using the powerful and easy-to-use interface, you can mix and match a wide variety of instrument body and pickup models to create unique guitar tones or celebrated classics. You can also set up your guitars with Open G, DADGAD, Drop D or any other custom tuning.
Record with Amazing HD Acoustics and Eclectics
With instant access to the world’s greatest acoustic and exotic instruments, JTV-69S ensures you’ll always get a great acoustic guitar sound in the studio. Each HD model delivers the tone of a professionally miked instrument in breathtaking depth and detail, capturing the subtle nuances of string vibration through the soundboard and the tonewoods of the original guitar body. It’s never been easier to record pristine acoustic takes—without setting up mics, preamps and EQ, or worrying about a barking dog or nearby lawnmower.
HD Electric Guitars
When it comes to electrics, we’ve included a broad collection of the world’s most revered vintage and modern guitars—taking you from classic rock sounds to blues, country, metal and more. Featuring meticulous HD models based on historic Strat, Les Paul and Rickenbacker guitars, among others, your James Tyler Variax provides instant access to the guitar tones favored by the world’s most famous players. Whether you’re recording or performing, JTV-69S gives you an amazing breadth of guitar sounds for all styles of music.
Access Alternate Tunings—Instantly
Imagine switching instantly between Open G, DADGAD and Standard tunings without interrupting your recording session. JTV-69S provides immediate access to 11 alternate tunings, so you can stay in the creative moment instead of spending quality time with your tuner. You can mix and match any tuning with any instrument—and also create your own tunings on the fly with Virtual Capo. It’s easy to save your custom tunings, either to the open Model slot on the Alt Tune knob, or to one of the other alternate tuning slots.
Record Without Hum
Hum, crackle and other noises can easily ruin a perfectly good take. While all guitars—especially single-coil models—are susceptible to this problem, vintage instruments are particularly notorious. With JTV-69S you can enjoy these classic guitars without the distraction of noisy electronics. Thanks to Variax HD technology, every instrument in JTV-69S is free of hum—so you can enjoy great-sounding, consistent tone when the record light is on.
Designed by master luthier James Tyler, JTV-69S is a supreme player’s instrument. Following the tradition of the classic 25-1/2” scale, bolt-on neck, three-pickup solidbody, JTV-69S features an alder body, a maple neck carved to a comfortably rounded Tyler '59 profile and a 22-fret maple or rosewood fingerboard. This time-tested design yields the bright, percussive snap and bite that characterize this breed of guitar, with plenty of bluesy warmth when required.
A nod to the traditional format, JTV-69S features an SSS pickup configuration complete with three vintage-voiced single-coil pickups that are loaded with alnico magnets and wound to James Tyler's specs. Thanks to the James Tyler Custom Tremolo bridge, JTV-69S delivers smooth vibrato action.
James Tyler has made a career of understanding what makes vintage instruments so phenomenally playable, and applied this expertise to the James Tyler Variax guitar series. Knowing that the components of a guitar have an impact on feel and durability as well as tone, Tyler chose only the best neck, pickups, bridge, nut and tuners for JTV-69S. Thanks to these premium components, JTV-69S sounds and feels as good as it looks.
The Dream Rig
Individually, the JTV-69S guitar, DT25 or DT50 amplifier and POD HD500 multi-effect processor are powerful sonic tools. Collectively, they form the ultimate integrated Dream Rig—and provide limitless sonic possibilities. With the press of a single footswitch, you can change sounds, routing, instruments, effects and tuning—instantly transforming your setup into virtually any rig.
- Body: Alder body
- Neck: Bolt-on solid maple neck with rosewood or maple fingerboard and dot inlays (Tyler '59 neck shape)
- Scale Length: 25-1/2”
- Frets: 22 medium-jumbo frets
- Nut: 1-5/8" Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL self-lubricating nut
- Tuners: Sealed locking/staggered tuners (16:1 turn ratio)
- Hardware: Chrome hardware
- Bridge: Fully adjustable Tyler-designed tremolo bridge
- Pickups: SSS pickup configuration features vintage-style single-coil pickups loaded with alnico magnets and wound to Tyler's specs, L. R. Baggs Radiance Hex piezo pickup system
- Knobs: Master Volume and Tone knobs
- Pickup Selector: 5-way selector switch
- Variax Control: Model knob and Alt Tune roller knob for easily accessing instrument sounds and alternate tunings
- Outputs: 1/4” out, VDI (Variax Digital Interface) for integration with Line 6 POD HD500 and POD HD Pro, and limited compatibility with POD xt, POD X3, Vetta II amplifier and other legacy Line 6 products
- Battery: Lithium-ion battery (12 hours of play time) and international wall charger (also functions as standard electric guitar without batteries)
- Software: Variax Workbench HD software and USB interface
- Case: Includes high-quality padded gig bag
- Available Accessories: Additional battery, charger and cable kit available separately
- Finish: Three-tone Sunburst finish with rosewood fingerboard, chrome hardware, mint pickguard and pickup covers