Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM
Microsoft Windows 8 OEM is for pre-installation on a new personal computer or installation on a computer that is not currently running Windows 7, Vista, or XP. This product is a full version of Microsoft Windows 8 – not an upgrade. Microsoft Windows 8 OEM 64-Bit can be installed on personal computers with a 64-bit capable processor.
Microsoft Windows 8 is built on the rock-solid foundation of Windows 7, but it’s been improved on all fronts. You can install Windows 8 on the same hardware that powers Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, and you’ll love how it works on new devices, too. Windows 8 was designed with Windows 7 apps in mind, because you probably have older apps you need to use.
In addition to the new look of the Start Screen, Windows 8 incorporates the desktop that you’re familiar with. Think of the desktop as one of the many apps you can run in Windows 8. In the desktop, you’ll see all the settings, devices, and features you used in Windows 7—and you can run the desktop apps you ran in Windows 7, too.
Cloud-connected with your Microsoft account
Sign in to your Windows 8 device with your Microsoft account and you’re immediately connected to the people, files, and settings you care about. Your PC comes to life with all the things that make Windows yours, including your Start page, themes, language preferences, browsing history, and browser favorites. You can connect your favorite services to your Microsoft account, too, like Hotmail, Messenger, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more. And you can immediately get to your photos, docs, and other files, whether they’re on SkyDrive, Facebook, Flickr, or other services.
It's all about the apps
In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse great apps, all grouped in easy-to-find categories. We highlight great apps for you and provide quick access to frequently downloaded apps. You can also see how other people have rated apps. You’ll always know what’s interesting, new, and popular. You won’t have to worry about buying something you don’t want because you can try before you buy, if the app supports it. If you try an app and like it, you can buy it and continue using the full app with no interruption. You won’t waste time or lose your place.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2 (more info)
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
- Required Connectivity: Internet access
- Required Video Card: Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 9 graphics card with WDDM driver
- Additional System Requirements: Microsoft account required for some features. Watching DVDs requires separate playback software. Windows Media Center license sold separately. See Windows 8 System Requirements for full details.