The Novation Circuit Mono Station Paraphonic Analog Synthesizer and Sequencer is a compact and portable paraphonic analog synthesizer based on the Novation Bass Station II. The instrument features three sequencer tracks that benefit from the 32 (4 x 8) velocity-sensitive RGB pads found on the original Circuit groove box. The Circuit Mono Station offers a comprehensive set of connections with a single 1/4" line output, a 1/4" audio input, clock input and output via 1/8" connectors, and Note Out connections for CV, Gate, and Aux CV. Additionally, the device includes MIDI In, Out, and Thru via 1/8" connectors, which work with the included 1/8" to 5-pin DIN MIDI breakout cables.
The sequencer offers real-time and step-input recording over monophonic and paraphonic modes with dedicated sequencer tracks for oscillator 1, oscillator 2, and a modulation sequencer. Additionally, you can alter Gate length, switch patterns instantly, choose sync rates, and mutate patterns. The multimode filter offers selection for HP, BP, and LP with 12 and 24 dB slopes. In addition to the filter overdrive, the Circuit Mono offers three modes of distortion based on the classic Bass Station, new fuzz, or a mixture of both. The modulation matrix provides an excellent platform for enabling complex alterations and routings with sources including envelope, LFO, sequencer, and velocity. Destinations include pitch, PWM, amp, filter, distortion, and aux CV.
The groove box includes Circuit Components, a collection of utilities designed to help you quickly and easily customize your instrument. The Editor gives you unadulterated access to Circuit's 2 synth engines and the Librarian allows for complete cloud-based backups with session recall from anywhere in the world.
The on-board USB port is class compliant and connects to any Mac or Windows computer and transfers MIDI and frimware updates. The Circuit Mono Station comes with a USB cable, three 1/8" / 3.5mm to 5-pin DIN breakout cables, a 12 VDC power supply, and the Components software suite.
Novation Circuit Mono Station Paraphonic Analog Synthesizer and Sequencer – Key Features:
- Individually Controlled Oscillators: Two oscillators with individual control of sync and tuning parameters
- Multimode Filter: High-pass, low-pass and band-pass filters with slopes of 12 and 24 dB
- Three Distortion Modes: Classic Bass Station, New Fuzz or a mixture of both
- Monophonic and Paraphonic Modes: Includes individual glide control
- Adaptable Modulation System: Four-by-eight modulation matrix that enables complex alteration and routing
- Patches at Your Fingertips: Load and save up to 64 patches on the device
- Three Sequencer Tracks: Two oscillator sequencers and one modulation sequencer
- Connect to Hardware and Software: CV, gate, and modulation outputs for controlling separate hardware.
- Connect and sync to your music software and MIDI-compatible hardware
- Modulate, evolve, and process your source through the audio input
- Store Unlimited Sounds: Backup patches and sessions with Components, a suite of free tools for Circuit that provides all you need to expand, tweak, and create your own customized instrument
- Patch Flip: Turns Circuit Mono Station into a sound designer's dream
- Create unique sequences with different presets and automation per step.
- Using Patch Flip, Circuit Mono Station is also a fully-analog drum synthesiser
- Modular Gear: Program notes into the Mod Seq page to independently control your modular and CV gear with pitch and gate control via the CV/GATE output
- LFO Sync: The Circuit Mono Station LFOs allow you to decouple synced LFOs from key sync
- Sequences can benefit from longer LFOs staying in sync across several notes, great for making widely evolving musical phrases.
- LFO Clock Sync can also be controlled independently
- Envelope Trigger: Choose between legato or retriggered envelopes, adding a generous amount of extra expression in your Circuit Mono Station sequences
- Sound Collective
- The Sound Collective is a platform that will provide a free third-party software instrument or creative effect to all of their registered Novation hardware users every two months
- Register your Novation hardware to access innovative software every couple of months courtesy of the Sound Collective
- Free and discounted synthesizers and effects available every two months, when you purchase and register any Novation product