Upgrade License for sale to customers who own a previous version of Sony Vegas Pro. Customers must provide us with the serial number from their previous version software at the time of purchase.
Discounted for sale to students, teachers, schools, churches, non-profit organizations, and government organizations.
Electronic Software Download (ESD). This order will be delivered electronically. Customers ordering this item will receive an email message within a 24-48 hours of placement of their order with instructions on downloading the software.
More speed. More tools. More possibilities. Video editing with the new MAGIX VEGAS Pro 16 Suite
The complete package for video editing, VEGAS Pro 16 Suite opens up new worlds of video and audio creation. Add Hollywood effects to your films with the latest premium plug-ins and quickly create professional DVD and Blu-ray Discs with powerful disc authoring tools.
Exclusive plug-ins in VEGAS Pro 16 Suite:
FXhome HitFilm Ignite Pro. Discover 180 plug-ins that help you create every video effect imaginable: from color correction and video clean-up to special laser and warp effects.
proDAD VitaScene V3 PRO. An incredible suite that has around 700 effects for creating stunning visuals for film including filters, paint effects, and animated movie effects.
Boris FX Sapphire Lighting Unit. A set of spectacular natural and synthetic lighting effects. Discover everything from 3D lens flares to more subtle glows, glints, and glares.
DVD- and High Definition Blu-ray Disc Authoring. Produce professional DVD and Blu-ray discs. With 80 templates to choose from, or your own design from Photoshop, it's easy to build great-looking menus.
New in MAGIX Vegas Pro Edit 16:
- Motion Tracking. You asked for it, and VEGAS delivers advanced motion tracking that gives you the tracking power you need! Create sophisticated mask shapes and track any object to apply filters, special effects, and "pin" text to tracked objects with ease.
- Dynamic storyboard and timeline interaction. The dynamic storyboard workflow might just change the way you edit from now on. Quickly assemble rough cuts and alternate versions in an uncomplicated storyboard environment. Changes made to the main storyboard are reflected instantaneously in the timeline and vice versa. Additional storyboards can also be created and used for experimental edits, alternate sequencing, or as a new tool for organizing separate sections of your project.
- Extensive file backup options. VEGAS Pro 16 features a comprehensive list of file backup options. You can back up your work after a set time (determined in minutes and hours) and keep any number of daily backups. You can automatically save the current project and a backup file after every edit. All backups can be saved to the same folder as the project file, a temporary location, or any user-specified location, and opened anytime you want to return to them.
- Drag media bin to timeline. Save time! Files don't need to be added one by one anymore. You can now drag media bins (which also include the new storyboard bins) directly to the project timeline to add all of the bin's media files simultaneously.
- Resizable media thumbnails. Project media thumbnails can now be enlarged so you can see more detail and achieve greater hover scrub accuracy. You now see a more accurate location of specific video frames and can edit with much finer hover scrubbing and more exact in/out marking.
- Project media hover scrub. Hover scrubbing project media thumbnails gives you a quick way to identify the important points in your video files before you add them to your timeline. Simply move the mouse over a thumbnail in the Project Media window and scrub through the video to find a specific frame.
- Project media in/out points. With the ability to place the hover scrub cursor at an exact frame within the Project Media thumbnail, you can now create an In or Out point at that location. When the file is added to the project, the resulting event will then automatically be trimmed down to these defined In/Out points.
- Preview multiple selected project media files. It's now possible to select more than one media file in the Project Media window and preview each file, one after the other, in one continuous operation. This is great when you are working with storyboards because you will quickly be able to preview the entire storyboard in sequence.
- Close gaps. Now you can easily and automatically close the gaps between any selected events on a track within a project. This helps you quickly clean up your projects and ensures you have no black frames between edits.
- Select events from cursor. You can now select events from the current cursor position, including all events on selected tracks or within the entire project from the cursor to the end. It's a great way to quickly create space within a project to insert other events.
