Discounted License for sale to students, teachers, and schools.
Electronic Software Download (ESD). This order will be delivered electronically. Customers ordering this item will receive an email message within a 24-48 hours of placement of their order with instructions on downloading the software.
MAGIX Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 16 is the perfect software choice for all your photo and graphic design work, with powerful photo editing and enhancement features, and truly flexible illustration and design tools. Here are just some of the reasons why we believe Xara stands out from the competition, making Photo & Graphic Designer a great choice for all your photo editing, illustration and graphic design needs.
Photo & Graphic Designer allows you to do amazing things with photos, includes really intuitive vector drawing tools and advanced text handling, all in one seamlessly integrated environment.
Revolutionary Photo Handling
- Fast, non-destructive photo handling. Photo & Graphic Designer photo handling beats other graphics programs on many fronts. It's much, much faster, produces smaller files and it's non-destructive. It makes the perfect photo composition tool. Photo & Graphic Designer offers completely non-destructive photo editing (which means you can edit your photo as many times as you like without the loss of quality that is normal in other photo programs), and it uses a fraction of the RAM required by other products. It can handle multiple very high resolution images with ease, even on a modest PC.
- Storage space. Photo & Graphic Designer is also unique in the way it handles and stores photos, which means that files containing photos can be anywhere from 3 to 100 times smaller than with other programs.
- Integrated Photo Tool. Photo & Graphic Designer includes a revolutionary integrated, ultra-fast, non-destructive photo editing tool. It offers both automatic real-time photo enhance and manual controls (brightness, contrast, sharpen, blur, saturation, temperature and a new cross process option) plus real-time scaling and rotation even on very high res images. Other features include flexible cropping, red eye removal, advanced shadow & highlights and brightness levels controls, perspective correction. Combine this with features such as vector masking, layer blending, feathering - all in the non-destructive, memory efficient way - and you have something that no other photo tool can provide.
- Advanced Photo Manipulation. The powerful photo tools can produce almost miraculous changes and improvements to your photos! The Photo Healing and Magic Erase tools makes it quick and easy to seamlessly erase unwanted objects from your photo completely, so you'll never know they were there!
- Color Enhancement. The Color Enhance control is another powerful tool for photo manipulation. It's incredibly quick and easy to perform any enhance operation - such as a change of brightness, contrast or color - based on a selected color in your image.
- Creative Effects. Photo & Graphic Designer includes a selection of 60+ creative 'Live Effect' plug-ins that can transform both photos and vector drawings (they are called Live Effects because the object remains editable even after applying the effect). Effects include oil painting, pencil and crayon drawing, crumple, fish-eye, waves, 'liquid paint' for creating caricatures and many, many more. Most modern Adobe Photoshop® plug-ins work as Live Effects, giving access to a huge range of free and commercial plug-ins for creating effects that would take a lifetime to explore.
- Online Content Catalog. The Online Content Catalog (provided as part of the Update Service) also includes 125 ready-made photo filter pre-sets that you can simply drop on your photo to create popular effects and moods such as 'summer', 'vintage' and 'exposed' or interesting texture and photo effects. See some examples. The Content Catalog also provides direct access to a huge collection of royalty-free stock photos & illustrations from Pixabay. In addition there's an Effect Painter and flexible mask and region tools that enable you to enhance or apply effects to selected areas of a photo.
- Photo Panoramas. Perhaps the easiest to use panorama maker. Drop a series of photos on the page, click one button and you'll get a perfect, seamless joined panoramic image.
- Intelligent Scaling. The Photo Tool includes innovative intelligent image scaling technology that allows 'content aware scaling', which means images can be stretched or squashed while retaining the proportions of important parts of the picture. This can provide a near miraculous ability to stretch and change the aspect ratio of photos, without apparently distorting the content of the photo. And there is also 'content aware zooming', which works in a similar way but allows you to resize the object that is the center of interest without increasing the size of the total image.
- Bitmap Tracer. Photo & Graphic Designer's powerful bitmap tracer can convert your bitmaps – typically photos, line-art or logos – into editable vector shapes.
All the Creative Tools you Need
- Drawing Tools. Photo & Graphic Designer is the primary tool of many illustrators and includes a set of powerful but really easy to use vector line and shape drawing and editing tools. The Quickshape tools (rectangle, circle etc) allow you to draw pre-set shapes very quickly and easily. Editing shapes and lines is easy and the Freehand line drawing tool even offers a slider for retroactive smoothing after you've drawn your line. And there's support for pressure sensitive tablets too. The powerful Shape Eraser and Shaper Builder tools allow you to easily erase or build on your image with a 'paintbrush' type action, whether it's a vector drawing or a photo.
