1-Year Subscription License for sale to students and teachers
Phoenix FD is a powerful tool for fluid simulations. Aimed to meet the needs of VFX artist to simulate fire, smoke, explosions as well as liquids, foam and splashes, it has now become universal simulation software for every production house. Phoenix FD offers exceptional flexibility and speed. With an adaptive grid, complete interactivity, a GPU accelerated preview and a fully multi-threaded displacement algorithm it stands out as one of the top solutions for fluid simulations in the visual effects industry.
Phoenix FD 2.0 now adds the capability to generate and drag particles based on current simulations. This allows the user to add even finer detail to all types of simulations without the need to increase the simulation resolution.
What's New in Phoenix FD 2.2 for 3ds Max?
- Updated for V-Ray 3.2 for 3ds Max
- Support for 3ds Max 2016
- Improved User Interface
- Grid-based Self Illumination for fast, artifact free illumination
- Improved Point Shader with Light Cache support for rendering millions of particles
- Phoenix FD Properties Menu with right-click access to per object overrides
- Morphing Tools with new Attraction Forces to control fluid direction
- Animation Loop to seamlessly loop simulation sequences
- Direct RGB Color Settings to mix colors used in smoke and liquid simulations
- External File Formats
- PRT file export for foam, splash, and drag particles
- Import Field3D and OpenVDB files and render with Phoenix FD volume shaders
Phoenix FD 2.2 for 3ds Max Key Features
Foam and splashes particle shader. Phoenix FD 2.0 comes with a brand new shader for particles. It allows the user to have full control when shading foam and splashes particles generated by the new core.
Simulation of foam and splashes. With the new and improved simulation core, Phoenix FD is capable of generating particles where foam or splashes would usually appear in a simulation. This extraordinary new technology allows the user to further increase the realism of liquid simulations.
GPU Preview improvements. In version 2.0 the GPU preview fully supports lighting and diffuse color shading. Additionally, the renderings can be automatically saved as PNG files in the simulation directory. This seemingly simple upgrade will allow the user to quickly preview their simulation results without having to waste time rendering them on the CPU.
Render particles as smoke. New and improved shading methods allow the rendering of small tightly packed particles as a volumetric smoke. This simple yet powerful solution allows the user to add plenty of detail to their simulations without sacrificing render times.
Particle export. The simulation core has been further improved to be able to efficiently trace particles. This allows the user to add even finer detail to all types of simulations without the need to increase the simulation resolution.
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP2 or higher) 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Business (SP1 or higher) 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit
- Minimum 2GHz CPU
- Minimum 1GB RAM
- 64-bit Autodesk 3ds Max or 3ds Max Design versions 9 or later