- High DPI scaling. As more and more elements of VEGAS Pro become compatible with High DPI monitors, you can change to High DPI mode to take advantage of an even crisper, clearer user interface on your High DPI monitor.
- Automatic subtitle creation from timeline regions or a file. Speech from a video that has been transcribed and entered as named regions in your project, a text file, or a spreadsheet can be used to instantly create a subtitle track. Subtitle positions can be automatically synced to project audio events and can be edited for fine tuning.
- Add missing stream. Sometimes your project contains either the video or audio portion of a video clip on the timeline and you decide that you want the other portion too. This feature instantly finds the missing portion, creates an event for it and syncronizes it to the existing portion.
- Video Stabilization. The video stabilization tool has been completely rebuilt with our own state-of-the-art technology. It now delivers excellent quality stabilization from even the shakiest footage.
- HDR Support. With full support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) color, not only can you work with video footage shot with the latest cameras, but also preview your work on HDR reference monitors and deliver stunningly crisp HDR content.
- 360° editing. VEGAS Pro 16 includes 360º templates for some of the most popular cameras. Set your project up as a 360 project, stitch dual fisheye files seamlessly, preview your file with complete 360 control, apply 360 filters, and deliver as complete 360 videos. Give your viewers a completely immersive experience with 360 video.
- Tiny Planet OFX plug-in. In the popular Tiny Planet effect, a subject appears to be standing on a super-small planet. The VEGAS Pro Tiny Planet OFX plug-in is the most elegant solution to create this effect instantly and includes effect animation and integration with regular or 360º videos.
- Bézier Masking. With the powerful, flexible Bézier masking plug-in, you can create up to five different masks, choosing from oval, rectangle or custom shapes. These can then either cut a section of the video out to reveal different video beneath, or have an effect applied within them – such as color grading or blur – making it possible to blur someone's face while leaving the rest of the video in focus. Tied in with the new motion tracker the mask can move along with an object during the course of the video.
- Professional MAGIX eFX audio. VEGAS Pro 16 includes the high-quality Essential eFX audio plug-in suite. A flexible set of tools for shaping and mastering audio, it includes plug-ins for improving the quality of your soundtrack, reducing noise, or adding special effects like delay, reverb, chorus, and much more.
- AutoLooks. Give your videos that Hollywood look! With just a few clicks, you can add the atmosphere, feel, and look of famous films, movie genres, film stocks, or particular movie-making eras to your video. Take your viewers on a journey into a whole new realm
MAGIX Vegas Pro Edit 16 – Feature Highlights:
- Latest video stabilization
- Advanced motion tracking
- Innovative, one-of-a-kind storyboard workflow
- Support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) colors
- MAGIX eFX plug-ins for modern audio effects
- Powerful workflow for editing 360° media
- Enhanced High DPI scaling for a razor-sharp user interface
- Creative Tiny Planet OFX plug-in
- Advanced storage options and project backup
- DVD Architect for DVD and Blu-ray Disc authoring
- NEW: FXhome HitFilm Ignite Pro
- NEW: Boris FX Sapphire Lighting Unit
- NEW: proDAD VitaScene V3 PRO
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit) or Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: 2.5 GHz 4-core processor (3 Ghz and 8 cores recommended for 4K)
- RAM: 8 GB RAM minimum (16 GB recommended; 32 GB recommended for 4K)
- Hard drive space: 1.5 GB hard-disk space for program installation; Solid-state disk (SSD) or high-speed multi-disk RAID for 4K media
- Graphics card: Supported NVIDIA: For hardware rendering (NVEnc), GeForce 9XX series or higher with 4 GB; AMD/ATI: Radeon with 4 GB and VCE 3.0 or higher (Radeon Pro series with 8 GB for HDR and 32 bit projects) or Intel: GPU HD Graphics 530 series or higher
- Other: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 SP1 (included on application disc)
- Internet connection: Required for registering and validating the program, as well as for some program functions. Program requires one-time registration.