- Advanced Text Handling. Photo & Graphic Designer offers everything you need for adding creative text to your designs. The Text Tool allows you to enter as many lines of text as you want, at any place in your document and at any angle, and you can also set your text along a curved path. Additionally, just like any drawn object in Photo & Graphic Designer, you can freely resize it on the page, and apply any of the effects, such as transparency, fills, molds and so on - and yet the text remains editable.
- 3D Extrude. The world's fastest, slickest, and highest quality vector 3D extrude tool. Take any shape, and just drag on the face to create a beautifully lit and shaded 3D version. Drag on the sides to extend the extrude depth. It couldn't be easier.
- Blends. The blend tool tweens or blends from one shape to another. It's ultra-fast, click-drag simple, works with vector shapes, text and photos. Blends can be used to create complex highlights, blurred edges on objects, repetitive patterns and many other effects, in other words it's a vital tool for creative design. Photo & Graphic Designer performs blending in a very quick and memory-efficient way compared to other drawing packages - meaning less waiting for you and less draining of your systems resources.
- Transparency & Feathering. Xara was the first vector application to introduce transparency, and continues to this day to offer the easiest, most advanced transparency control of any software. With click-drag simplicity you can create graduated transparencies to any object, photo, text, and vector shape. Xara was also the first application to offer vector feathering (sometimes called Soft Vectors). This is a technique of slightly blurring the edges of objects to help them blend into the background and enables high quality realistic images to be created more quickly and easily than in any other software. The combination of feathering and transparency is great for any photo composition work, as well as realistic vector shading, vital for any good illustration.
- Color Palette from Photo. A common professional trick is to tie the document colors to colors used within a key photo in that document. Normally this is a pretty time consuming, manual process but Photo & Graphic Designer includes a powerful new tool that will analyse a photo, identify the pre-dominant colors in that image, and create a color palette of those colors with the names Theme Color 1 to Theme Color 5. By using those Theme Colors in your document, and linked shades of those colors, you can quickly and easily give your design a harmonious, professional look.
- Shadows, Bevels & Contours. Photo & Graphic Designer offers several powerful tools that allow you to add realistic effects with a single click. Apply, remove, and modify semi-transparent (or 'soft') shadows to any object with the Shadow tool. Use the Bevel tool to add bevels to any object, giving them the realistic appearance of depth. And add contours around objects with the Contour tool. All resolution independent (don't lose quality when you scale them)!
- Font & Texture Fill Gallery. Photo & Graphic Designer also includes a font and texture fill gallery including 250 TrueType and PostScript fonts and 500 textures.
Productivity & Useability Benefits
- Speed. Photo & Graphic Designer is based on the world's most sophisticated, highest performance vector rendering engine. Quite simply this makes it the fastest graphics software to be found. Just what you need when you're working with complex illustrations or huge photos!
- Direct Action Tools. The Direct Action Tools allow you to create effects such as transparency, shadows, bevels or gradient fills in an interactive, fast and intuitive way. No distracting dialogs - simply drag on the object!
- Easy Drag & Drop. Many tasks in Photo & Graphic Designer benefit from being able to use the drag and drop principle, which is the most intuitive way of working and a great time saver. It also supports drag and drop import of files, such as photos.
- Solid Object Editing. Instead of dragging outlines when you draw, move, rotate or resize objects, Photo & Graphic Designer offers solid live object manipulation, which simply makes it much easier to see what you're doing! Only Photo & Graphic Designer is fast enough to do this on complex vector graphics.
- Infinite Undo / Redo. Being able to change what you have done is vital in a graphics package. Photo & Graphic Designer allows unlimited undo, making experimentation easy.
- Zoom to 25,000%. The Zoom tool allows magnification up to 25,000%, perfect for detailed work. And it's super-fast and resolution independent too.
- Operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 (64-bit version reqired)
- Processor: Dual-core processor with 2.0 GHz
- RAM: 4 GB
- Graphics card: Onboard, minimum resolution 1280 x 600
- Hard drive space: 300 MB for program installation
- Program languages: English, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, Nederlands
- Graphics tablet: Require Windows 7 or higher